SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Turbo feels like it will make heaps of power and feels pretty responsive considering I doubled the a/r on the exhuast housing. Might boost it to 12psi to see if theres a big change. I just can't believe how well the tial controls the boost. Nothing comes out The screamer until like 9-9.5 psi.

Did a naughty today and gave my car some full boost in a couple of gears to test the new clutch; I'm supposed to be running in a gearbox...

Fark me, not sure if I'll need E-flex straight away. On the freeway ramp 2nd took me there so fast I couldn't even enjoy it lol. And third gear roll from 80km/h is ridiculously good fun. <3 SS1PU

Now to be good for the rest of my gearbox run in period :/

Did a naughty today and gave my car some full boost in a couple of gears to test the new clutch; I'm supposed to be running in a gearbox...

Fark me, not sure if I'll need E-flex straight away. On the freeway ramp 2nd took me to 100 so fast I couldn't even enjoy it lol. And third gear roll from 80km/h is ridiculously good fun. <3 SS1PU

Lol..yeah i was amazed how fast my car actually was with a decent clutch installed too.... anything over 4000rpm just gets scary now :laugh:

Turbo feels like it will make heaps of power and feels pretty responsive considering I doubled the a/r on the exhuast housing. Might boost it to 12psi to see if theres a big change. I just can't believe how well the tial controls the boost. Nothing comes out The screamer until like 9-9.5 psi.

Can't wait to see the tune results

Stao, have you ever thought about doing a twin scroll turbine housing or are they too expensive to produce?

The turbo is not expansive to produce. all I have to do is slot the .82 rear housing in the center and insert an divider then profile the housing to suit turbine wheel, and we have a real twin scroll turbine housing. How ever it must be used on a twin scroll manifold as well external gate (preferably 2).

The turbo is not expansive to produce. all I have to do is slot the .82 rear housing in the center and insert an divider then profile the housing to suit turbine wheel, and we have a real twin scroll turbine housing. How ever it must be used on a twin scroll manifold as well external gate (preferably 2).

any chance of a internally gated twin scroll? I'll be down for that!

Didn't KKR produced a twins scroll internally gated turbine housing for their KKR480 and 560 turbos years back? It ring a bell as I have read many complaints about their lack in ability of boost control.

Didn't KKR produced a twins scroll internally gated turbine housing for their KKR480 and 560 turbos years back? It ring a bell as I have read many complaints about their lack in ability of boost control.

Wouldn't surprise me if they struggled with boost control. There is probably a reason you don't see many, if any twin scroll internally gated turbine housings

Edited by Mitcho_7

Wouldn't surprise me if they struggled with boost control. There is probably a reason you don't see many, if any twin scroll internally gated turbine housings

EVOs, STIs run internally gated twin scrolls. I just want it for simplicity & the "kinda" stock look instead of 2x gates hanging off the manifold.

EVOs, STIs run internally gated twin scrolls. I just want it for simplicity & the "kinda" stock look instead of 2x gates hanging off the manifold.

Yeh, itd definently be worth a try i think, providing you can get it to control boost well. Sure as hell beats having to fiddle with plumbing up two external gates in that limited space.

Edited by Mitcho_7

One external gate is fine if you run the splitter right up to the gate valve.

I just don't think there is room to effectively flow the gasses on internally gated housings, other than the BW, they nailed it, but it makes the rear housing too large.

picka-boo TiAL :D ... pretty happy with the end result.

only on 10psi at the moment but holds dead flat, car is alot faster and spins all off second if i dump the clutch which it wouldn't do before.

Booking a tune at Chequered Tuning next week, aiming for 280rwkw at 18-19psi

do you have photos of the manifold? I'm curious :)

Just Google rb25 manifold lol. I haven't done anything to manifold. The external gate is off the rear housing. It was cheaper, easier, and I could use my factory crossover pipe with no mods. Just have to chop up the heat shield a bit.

Just Google rb25 manifold lol. I haven't done anything to manifold. The external gate is off the rear housing. It was cheaper, easier, and I could use my factory crossover pipe with no mods. Just have to chop up the heat shield a bit.

LOL

got photos of the rear housing?

derrrr a few pages back lol nvm... I notice the internal gate is still there??

Edited by johnnilicte

Haha. Dual gate is true. But the internal one is locked of with a pin and is nice and sealed. I did it so I have better resale value as well as the option to use it for EPA excuses/rectification and the most important reason for me, bolts to existing dump pipe. Nice and easy

Just got to read from the photos onwards