SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Man i feel for u guys.

I find it funny that the government is going to so much effort to introduce carbon tax and not doing anything about introducing more eco fuels. No e85 within about 800km of where I live

Let's all write stern worded letters to the local governments and caltex on a weekly basis to get this gross oversight fixed!

Probably be better to use the environmentally conscious approach rather than saying you want more power for your car though...

Edited by Mitcho_7

I find it funny that the government is going to so much effort to introduce carbon tax and not doing anything about introducing more eco fuels. No e85 within about 800km of where I live

That's because labor's "clean energy future" is not about the environment, but purely another way to generate revenue for the government. Meanwhile while the general population goes happily about their business paying through the nose for electricity under the misconception we're doing the right thing, but really doing nothing at all.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Let's all write stern worded letters to the local governments and caltex on a weekly basis to get this gross oversight fixed!

Probably be better to use the environmentally conscious approach rather than saying you want more power for your car though...

Maybe one of us should start an E-flex petition thread...

Maybe I will PM a mod about it... Seems like a good idea.

Maybe one of us should start an E-flex petition thread...

Maybe I will PM a mod about it... Seems like a good idea.

I think it's worthwhile. The thread will help gauge support.

But if we really wanna try and push for e85 to be more readily available nationwide, we will also need something well written and succinct to go to the state governments and fuel suppliers with lots of signatures etc showing support for it.

That's because labor's "clean energy future" is not about the environment, but purely another way to generate revenue for the government. Meanwhile while the general population goes happily about their business paying through the nose for electricity under the misconception we're doing the right thing, but really doing nothing at all.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

It's really got absolutely nothing to do with that. f**k I swear people just find it easier to blame the government for every single thing, rather than actually try to find out about things.

The sale of ethanol fuel in WA is regulated by the state government (a liberal party, just for you labour ney-sayers), as it is in all states in Australia. As of yet, the sale of ethanol fuel in WA is illegal under state regulation because of the Reid Vapour Pressure test which measures the volatility of fuels. We are the last state in Australia to still be using this method because hey... We're the nanny state. Our zimmer frame slows us down somewhat.

The opposition government has voiced it's support for ethanol and other biofuels to be introduced here, but the liberal government is dragging it's feet about it. While I agree the current government isn't doing enough to change the regulations and bring in biofuels, it isn't such a simple issue. The federal government can't just force a mandate on us because there are a number of legitimate concerns about the sustainability and environmental credibility of ethanol fuels. The last I had heard, it had been proposed that a biofuel plant using palm oil should be built in Geraldton. The problem being that palm oil comes from South East Asia where they clear forests and destroy the habitats of a lot of animals such as orangutans in order to produce the oil. There are also concerns about the distortionary impacts, ie. energy output vs input, fuel vs food, etc.

We also don't currently have the infrastructure here to produce biofuels from our own crops. A legal mandate would not be the best way to implement that industry, as the costs outweigh any benefits; we would see the introduction of 'last-generation' ethanol technologies to save on capitol costs and meet deadlines, which would in turn delay the commercialization of second-generation ethanol technologies that could have real benefits for the environment, the industry, and the economy. Rather the federal government has support schemes in place for biofuels to make it financially and economically viable to do, and I believe their intention is to increase those support schemes.

Oh i'm not blaming the government for everything merely pointing out that the carbon tax is just that, a tax.

Yeah this was pretty much my point. If they wanted to save the planet they could do better things then tax carbon

E85 would be a step in the right direction (I know its not going to solve many problems though)

The carbon tax makes it that little harder to sleep at night seen as I work in the coal mining industry to

Oh i'm not blaming the government for everything merely pointing out that the carbon tax is just that, a tax.

Actually it's not a tax at all, which demonstrates how little you know about it. It's a trading scheme with a fixed minimum price. Very, very different to a tax.

Yeah this was pretty much my point. If they wanted to save the planet they could do better things then tax carbon

E85 would be a step in the right direction (I know its not going to solve many problems though)

The carbon tax makes it that little harder to sleep at night seen as I work in the coal mining industry to

Like what, and who would pay for it and how?

The coal mining industry isn't going anywhere. Anyone who believes it is is a complete idiot.

Oh, and great work Stao, keep it up :action-smiley-069:

Like what, and who would pay for it and how?

The coal mining industry isn't going anywhere. Anyone who believes it is is a complete idiot.

Oh, and great work Stao, keep it up :action-smiley-069:

No its not going anywhere

But do you think my job is SAFER because of the tax?

Didnt say I was gonna lose sleep over it

And if you can honsetly say that the carbon tax is anything but a revenue raiser then go for it

But yes, back on topic now

Where's Tailor made to turn this into a real wasteland tread.... Think its time for a girls in business suits etc

Hahaha!

Stao would not be happy being transferred to the wasteland.

I'm sure the title would turn to hypergear with a dash of lesbian

To keep this thread on track I wonder if Hypergear and Scotty NM35 join forces to start making a bolt on package together that you can buy your turbo and custom made air intake piping etc so that u have everything you need straight up to get the car. After all if hypergear gets a few made up it should be able to reduce the price for customers.