SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

E85 always makes me think aim higher lol. If only it helped response as much as it helps power, that would be the ants pants.

You got da high comp bro and you worried about response?

I don't see any other option for you... You can deny it as much as you want but I can see you filling at caltex within the year. lol.

lol when caltex roll it out across the state ill be using it for sure. at the moment theres nothing local to me which supplies it.

if the car ran out of fuel its like hey lets go for a half hour drive with a jerry can lol about half an hour in only 2 directions. much further in any other :(

the high comp is due to retire soon. DET block has been bored 20thou and CP pistons at 8.5:1 have been match bored already. crank is next (once i pay for some dental), will match some bearings to it and check the rods. put it back together shortly after and grabing a 20g to go.

plan is to pick up some detchwerks 1000ccs while im at it so im ready for the good stuff when its actually available ;) keep in mind my car is intended as a frequent driver and track car. the only ameture friendly track is over 2 hours drive away and i havent seen a caltex there let alone any eflex supply lol. but sooner or later ill join you guys on that bandwagon, yes.

This is very true but 2nd gear is snapping into 3rd is my fav!

It steps out out when ever you plant it in 2nd.

Have you fixed your clutch slip?

My tyres hold strong in 2nd, it's the clutch that let's go when the power comes on! Meant to have clutch in the other day...but we had a customer warranty job to fix, so my car should be on the hoist tomorrow hopefully!

S1 R33

3 inch dump,high flow cat, 3 inch exhaust

Apexi metal intake pipe with pod --- problem?

China fmic --- problem?

044 fuel pump

660cc high flow injectors

Superspark coils with copper plugs @.8

Nistune ecu

Eboost street

SS1pu

277.0hp @17psi

There isn't any boost leaks, we checked while there. I also double clamped all the pipes to make doubly sure.

I did check at the time whether i pulled all the rags out as well.

It's got me stumped, any ideas??

Encouraging news.

Replaced the cat with a 100cell 5inch body metal cat (forget the brand,venom?)

Plazmaman FMIC with a turbosmart fully recirc BOV

3 inch metal intake (thanks to Scotty)

I put a nistune map on that Stao gave me and it's boost waaaaay earlier, only put the map on for a trial. It coughs its guts up any higher than 3000rpm but i did see 10psi at quarter to half throttle by then.

I've put the Hyperdrive map back on until i get it to the dyno again.

Next problem is, do i take it back to Hyperdrive or Pzp? or even post it off to Toshi?

Wish i could take it over East, sounds like theres some great tuners over there.

Anyone know of anyone else in Perth that tunes r33 with z32 ecu?

Cheers

Encouraging news.

Replaced the cat with a 100cell 5inch body metal cat (forget the brand,venom?)

Plazmaman FMIC with a turbosmart fully recirc BOV

3 inch metal intake (thanks to Scotty)

I put a nistune map on that Stao gave me and it's boost waaaaay earlier, only put the map on for a trial. It coughs its guts up any higher than 3000rpm but i did see 10psi at quarter to half throttle by then.

I've put the Hyperdrive map back on until i get it to the dyno again.

Next problem is, do i take it back to Hyperdrive or Pzp? or even post it off to Toshi?

Wish i could take it over East, sounds like theres some great tuners over there.

Anyone know of anyone else in Perth that tunes r33 with z32 ecu?

Cheers

Preferably Allstar in WA, Just get them do a check up and some patch up if required.

I'm sure i've tried them before and they wouldn't do r33 with nistune, i'll try again tommorow.

Pretty sure Hanaldo has said that before also!

So this is what happens after 400-500 launches, several DECA/skidpan days and 3 years of daily driving. It is was a cushion button, so there's supposed to be organic lining between them fancy paddles...which have about half a mm left in them. Note also the heat spots on the cover plate. All in all a solid effort from the Exedy, as she was still letting me launch hard until the very end, only giving out under too much boost (SS1PU POWAAA) and I think that was clamping pressure related. Would definitely use this clutch again if I wasn't making too much power for it.

Waiting for my flywheel (read: saucepan) to come back from being machined and then the NPC organic + reco gearbox go in. <2 hours work so far, not bad for a gearbox and clutch change.

8b+YM_E2_original.png

YeMcYm+V_original.png

So this is what happens after 400-500 launches, several DECA/skidpan days and 3 years of daily driving. It is was a cushion button, so there's supposed to be organic lining between them fancy paddles...which have about half a mm left in them. Note also the heat spots on the cover plate. All in all a solid effort from the Exedy, as she was still letting me launch hard until the very end, only giving out under too much boost (SS1PU POWAAA) and I think that was clamping pressure related. Would definitely use this clutch again if I wasn't making too much power for it.

Waiting for my flywheel (read: saucepan) to come back from being machined and then the NPC organic + reco gearbox go in. <2 hours work so far, not bad for a gearbox and clutch change.

I raise you my button clutch, I did this just daily driving the thing ; ) Totally destroyed it, you can see the heat discolouration and warping of the rivets, with only 150rwkw as well lol.

clutch1w.jpg

Edited by Rolls

You know, you're not supposed to be proud of destroying it that easily :P

Was yours cushion button or button? Looks to have the buttons of a cushion, but your sprung centre is different to mine?

You know, you're not supposed to be proud of destroying it that easily :P

Was yours cushion button or button? Looks to have the buttons of a cushion, but your sprung centre is different to mine?

cushion apparently, but it was TERRIBLE to drive, shuddered and f**ked my gearbox, in the end it still had massive bite and shudder but would slip on hard changes to 2nd.

I am renowned for having no mechanical sympathy haha.