SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It is often hard to start E85 in winter due to the lean mix of unleaded petrol. This is primarily why E70 exists and E-flex is supposed to have an enriched unleaded content during winter.

thats plain crap even E90 start first time every time when tuned right.... thats a lazy tuners excuse straight up.

It can take a few mornings to get right though. I ask my customers to let me know if its not right so we can get it right.

Yeah, lets showcase how good a turbo runs on ethanol when 95% of the customer base is running 98.

:no:

TBH 50-60% of our tuning is now on E85

That is mint. Perfect power curve. Must be crazy fast on road. How do you think this would compare against the original SS2 you made back in the days?

This is a larger all around turbo compare to the older SS2, how ever does not feel laggier, with a much stronger punch, how ever it could be the E70 that I'm using.

E85 is much cleaner fuel, about half of my customers are running / going to run on that fuel system, pump 98 is starting to be a thing of the past. Plus all major car firms are introducing E85 powered cars, so the fuel should soon be available to all states.

Compare to the G2.5 chart, the SS2 shifted the whole power band left by roughly 200RPMs, using 98 it should make just 300rwkws with 200rwkws by 4000RPMs. E70 doesn't appears to make turbos built based in the type B .82 housings any more responsively then pump 98 apart from the top. So what's likely to change is the power band after the turbo hitting full boost, then we can then apply the -40kws peak power rule to calculate the estimate power level of 98 based on E70 result.

The earth quake freaked me abit. I was with a customer whom's here collecting his rebuilt XR6 turbo. When striked, the whole factory walls vibrated for couple of secs. Funny that guy was like: "Arrhh, strong wind, shit weather."

This is a larger all around turbo compare to the older SS2, how ever does not feel laggier, with a much stronger punch, how ever it could be the E70 that I'm using.

E85 is much cleaner fuel, about half of my customers are running / going to run on that fuel system, pump 98 is starting to be a thing of the past. Plus all major car firms are introducing E85 powered cars, so the fuel should soon be available to all states.

Compare to the G2.5 chart, the SS2 shifted the whole power band left by roughly 200RPMs, using 98 it should make just 300rwkws with 200rwkws by 4000RPMs. E70 doesn't appears to make turbos built based in the type B .82 housings any more responsively then pump 98 apart from the top. So what's likely to change is the power band after the turbo hitting full boost, then we can then apply the -40kws peak power rule to calculate the estimate power level of 98 based on E70 result.

The earth quake freaked me abit. I was with a customer whom's here collecting his rebuilt XR6 turbo. When striked, the whole factory walls vibrated for couple of secs. Funny that guy was like: "Arrhh, strong wind, shit weather."

98 will never be a thing of the past, at least not in our lifetime. Oil companies make too much money to let something like E85 have more market share than a non ethanol blended fuel.

Hahahaha

Lolz were had

98 will never be a thing of the past, at least not in our lifetime. Oil companies make too much money to let something like E85 have more market share than a non ethanol blended fuel.

What choice will they have? If it's at the pump you will have control. It will only ever be seen as a performance fuel by a small percentage of turbo owners though.

hello im looking at getting my r33 s2 turbo high flowed.

i plan on running tomei 256 poncams, blitz se fmic, full split dump 3" running a nistune. im not interested in anymore than 10-12psi and for as close to stock response as possible. wanting to run stock injectors to. what would you recommend for my.application

cheers

patrick

thats plain crap even E90 start first time every time when tuned right.... thats a lazy tuners excuse straight up.

It can take a few mornings to get right though. I ask my customers to let me know if its not right so we can get it right.

It's not "plain crap", many people complain of cold start issues with E85. The fact you need to touch up the tune to improve starting says it's not plain crap. And the issues are the reason why lower ethanol content mixtures make their way to the pumps during colder climates.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=e85+%22winter%22&oq=e85+%22winter%22&aq=f&aqi=g1g-K3&aql=&gs_l=serp.12..0j0i30l3.3624.3624.3.4545.1.1.0.0.0.0.245.245.2-1.1.0...0.0.quBJoaG9VYk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1e6d9bcbc6bf58bd&biw=1280&bih=672

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ethanol_fuel_mixtures#E70.2C_E75

TBH 50-60% of our tuning is now on E85

Out of interest, what would the split of daily drivers vs garage trophies/weekend warriors be?

I cannot see E85 being relevant to daily, or almost daily drivers until it's available at 50% of sevos across the country.

It'll be a decade or more before 98 is a thing of the past. By then very expensive biofuel, diesel and electricity will be powering our vehicles.

E85 is nice and all, but I'd still imagine the vast majority of your customers would be interested in 98 results. Status might be doing 50% E85 but then he's become a bit of a "go to" tuner for E85 if what I can garner from this forum is anything to go by.

Edited by Cowboy1600

I cannot see E85 being relevant to daily, or almost daily drivers until it's available at 50% of sevos across the country.

Honestly out here in the SE suburbs E85 is all over the place now, you could do it easily if your keen and plan ahead a little.

That said I have only ever seen 1 other car at an E85 pump, it was a flex fuel commodore.

I have been running e85 nearly 3 years now in my daily, back then it was a 1hr round trip to Southland for the 99c ethanol. Now there are 6 servos within 15 minutes of me. Of course it will take off once the pumps are in but the pumps will only go in if there is a market for the fuel. Like I have said many times they will only expand e85 if you all get on board and start driving to the nearest Caltex/United e85 outlet.

This should all be in the e85 thread, I don't like whoring up Stao's Hypergear thread without results to post.

hello im looking at getting my r33 s2 turbo high flowed.

i plan on running tomei 256 poncams, blitz se fmic, full split dump 3" running a nistune. im not interested in anymore than 10-12psi and for as close to stock response as possible. wanting to run stock injectors to. what would you recommend for my.application

cheers

patrick

Save your money on cams. Don't get a split dump, get a 3" bellmouth. Pick one of the hi-flow results from page 1 or an SS1