SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

price was about $1000-1100 the one on his car atm it a IG version with no port for EXTERNAL WASTEGATE

but he is talking to brae atm about getting some prices and designs for a external wastegate version

my one cost $1150, I'm inquiring for a quantity of 10 at once to get the price down. Even with discount it is still too expansive for most people to accept.

Yeah I'm tossing up on whether to get a new manifold or not. I know it will help but its a bit of money for a decent one. The 6boost ones were my pick so far but open to other ideas :)

lol

Did you end up getting your Dyno fixed? I got a big chunk of Kia sportage here that I'm sending down for dyno tuning.

Have a loan controller coming over from NZ as we speak (so maybe 3 more days till we are back on the go).

New controller is still 3 weeks away.

Stao, is SS2 meant to have a spacer plate? Just saw your updated DIY fitting instructions and there is no mention of it but it's in the photo. Is it only for G3 or SS2 aswell? No mention on page 1 in the ads for the turbo

no need for spacer, The spacers on the test car was made for turbos with larger comp housings.

There are 2 more Billet SS2 prototypes that should out perform the current SS2 on certain areas, just waiting for Trent's dyno to be running and have them tested, of course you are welcome to send the old version back for the latest update assume the prototypes did out perform the current version.

no need for spacer, The spacers on the test car was made for turbos with larger comp housings.

I sat it on the manifold to see how it looks and noticed the compressor housing rests against the manifold heat shield so I was just a bit worried the outlet hose may get too hot. I can always slip a small spacer in next week or so before putting the engine back in

I'll have a better look tomorrow and get back to you. Cheers Stao

Most bigger turbo upgrades require cutting out the heat shield to allow for that slight bit of room

Most bigger turbo upgrades require cutting out the heat shield to allow for that slight bit of room

Yeah that's the other option. Prob wouldnt need to cut it up much either. Or heat wrap if it's too close