SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just drop the exhaust and see how you go.

Cats can restrict a lot!

No cat is good cat haha

It'll be a while before i go back to the dyno, i promised the missus that this was it as far as the car is concerned :domokun:

got to be the cat, spooling slow and short on power.

you also havent mentioned what afm?

Z32 afm,brand new.

I do have an old cat that i can try, that egt light has me intrigued now lol

Edited by kosmo90

Don't ever make that promise...

Who tuned it mate, if you don't mind me asking? It looks like you covered up their business name on the dyno sheet, so flick me a pm if you don't want to disclose it publicly.

Don't ever make that promise...

Who tuned it mate, if you don't mind me asking? It looks like you covered up their business name on the dyno sheet, so flick me a pm if you don't want to disclose it publicly.

Nah, i was just covering up the number plate really. It was Hyperdrive.

As far as i can tell, researching from old posts. There's only 2 tuners in Perth who will touch Nistune.

He was really good, answered a lot of questions etc. Really busy though.

It's the first time iv'e been to a dyno tune, i shat my pants. I never rev it that high lol.

As for the promise...... my next wife will be a skyline fan too. :closedeyes:

Edited by kosmo90

Ah fair enough. Yeh Andy is a top guy, very helpful. Has even been helping me over the last month despite my car being at Allstar.

I mean referring to your old posts in this thread, wasn't that the same work shop (Andy) whom initially tuned your car and straggling to make any thing above 200rwkws with a G2 turbo?

Edited by GeorgesR34

Yes. And I think I was much too quick to blame Andy for it. Let's not forget that I have always been using an ECU that had problems. Andy pointed out to me at the time that the ECU was unhappy, but I didn't understand what he was saying and dismissed it as him trying to sell me a new ECU.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Well I made 295rwhp on Hyperdrives roller dyno and then 330rwhp on Allstars hub dyno. So there wasn't a lot of difference, and how much of that could be attributed to the difference between dynos is anyone's guess. It should also be noted that I had semi-slicks as well, which would also have given me a lower figure on the roller dyno.

No results today, car didn't get on the dyno. Tuner said he is 'hoping' to get to it tomorrow. So maybe tomorrow, maybe Wednesday.

Edited by Hanaldo

Hey guys,

I got my car retuned today by a different tuner (Sean, Allstar Garage). The car made 350rwhp@19psi (Sean wasn't keen to put more into it on the stock motor), full boost by ~3500rpm (compared to previous 4000ish). This was done on a hub dyno though, so I'm not sure how much that will have affected the results. In terms of drive-ability on the street, it feels much faster. It definitely comes on hard and pushes me back in my seat all the way to redline. 1st and 2nd are unusable unless I ease onto the throttle, and 3rd spins a bit as well if I stamp it. That's on near-new 245/40/18 semi-slicks.

I kept a book mark on this page as it was a very good out come after very long and stressful trouble shooting. You did make more power then I did when using the same turbo, peek power is more or less of a minor criteria, how ever the difference in overall out come is very significant.

This test sets an alarmingly new understanding to my knowledge of tuner's obligations as I originally thought tuners were no differ to people whom fits tyres on my rims, the person does not alter the physical behavior of the tyres. Having said that I've always picked well known tuners in Melbourne working on my own cars, and never experienced a tuning related problem.

I've meet another customer like your self not long after, luckily he turned up from thousands of KMs away, to set an absolutely brilliant example of how much tuners ability can affect overall performance and reliability of a vehicle. I've booked mark this even from the index page: Page 182 I suggest any one who haven't seen have a read through it.

The G2 and SS1PU has similar HP rating, and makes similar peak power real life. As for Kosmo please go though the troubleshooting flow chart from my previous reply to have any thing not right fixed up to specifications, then make an arrangement to see AllStar or come to Melbourne to have it re-tuned.

Whens the e85 tune happening birds?

Clutch going in this week I think, then I need some Zeitronix bits to keep an eye on the E levels. Then I need FC Hako to switch tunes. Then as soon as Racepace can fit me in after that :)

Looking at kosmo's chart compared to mine, it hits 15psi about 500rpm later and power dies in the ass after that. Looks like massive restriction, but I don't think it's the exhaust, not past the dump pipe anyway. Seems more like the wastegate creeping open, an exhaust manifold leak, intake leak or low motor compression.

Looking at kosmo's chart compared to mine, it hits 15psi about 500rpm later and power dies in the ass after that. Looks like massive restriction, but I don't think it's the exhaust, not past the dump pipe anyway. Seems more like the wastegate creeping open, an exhaust manifold leak, intake leak or low motor compression.

I have to try the cat after the egt light came on.

Not sure on the wastegate, it's a 14psi one with the extended arm mod on the flapper thingy, but not sure how to test. Stao did pre-load it for me and i haven't touched it.

Wouldn't i hear an exhaust manifold leak though?

We did check for intake leaks, i was paranoid about it so i double clamped everywhere. Doesn't mean it's not leaking but......

I haven't thought about low compression but it won't be hard to check.

Thanks for the input

Edited by kosmo90

The G2 and SS1PU has similar HP rating, and makes similar peak power real life. As for Kosmo please go though the troubleshooting flow chart from my previous reply to have any thing not right fixed up to specifications, then make an arrangement to see AllStar or come to Melbourne to have it re-tuned.

Yep agreed, i'm going down the list seeing what i can do.

That is from the timing down low. Take it to a different tuner.

There only seems to be 2 tuners in Perth that will touch Nistune (Allstar isn't one of them),

i'll go through the troubleshooting first, see if that uncovers anything. Then go from there.

There only seems to be 2 tuners in Perth that will touch Nistune (Allstar isn't one of them),

i'll go through the troubleshooting first, see if that uncovers anything. Then go from there.

Allstar definitely do NIStune's man, they are my tuners. I would be surprised if any tuner in Perth actually refused to tune a NIStune, they have a very wide support base.

Damn are you serious??

When i was initially shopping around for Tuners about 4 months ago, i checked posts on here and emailed a few.

I'm positive Allstar said no because of the r32 ecu. I told him i had z32 ecu and he went on a rant about how they're a pain.

I've deleted the email, so can't check if it was them or not.

Although i did contact quite a few.

Thanks for letting me know, i didn't want to start a new thread about "who tunes Nistune in Perth" because we already have one.

Edited by kosmo90