SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

How does the wastegate open in that housing, is there enough clearance?

Its got 42mm of clearance inside the casing. thats far more then what the actuator can travel, won't case any issues.

gate.JPG

Bolted up my SS2 today. Didn't need to bend water lines. Nothing fouled. Oil drain fitted. Not sure if it was made to fit perfect or because it had a highflow previously it had already been modified.

Can't wait to kick it in the guts:)

Bolted up my SS2 today. Didn't need to bend water lines. Nothing fouled. Oil drain fitted. Not sure if it was made to fit perfect or because it had a highflow previously it had already been modified.

Can't wait to kick it in the guts:)

You lucky son of a....

I am so jealous of your simple install haha

Can't wait to see the power

The 350rwkws was made by a G2.5 in a type B rear housing on E85 internally gated. The G3 on type A internally gated housing made 358rwkws with 7 degrees regarded timing in fear of bending con-roads. It should be sitting around the 390rwkws mark with time added.

Now it is:

flangeold.jpg

With all broken studs removed of course.

2ndly before installation I found the actuator had been short lengthen to lower boost. Doing so leaves the wastegate unsealed causing massive amount of lag. And that is a lag caused by negligence. It must be held shut and loaded as photo shown on the right, do contact me for a lower psi actuator if lower boost is preferred for what ever reason, but don't unload the supplied actuator, it does not mean the same thing.

actuator.JPG

I will ask the customer tonight if he unwound the preload when he fitted it years ago.

So did u replace the entire rear housing? It looks like a different wastegate setup or is the picture mirrored

Hey Stao, what size banjo bolts do you use on your cores? I've just been looking through the HKS manual for my turbo and looks like mine are all M14 banjo bolts, hoping when I buy a turbo off you after my holidays I can simply unbolt mine and bolt yours on and just screw everything in

Will this be possible or will I just need to get an oil/water line kit off you?

that was the old housing been sand blasted, cleaned and reworked to Type B rear.

The picture must be mirrored then because the flapper arm is from a different angle and so is the t3 flange.

I asked him and he said he unloaded it as he asked for the 14psi actuator but got the 20. This car wasnt laggy for the setup he had.

The picture must be mirrored then because the flapper arm is from a different angle and so is the t3 flange.

I didnt notice that before, but yeh when you look at it everything is opposite haha

he asked for the 14psi actuator but got the 20.

This seems to happen to everyone...

Edited by Mitcho_7

Picked up my ATR43SS2 with .82 type B rear housing up off stao on monday XP Cant wait 2 get it installed on my 33 nd see how much power it makes..

I've fixed the photos. appears on the same way now. With the gate loaded and shut it should've pickedup another 200RPMs of response. Its been loaded now and hopefully there are some good tuners in NT.

Picked up my ATR43SS2 with .82 type B rear housing up off stao on monday XP Cant wait 2 get it installed on my 33 nd see how much power it makes..

Be good to see another result :) I'm hoping to lift my engine in mid next week. What actuator did you get?

There is a newer type of comp wheel been developed for the SS2 that weights about 25% less then the current SS2 billet wheel. (its virtually feels nothing on hand, less weight then the Plastic OEM comp wheel). I think Trent's is getting his dyno together next week and I'm testing that very soon. So I suggest to hold on to your SS2 units to have that comp wheel updated free of charge.

There is a newer type of comp wheel been developed for the SS2 that weights about 25% less then the current SS2 billet wheel. (its virtually feels nothing on hand, less weight then the Plastic OEM comp wheel). I think Trent's is getting his dyno together next week and I'm testing that very soon. So I suggest to hold on to your SS2 units to have that comp wheel updated free of charge.

You have my attention. Looking forward to checking it out. Which housing result will you be comparing it against?

you also have my attention, will you be testing it with a 0.63 rear housing or 0.82 housing? Im yet to put my SS2 in the car yet so i will wait to see if the gains are significant. But keen to get a Lighter comp wheel

Ive got the 14psi actuator on atm but stao is gunna bring down the 20psi 1 down when i get my car tuned just in case we need it

This is a high flow that I've done for a set of Toyota supra with the SS1.5 CHRA. Come out pretty good. photos:

comp1.jpg

comp2.JPG

rear2.jpg

By specifications those two should be enough to flow 500rwkw+. Will post results once the customer get his car tuned.

Also this are stainless steel 3inch metal induction pipe made by Abe for R32/R33/R34 high flowed turbochargers. RRP is $200, or $150 with any turbocharger services purchased. PM if any one's interested.

intakepipe.jpg

Also this are stainless steel 3inch metal induction pipe made by Abe for R32/R33/R34 high flowed turbochargers. RRP is $200, or $150 with any turbocharger services purchased. PM if any one's interested.

intakepipe.jpg

These intakes can come with both recirc ports?