SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The boost drops off a fair bit up top.

303kw on about 22psi droping back to 19/18psi is a decent result, but it doesnt seem that much different to the g2.5 in terms of response.

The g2.5 made close to that power running 98 on only 20psi didnt it? and pretty close to 200kw at 4000rpm as well

Edited by Mitcho_7

Yeah it's looking like the turbo I'll be after. Want to hit 300rwkw or near enough and hopefully shoot above with e85 if it's ever readily available where I live.

Was gonna use stock manifold but after looking what Stao has said and the Dyno graphs I think I will look at getting a 6boost or brea manifold, depending what is available to me

The temptation to go external gate is there, but I think I'll stand by internal gate

same turbo just pump 98 internally gated. Only shows bit more responsive on paper, but on road its very different to the G2.5. Further response gain will cost top end power unless going external gate.

How ever small differences do adds making a pretty big difference looking back to the old G3. So just have to keep on working at it.

Results from the newer SS2 prototype on Pump 98 internally gated in bolt form. It made final of 302rwkws and did actually manage 200rwkws by 4000RPMs. Pretty sweet to drive on road. At this stage that every HP its getting is based on a trade off of some response. Probably only a tinny bit more room to play with. I will trail one more wheel on it in about a week time.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Wow I'm excited. Glad I sent it back for updates.

What is the difference between this and the other wheel you will be testing next?

Different profiled wheel blades, also complete with a bigger turbine housing.

I've made one more billet wheel with minor alterations to the hub that I like to get some result off.

Just over-layed new Ss2 against old ex gate 307 result and original 315 int gate result on paper.

New one is impressive. New vs 307 are identical from 4500 to redline. 307 makes more around 3700 but dips at 4100 then they meet up.

Original 315 makes less from 33-5500 of up to 60hp then only makes a bit more to redline compared.

Excellent result

Stao,

Any hope in a twin scroll internally gated turbo making somewhere over 300rwkWs on 98 & full noise around 3500 to 3700 rpm?

Here's an example of what the EVO boys use:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-VEVO-039&Category_Code=NEW

The idea of running twin external gates etc.. too much money & space used up.

Just put hi-lighter over it. Forgive how rough it is etc.

Yellow is original 315 result

Blue is 307 ex gate

Green is new one with .82 rear

photo-12.jpg

Maybe Stao can get proper comparison sheet when he try's next wheel

Edited by t_revz

Stao,

Any hope in a twin scroll internally gated turbo making somewhere over 300rwkWs on 98 & full noise around 3500 to 3700 rpm?

Here's an example of what the EVO boys use:

http://www.atpturbo....tegory_Code=NEW

The idea of running twin external gates etc.. too much money & space used up.

If that turbo was on decent boost before 5500rpm I would be supprised

Edited by SimonR32