SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

and to the person thinking of going z32 ecu nistune - i think change your ecu plans, FC or Link plugin. Nistune is great, and i highly recommend it... but for 33 owners, there are better options.

Theres always better options for anycar, but at what cost. There is no way to compete against the price of a Nistune.

U need to upgrade ur fuel system on most setups. So that cost is accounted for in both fuels. Plus using the gas analogy it is way better for saving money as the savings pay off the capital cost. And once that's done its pure savings

FC? that's cheap. How much is a Z32 Nistune setup? must be pretty close $ wise to a second hand FC?

They go for about $550 or so. Most places seem to do a drive in drive out install and tune package for $1100 which is about the cost of a second hand fc with a hand controller.

I reckon about 270kw, but I think bigger injectors would be a wise investment long term and to give you some safety. Im not sure if you're walbro is up to the task or not though to be honest. Just get a bigger one anyway so you dont have to worry about it and that way when you want a bigger turbo you wont need to update again!

Im not going to go the e85 route til theres more places in canberra that sell it...

Edited by Mitcho_7

You know there's a United with E85 at the top Old Bathurst Rd in East Blaxland now? That's only 6 or 7km out of Penrith

Surely the 'Riff will get one soon.

i didn't know this ... but this has me right on the verge of maybe doing it ... I'm up there 3 times a week for soccer anyway .... excitement!!!

i didn't know this ... but this has me right on the verge of maybe doing it ... I'm up there 3 times a week for soccer anyway .... excitement!!!

It changed hands about a month ago & has 100 octane Premium and E85. ;)

Thanks mate... it will look even better once its all finished..

Ive spent a fair bit on ceramic coating and anodizing.... about $1000 all up lol but its so addictive.

I think the turbo was about $200-$300 for the front and rear... I did the back black and the front gold, but there is a heap of different colors, the chrome stuff looks mad.

I got it also to control heat, apparently should reduce engine bay temps by up to 50% but I did it mainly to stop things melting if they got too close to the exhaust.

Wow this is interesting.

Anyone know anything else on this

Such as proven results in reducing heat sink and allowing for bigger power gains?

Pretty sure that's the basic theory behind ceramic coating? It keeps more heat in the exhaust, more heat = more energy. Obviously keeping the energy in the system is better than having it dissipate out into the engine bay.

keeping heat inside the exhaust housing is a good thing, and coating the comp housing would probably effect very little so its all good.

very nice looking setup :)