SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Have you done the SS1pu on e85 yet?

Would be really interested

Really not liking the idea of always having to run 20psi to get 250rwkw when these other turbos that people are strapping on are making simple 240 etc on lower boost such as 16-18psi

Pm me or post up here if you could

Cheers mate

;)

Aside from where it's sold, can you think of any reason why not to as a tuner?

It makes their job too easy, no challenge, as it's not on the verge of knock all the time. :)

Seriously, the only reason not to run it is the extra fuel it requires, larger fuel system, less k's to the tank. The positives outweigh the woeful economy tenfold. Clean engine, more torque/power, lower temps, cheaper, environmentally friendly, not having to line the pockets of thieving oil companies...

It makes their job too easy, no challenge, as it's not on the verge of knock all the time. :)

Shhhhhh. :D

Haha copycutter availablity is the only issue. Oh and supposedly it melts fuel rails and ruptures fuel lines etc etc according to people that dont like ethanol for some stoopid reasons

Shhhhhh. :D

Haha copycutter availablity is the only issue. Oh and supposedly it melts fuel rails and ruptures fuel lines etc etc according to people that dont like ethanol for some stoopid reasons

Hurry up Penrith E85 pumps!

Seriously, the only reason not to run it is the extra fuel it requires, larger fuel system, less k's to the tank. The positives outweigh the woeful economy tenfold. Clean engine, more torque/power, lower temps, cheaper, environmentally friendly, not having to line the pockets of thieving oil companies...

I might be wrong but how is running e85 cheaper?

its $1.18 vs $1.50 at the moment. and say it burns 30% more $1.18 is equivalent to $1.53 in petrol cost. so not cheaper now but the power gains is a benefit for virtually the same cost. but when 98 goes up which it will, you will save.

O_o. Plus a new fuel system. So I guess it's much like gas. Some people will do it thinking oh this is a great idea and the rest will just continue on with their lives. Although I was told that the only way my hypergear will be reliable is with e85 as it heat soaks really bad. In that perspective I can see why stao is listing the e85 figures. Let's get some more dyno sheets in here already. Any more testing done yet?

E85 won't be +30% if you do mainly highway of say 80km/hr+ kms... my GT-T got to +10-15% on 98 fuel economy with E85 and that was back when E85 was 97cents a litre... was much winning :D

and to the person thinking of going z32 ecu nistune - i think change your ecu plans, FC or Link plugin. Nistune is great, and i highly recommend it... but for 33 owners, there are better options.

Hurry up Penrith E85 pumps!

You know there's a United with E85 at the top Old Bathurst Rd in East Blaxland now? That's only 6 or 7km out of Penrith

Surely the 'Riff will get one soon.