SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

kwickr33:

Yes we have internal wastegate kit for your turbo. will cost $200 with bracket and high pressure actautor.

Gtscott:

We buy Garrett bearings, seals plus certain bearing housings and we do our own assembly.

Hey Stao, I'm looking to upgrade to a TR43 G1 with a .63AR in the next month or so.

What sort of wastegate actuator options do I have?

I know you don't typically make them with anything less than like 10psi for skylines etc.

but for my X-trail, i need a low boost setup to work off before i raise the boost with a controller.

If I was to order one, can you include a 5psi actuator?

Thanks!

Little update:

I've managed to build a "HKS2530" in a larger .86 T2x turbine housing with OEM RB25det bolton pattern for RB25det engines. Should produce identical amount of power with similar response and better torque for the Rb25s.

Photos:

turbo.jpg

housing1.jpg

housing2.jpg

Looks great Tao!

How about a HKS GTRS type setup? My understanding the GTRS basically has the response of a 2530 and the top end of a 2535 or something similar.

any chance you have a garret gt30 ex hausing with rb style flange on there do you?internally gated if possible

Yes we can do that.

The GTRS would be a smaller trimed 2871R. I'm also building one with larger comp trim. My engine is almost finished. I will put that on and see what happens.

im just looking to buy a garrett gt30 rear exhaust housing,i believe the genuine garrett option is best suited to my turbo,gt30 71r non cropped turbine

The genuine Garrett GT30 internally gated turbine housing I have a listing for $650AUD including GST brand new in .82 A/R.

Can i ask, which turbo and housing is best for r33.

Thing is: i dont wanna upgrade injectors, PFC, z32 etc.

I just want to run MINES ECU, Bosch fuel pump, exhaust and cooler on 14 psi, (stock injectors and z32). So around 225kw is probably aim, but would have to be responsive.

Stao how are you mate...

im after a turbo for my car gt 3540 - 2530 but i want the power of the 3540 with more response... is there a half way kinda turbo out there td06? or something i was told.... now im after 230 awkw on the gts4 but im gona want more later on..... ive spoken to you late last year.. about this but theres so many to choose from.. whats gona be best for my rb20 ?

regards George

Can i ask, which turbo and housing is best for r33.

Thing is: i dont wanna upgrade injectors, PFC, z32 etc.

I just want to run MINES ECU, Bosch fuel pump, exhaust and cooler on 14 psi, (stock injectors and z32). So around 225kw is probably aim, but would have to be responsive.

That is the easiest question ever to answer.... the factory turbo, as your Mines ecu is tuned only for the std turbo and std afm. It will run with the z32 but the map scaling will be up the shit.

If you do swap the turbo it will just be a matter of time before you have a nice mess on your hands.

Stao how are you mate...

im after a turbo for my car gt 3540 - 2530 but i want the power of the 3540 with more response... is there a half way kinda turbo out there td06? or something i was told.... now im after 230 awkw on the gts4 but im gona want more later on..... ive spoken to you late last year.. about this but theres so many to choose from.. whats gona be best for my rb20 ?

regards George

A gt3540 will make 400rwkw a 2530 will make 230rwkw..... big difference.

Hi George you can use our ATR43G3 in .63 turbine. It can get you about 240~60rwkws internally gated on RB20det with full boost around 4500RPM or some thing like this:

This is a ATR43G3 .63 turbo with built in External gate that is designed to bolton to stock RB20det's manifold, dump, and all lines.

Image0021.jpg

Image0024.jpg

Image0025.jpg

Image0031.jpg

Image0033.jpg

Above was built for a Rb20det customer.

Also like to add all of our HPVA external wastegate are equipped with a Genuine Tail 38mm external gate Diaphragm:

taildiaphram.jpg

Stao will the ATR43G3 in .63 turbine do 230-260 awkw comfortably ? i dont wana be driving around on 21 pound lol

also if i can get 260 kw i think thats plenty coming from an rb20... might stick to the atr43g3 with .63 also price it with internal gate please ta!

Edited by v8tzr

Yes you need to run 20psi to get about 260rwkws with stock rb20det. This engines need abit of boost to make power.

For comfortably I would say around 245rwkws. with about 18psi of boost.

Yes you need to run 20psi to get about 260rwkws with stock rb20det. This engines need abit of boost to make power.

For comfortably I would say around 245rwkws. with about 18psi of boost.

Price? on one of these? will be purchasing within the month..

Price on those is $1450 including braided oil feeding line and GST. will cost $150 more If you want external gate built it, which is highly recommended for high boost applications.

This also includes 12 month warranty for all high performance applications. Means your warranty does not void if you run 24psi every day like I do and drift it 24/7.

hey stao,

Im running the older version of your turbo turbo the tr43i .63 on a r33 on 17.5 psi and getting fullboost at about 4500 and 260kw, wondering how much difference your new atr43 g3 would run? would it be less laggier?