SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I've converted last run into actual torque based on the traction effort listed on the reading.

the new SS1PU is also built, hopefully due in for a tune next week. The current agenda still lays on the design of the actuator and waste gate package, as I'm hopping it holding 20psi flat internally gated. Likely will need designing and making of a new CNC billet actuator some how allowing spring tension adjustments like few of the external wastegates in the market.

Since many recent results from Status were done on e85, I will likely be running the same fuel for the coming tests making the result comparable. Having said that, I will get some 98 runs done on same or different dates, depending on their time allocation.

I would like to see some results of the new ss2 on 98 running about 18-20psi when you get the chance stao.

Was the graph for the e85 run fully finished or was it starting to lean out so you left it quite safe up top?

Also, I thought you always said the ss2 was better as an external gate only turbo?

Edited by Mitcho_7

thought about it. Ordering couple hopefully this week. How ever back pressure between setup varies, So it would be ideal been able to adjust the spring load freely referring to each and every setups. I will put some thoughts into making it.

Ahhhh fark it, after some thought and Stao's advice I have sent my SS2 to be updated like the new one.

If they both make similar power and new wheel with .82 housing makes similar response to old wheel with .63 then will be good if it ever hits the track.

Looking forward to Stao's results on 98 later this week also

Ahhhh fark it, after some thought and Stao's advice I have sent my SS2 to be updated like the new one.

If they both make similar power and new wheel with .82 housing makes similar response to old wheel with .63 then will be good if it ever hits the track.

Looking forward to Stao's results on 98 later this week also

Are you going to run it on internal or external gate?

I'm keen to see if the 98 results for the ss2 show the same improvements over the g2.5 as it did on e85

I've got my ss2 0.82 and an external 44mm tial gate dummy fitted at the moment to get my ext gate pipe cut to correct angle and length etc. So will be install properly and running by next Saturday. And may I say its going to be a very neat setup

Stao, can I come in for the free upgrade of the compressor wheel before I use the Turbo? And will the lightness sacrifice strength at higher boost levels? And is the blade design changed or just thinner blades. Any other major changes?

Are you going to run it on internal or external gate?

I'm keen to see if the 98 results for the ss2 show the same improvements over the g2.5 as it did on e85

Internal gate. Ported stock manifold. Heaps of head work. Tomei springs and poncams

I'll be very interested to see what the common models can do on high mount externally gated setup.

Its going to make a differences compare to stock manifold on internal gate, you usually find a responsive externally gated turbo perform poorly running internally gated as the combination of the charger is different. For a internally gated turbo to keep on making power the EGT has to stay low, which the only way for it to happen is go larger in turbine housing or a more free flow turbine wheel, then compensate response with a lite weight, small but very efficient compressor.

I will be concentrating in up to 300rwkws pump 98 bolton turbos and probably up to 350rwkws external setups. I'm in the process of making a full bolton kit including manifold, gate, turbo and full 4 inch front pipe with Brea Autos. And will post of what we can come up with.

4inch pipes nice but the afm has to be relocated and what do u do with the 2X breather holes- BOV return and the oil vapour return pipe?

I actually mean 4inch front pipe as in from turbo to the cat, I will get a custom 4inch exhaust made up as well. So basically the full bolton kit including: Intake pipe, turbo, manifold, external gate, and full exhaust. I will see if I can make a heat shield that hides most of the stuff.

I actually mean 4inch front pipe as in from turbo to the cat, I will get a custom 4inch exhaust made up as well.

I re-read your last post and now understand what Ron was asking about. Ignore my jump to conclusion.

On another note I need to find a tuner for when my cars ready as Xspeed is shutting shop.

Results from the newer SS2 prototype on Pump 98 internally gated in bolt form. It made final of 302rwkws and did actually manage 200rwkws by 4000RPMs. Pretty sweet to drive on road. At this stage that every HP its getting is based on a trade off of some response. Probably only a tinny bit more room to play with. I will trail one more wheel on it in about a week time.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Looks good Stao. Any idea on where the pricing is going to start for the packages?

No plans for a manifold + int gated turbo package in the works with brea? I'd be interested if there is