SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just put hi-lighter over it. Forgive how rough it is etc.

Yellow is original 315 result

Blue is 307 ex gate

Green is new one with .82 rear

photo-12.jpg

Maybe Stao can get proper comparison sheet when he try's next wheel

Thats with all of them running about 22psi yeh?

I think the new setup internally gated has the nicest curve

Thats with all of them running about 22psi yeh?

I think the new setup internally gated has the nicest curve

Didn't check boost actually But they are all final results so yeah around that. Too hard searching around on my phone to do it properly

But new one runs 82 housing not 63 so should be cooler on track. yet response is still on par.

Further updates. This is the 2nd SS2 prototype been trailed. More responsive and made more power to previous version. Internally gated.

Max of 312rwkws on BP 98 and 210rwkws by 4000RPMs

312rwkws98.jpg

22psi by 3750RPMs, 20psi by 3650 RPMs:

98boost.jpg

U

Max of 348rwkws on E85, probably another 15kws in it as my fuel pump is out.

348rwkwse86.jpg

e85boost.jpg

I believe this turbo would make a pretty responsive 250~280rwkws internally gated on a stock manifold on pump with around 18psi of boost. Would go crazy to run on external gate and e85.

The 5 bolt externally gated version is cheaper then the bolton internally gated version. That is $1100 The factory bolton version is $1375 and oil line is additional $88 which is required to complete the setup.

For any one whom's looking for the externally gated setup, I can supply brae auto's high mount manifold with any turbochargers, with $200 discount off total.

pretty good value..

Too late now. You already picked your side

Its never too late ;)

If I ever get done for my external gate prompting a rebuild, I would definately consider it, until then my car is fast and I am happy... :happy:

The 5 bolt externally gated version is cheaper then the bolton internally gated version. That is $1100 The factory bolton version is $1375 and oil line is additional $88 which is required to complete the setup.

For any one whom's looking for the externally gated setup, I can supply brea auto's high mount manifold for $900 with any turbochargers, they are $1100 retail, so $200 off the total package.

50mm external gate is for $200.

Fark cheaper then the SS1PU

If I ever get done for my external gate prompting a rebuild, I would definately consider it, until then my car is fast and I am happy... :happy:

I thought external gates were ok as long as they are plumbed into the exhaust?

Or are you running a screamer pipe?

For any one whom's looking for the externally gated setup, I can supply brea auto's high mount manifold for $900 with any turbochargers, they are $1100 retail, so $200 off the total package.

the breas are a side mount manifold yes, or do they do a top mount aswell?

Can you weld up something to run the external wastegate off the underside of the rear housing (and plum back into the exhaust futher down) rather than having to buy a new manifold or does that not really work that well?

Can you weld up something to run the external wastegate off the underside of the rear housing (and plum back into the exhaust futher down) rather than having to buy a new manifold or does that not really work that well?

It can be done, gain is more significant if the external gate is fitted on to the exhaust manifold.

Stao, in your eyes, what would work best if you had 2 options with the ss2, a internal gate ss2 on a brea manifold..or a external

gate ss2 with ext gate put on stock manifold?

cheers

darren

Obviously Externally gated setup would pickup more power. There should be 20kws gain running external gate on my current setup.

well I wasn't sure it was so obvious, you said you picked up 15rwkw going from Brea from standard mani ..so i would have thought

the gains from standard manifold to ext gate might have only closed that sort of figure in..guess its one of those things you(not you, but someone)

really have to back to back...

cheers

darren