SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Why poncams to run stock injectors and 10-12psi..doubt that will have any gains

more mid range not chasing big power, im want cams regardless and i like the idea of trying to get the most out of it on lower boost as its a daily.

I dont think that boost PSI will get any or more midrange that the std turbo does at that same PSI...

you need to read some more about modifications before making any more decisions...

Daily drivability? How often are you going to be above 4000rpm and how long are you staying there? If anything the cams will cost you low end power.

more mid range not chasing big power, im want cams regardless and i like the idea of trying to get the most out of it on lower boost as its a daily.

in saying that you dont actually need a new turbo then...

I dont think that boost PSI will get any or more midrange that the std turbo does at that same PSI...

you need to read some more about modifications before making any more decisions...

more mid range from cams. the tomei 256 pon cams have approx 15% more lift and 256 duration is a mild increase over stock 240.

reason for hi-flow is my stock one is on its way out.

running 10-12 psi on a highflow or any other upgrade from stock will not make use of the cams

cams on low psi wont see their potential imo.... plus it will be an extra $1000 spent on cams and install that could generate more midrange with other parts

Edited by 75coupe

reason for hi-flow is my stock one is on its way out.

How is your stock turbo on the way out?

They tend to work or toss the turbine wheel down the cat.

People are genuinely trying to help you. If you feel that you must upgrade then there is much more to be gained from the turbo than you can ever hope to get out of 256 deg poncams.

How is your stock turbo on the way out?

They tend to work or toss the turbine wheel down the cat.

People are genuinely trying to help you. If you feel that you must upgrade then there is much more to be gained from the turbo than you can ever hope to get out of 256 deg poncams.

whineing/rubbing sounds from turbo (and no its different from the spooling sound) so took off all the intake to get to the intake turbine didnt look too healthy and a fair bit of play side to side) front and back.

thanks a lot for your comments i know my ideas of modding are not orthadox. im just interested in getting the most out of it with low boost, knowing its not value for money or getting the most out of mods, but thats just what i like.

cheers

thanks a lot for your comments i know my ideas of modding are not orthadox. im just interested in getting the most out of it with low boost, knowing its not value for money or getting the most out of mods, but thats just what i like.

seanpenn.jpg

whineing/rubbing sounds from turbo (and no its different from the spooling sound) so took off all the intake to get to the intake turbine didnt look too healthy and a fair bit of play side to side) front and back.

cheers

Ahb u do realise just because you use 10-12psi on another turbo other than stock turbo spec that you cant get away with using a std ecu, turbos flow different amounts, its not dictated by boost psi...

Im all about the mid range and response, i chose the right turbo but i had no preconception about what boost i would end up using, i used the psi that gave the result.

Ill do cams one day but i wouldnt put it at the top of my list infact i dont thing anyone does, so goahead be different see what happens, dont ask us you already know apparantly

Edited by 75coupe

cheers

Are you only running lower boost for engine safety/so you won't blow your engine?

If so, wind in 18 psi and take it to a good tuner and it should be fine. Running more boost will give you a much fatter mid range (which you say you want) and utilize the poncams more as well, win win situation I say!

Edited by Mitcho_7

Ahb u do realise just because you use 10-12psi on another turbo other than stock turbo spec that you cant get away with using a std ecu, turbos flow different amounts, its not dictated by boost psi...

Im all about the mid range and response, i chose the right turbo but i had no preconception about what boost i would end up using, i used the psi that gave the result.

Ill do cams one day but i wouldnt put it at the top of my list infact i dont thing anyone does, so goahead be different see what happens, dont ask us you already know apparantly

yeah i plan on using getting a z32 ecu and going down the line of a nisune. i take it you cant just buy "a kit" to mod the ecu to suit r33

Edited by Pattey21

yeah i plan on using getting a z32 ecu and going down the line of a nisune. i take it you cant just buy "a kit" to mod the ecu to suit r33

Get in contact with nistune and see if they have any z32 ecu's laying around. There is a specific version of the z32 ecu that tends to work a bit better so ask them which one it is if they arent able to supply one. If they cant supply one then source the correct type one from somewhere and send it to nistune to solder in the nistune board (you pay them for the board and labor obviously). There may even be a few in the for sale section at the moment from memory. Then it's just plug n play.

If you're in Canberra the only place that does nistunes is Autotech out at Hume. When I asked them about the nistuned z32 ecu into an r33 gtst they didn't know a lot about it, so I went interstate.

Edited by Mitcho_7

Get in contact with nistune and see if they have any z32 ecu's laying around. There is a specific version of the z32 ecu that tends to work a bit better so ask them which one it is if they arent able to supply one. If they cant supply one then source the correct type one from somewhere and send it to nistune to solder in the nistune board (you pay them for the board and labor obviously). There may even be a few in the for sale section at the moment from memory. Then it's just plug n play.

If you're in Canberra the only place that does nistunes is Autotech out at Hume. When I asked them about the nistuned z32 ecu into an r33 gtst they didn't know a lot about it, so I went interstate.

yeah canberras pretty average

cheers

Really wish people would thoroughly research modifications before saying give me "two of the big ones". Or at least garner a basic understanding of their purpose...