SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Some updates:

I've finally managed to start the car, for some reason it was much harder to get the E85 started when the weather is cold. It is other wise in a worm day. unfortunately this years Melbourne winter is pretty cold.

It is often hard to start E85 in winter due to the lean mix of unleaded petrol. This is primarily why E70 exists and E-flex is supposed to have an enriched unleaded content during winter.

Some result from the new SS2, only had time to do a touch up on my E70 tune and my fuel pump is at its limit. I will need a bigger pump for the E70 to finish off the power run in couple of weeks time. For time been it made 345rwkws at 19psi bleeding down from 22psi. Likely there is another 15KWs gain using a high pressured actuator holding 20psi up top with more fuel. It is currently running the lever mode with a 14psi actuator.

For some reason the lighter material did not alter much in boost response on paper, how ever managed to produce heaps more mid range in comparison to the G2.5 that made similar power output. The difference is very noticeable on road, does not feel laggy at all.

The prediction on pump 98 would be around the 285~300rwkws mark as the capacity of the Type B .82 rear housing is up to the 300rwkws mark.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

There was only enough time for a touch up today. I will do 98 run when I get the fuel pump replaced.

Here are some video footages taken from today. Note the difference in sound between the light weight billet comp wheel to the traditional cast and 7075 billet wheel. It came in very early, how ever on paper it doesn't show much.

thats not a bad result, its quite nice.. however that is on E70............. please retune on 98 to make it a usable reslt

Agreed. Looks mint but e85 is too hard for me to get.

Thanks for the offer Stao but I won't be sending mine back for the update. Will just bolt it up as is.

Thanks again

thats not a bad result, its quite nice.. however that is on E70............. please retune on 98 to make it a usable reslt

looks perfectly usable to me , now stop your sooking :P

maybe he should re tune on 91 octane so it can be a good result for all the complete wankers out there lol.

should he run low boost aswell just incase ppl who buy one of these turbos dont want to run the boost he is testing on??

should he run low boost aswell just incase ppl who buy one of these turbos dont want to run the boost he is testing on??

Edit. I won't say it in here. That wouldn't be fair on him with his potential future customers.

Edited by lilcrash

looks perfectly usable to me , now stop your sooking :P

+1 ^^^

Where's the ethanol love? Usable result for who? Its Stao's car not yours Scott and he wants the powah. :P

It sounds like they all jelly Artz...

maybe he should re tune on 91 octane so it can be a good result for all the complete wankers out there lol.

Yeah, lets showcase how good a turbo runs on ethanol when 95% of the customer base is running 98.

:no:

Yeah, lets showcase how good a turbo runs on ethanol when 95% of the customer base is running 98.

:no:

I think you would be surprised, its not 95% mate, and there is a growing percentage switching over these days.

Stao is in Melbourne, half his customers down here are on ethanol or plan to run it. Just take 40kw off the graph if you need the 98 figures.

Ask Trent what percentage of his tunes are e85, I would guess at 30-40%. Get with the times... :)

I think you would be surprised, its not 95% mate, and there is a growing percentage switching over these days.

Stao is in Melbourne, half his customers down here are on ethanol or plan to run it. Just take 40kw off the graph if you need the 98 figures.

Ask Trent what percentage of his tunes are e85, I would guess at 30-40%. Get with the times... :)

All well and good to take off 40kw, but ethanol changes the whole curve. You would essentially be guessing at how the turbo would perform on 98, and I don't know about you but I wouldn't buy a turbo where I have to estimate how it's going to perform.

I think testing on ethanol is fine, and it is very interesting, but I still think Stao should get results on 98 as well, otherwise it makes diagnosing potential problems very difficult. I mean, we've seen how many people in this thread, including myself, have had substandard setups and not made the expected results. Stao has always been extremely helpful on this front, but what happens when customers start buying these turbos that have been tested on ethanol based on an estimation of how it will perform on 98 but then don't get the expected result? Is it a case of underestimating the effect that ethanol had, or are there other issues?

All well and good to take off 40kw, but ethanol changes the whole curve. You would essentially be guessing at how the turbo would perform on 98, and I don't know about you but I wouldn't buy a turbo where I have to estimate how it's going to perform.

I think testing on ethanol is fine, and it is very interesting, but I still think Stao should get results on 98 as well, otherwise it makes diagnosing potential problems very difficult. I mean, we've seen how many people in this thread, including myself, have had substandard setups and not made the expected results. Stao has always been extremely helpful on this front, but what happens when customers start buying these turbos that have been tested on ethanol based on an estimation of how it will perform on 98 but then don't get the expected result? Is it a case of underestimating the effect that ethanol had, or are there other issues?

No point sooking about it. I want e85 results. :P

Do GCG or MTQ do any testing and post it up for all to see? How is it Stao's obligation?

No point sooking about it. I want e85 results. :P

Do GCG or MTQ do any testing and post it up for all to see? How is it Stao's obligation?

Lol, not sooking, just discussing. It hardly matters to me, I've already got my turbo. That said, I did ditch my previous G2 based on the result of the G3 in here...

It's not. He isn't obligated to post any of his results, I'm not saying he is. I'm simply voicing my opinion as a previous Hypergear customer, it was the results in this thread that convinced me to buy one.

Its not his obligation, and i still applaud the mans work through and through, but that was my opinion.

VIC might be lucky (and full of fags :P) but NSW and WA are suffering without a reasonable ethanol supply at this stage.

Anyway lets not get into it. Believe me I WANT E85...... It would save me the rebuild im in the middle of right now.. But it aint happening quick enough to warrant letting my car sit around unused or half tuned for ages.