SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao, in your eyes, what would work best if you had 2 options with the ss2, a internal gate ss2 on a brea manifold..or a external

gate ss2 with ext gate put on stock manifold?

cheers

darren

At this power level if using stock mani port matching etc I would imagine to make quite a difference. Pretty sure Abe with G3 port matched and was 350-360kw

Further updates. This is the 2nd SS2 prototype been trailed. More responsive and made more power to previous version. Internally gated.

Max of 312rwkws on BP 98 and 210rwkws by 4000RPMs

Stao is this 100% 98 fuel or could there have still been e85 in the tank for the comparison? The difference between all ss2 models at 3700 is huge with this version way in front!!

Stao do u supply an external gate n low mount turbo package(no brea manifold), if so, what gate is it and how much for package and also for gate separately? Good quality gate?

Stao is this 100% 98 fuel or could there have still been e85 in the tank for the comparison? The difference between all ss2 models at 3700 is huge with this version way in front!!

This has been on my mind

I didnt even give that a thought, buy It's probably highly likely there is eflex still in the tank, because I doubt the tank was drained between the different runs.

It would account for why there is such a large improvement over previous ss2's. I'm sure part of the improvement is also down to stao re engineering housings/wheels as well though!

The e85 has been drained by the fuel pump. And filled up with 20l of 98. Difference was about 10 degrees of timing. The 98 runs appears to be slightly more responsive.

The e85 has been drained by the fuel pump. And filled up with 20l of 98. Difference was about 10 degrees of timing. The 98 runs appears to be slightly more responsive.

So potentially there could have been 2 or 3 litres in tank before adding 98. If so next time you fill up it might start pinging?

I drained mine off the pump other day and I could still see fuel. I only just got new Bosch pump and weather has been too crap to see how much is left in there. But at least a litre minimum maybe 2

I drained mine off the pump other day and I could still see fuel. I only just got new Bosch pump and weather has been too crap to see how much is left in there. But at least a litre minimum maybe 2

Yeah easily. When i convert to e85 normally have to run 20litres of e85 to help flush the left over 98 then refuel e85 and finish tune

Well my car's on E85 full time now. It keeps every thing clean including engine oil, and E85 servo is just 500 meters off road from where I am. My current pump is wabro with a rubber fuel pickup hanging off the bottom, there could be a 1L of E85 diluted into 20L of 98.

E85 generally makes a average 40kws more then 98 then lets say it maxes at 300rwkws on pure 98 on my setup, generally means maximum of 280rwkw when fitted on stock manifold internally gated.

Either way I'm pretty happy with the final result as it had the most area under the curve for the power level it archived, with brilliant road drivability.

If only it was that simple!

Mitch tax time!!

Then you and I are road tripping to Jez's for a tune on this magic juice.

Stao what would you expect the SS1PU to be pulling on e85 stock manifold.

280-290? Or will it max out

Chuck it on your car and show me haha

Mitch tax time!!

Then you and I are road tripping to Jez's for a tune on this magic juice

Have you thought about how youre going to get home, because it's 400 odd kms and I don't think you will make it on one tank of e85. Is there a servo on the highway that sells it?

Might have to carry a few jerry cans with you?

Edited by Mitcho_7

Well, there are no differences in fuel between the two runs, They all been drained out through the fuel pump, and the pump had a rubber pickup that sit on the bottom of the tank. So the fuel are identical. The 98 was carried in 20L drums and removed on the end of the run using same method. The tank is then filled up with E85 again.