SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It seems like people only get excited with it comes to high No. There are 3x different types of FNT rear housings developed for the G3 which produce better response based on trade off from the top end. How ever max of 290rwkws is where the stock exhaust manifold maxes out. So I will choice type B .82 as default from now on. The G2.5 was also trailed with the same rear housing.

Same G3 core.

Original .82 FNT rear housing:

power.jpg

boost.jpg

.82 Turbine housing .82 with alternative FNT arrangement:

power.jpg

boost.jpg

G3 rear housing 2. This is running a modified FNT .63 rear housing (I think its around .67 after the modifications):

atr43g3power.jpg

atr43g3boost.jpg

I can modify all G3's type .82 A housings to .82 B housings for better response for $30. I dealt it will affect much the top end of 280rwkws which is most of what people are getting out of those on 18psi of boost.

All bolton version G3 and PU high flows made recently are running on Type B rear housing.

Hanaldo its not just in the tune. It has alot to do with the driver.

Also a laggy turbo normally helps fuel economy as the tune can be ran at stoich in more of the driving around part of the map.

Yes, I ignored driving style because if someone wants to drive around on boost all the time, that doesn't mean their setup is getting bad economy. Obviously if you're in the power band then you're using the fuel.

I always try to measure my cars efficiency based on several different driving styles. I've tried boosting around, I've tried putting around, I've tried city driving vs hwy driving, etc. etc. And then I rate it's efficiency based on all of those styles, not just one :)

Which version of the .82 housing is the G2.5 you posted about on the previous page using? The "alternative" fnt arrangement/ type b (second lot of dyno graphs)?

Edited by Mitcho_7

Could the G2.5 Also support a billet wheel (as-well as the type B FNT rear housing)? if so how much extra, and will it produce quicker spool time to be worth the extra money?

I will call you during the week, I am going to come by the workshop on Saturday if you are open, as i want to order a turbo, and you have hit the nail on the head with the G2.5 for me.

Yes the G2.5 can run on SS1PU's billet comp wheel for a responsive outcome while maxing out around the 280rwkws mark.

Since the SS1PU's compressor can not max out type B .82 turbine housing I recommend either the original SS1PU or the G2.5 with the modified .63 (.67) rear for more dynamic power delivery. Billet wheels cost $200 additional on top.

I am after the 0.82 housing as i am doing heavy track work like drifting and circuit, and heat is a major problem I want to reduce. i will be running 44mm external gate, I would like to reach between 280-300 rwkw on 18psi with the best response for this power and thought G2.5 0.82 would be perfect externally gated. I would also like to know if i could have the Nissan dump pipe flange welded on for direct fitment but NO hole or actuator for internal gate (and how much extra this will be). As for the billet wheel it was just an idea.

The G2.5 in .82 should be fine.

The turbo is $950

The Nissan dump pattern adaptor for stock dump pipe cost $250

Oil line: $80

I can have the internal gate welded up, there is no additional charge.

Good result mate, now you won't need to upgrade to the SS1PU...yet...

Super responsive looking too, yours would make an awesome street car with that sort of response.

I noticed you haven't upped the boost for E85...did you try? I know Ethanol is good for timing, I thought it was good at keeping temperatures down too, allowing you to feed more boost (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Like Arthur said, I could be heading just shy of 300. Clutch going in this week...soon as that's done it's toon time.

I would be surprised if you didn't see 300.

S15 Injectors are reaching their head (duty) @ 14PSI. Putting more boost is just going to push the injectors over the edge.

I would have used 555's, but I couldn't find any up for sale. They were all sold very quick.

Response, well there is no lag basically. The E85 has made the throttle response for all intensive purposes, instant.

It's growing some real balls in the top end now.

This is the G3 we just pulled off the neo motor. Looking at the rear weld on adaptor it looks very restrictive. It has a big lip inside and as u can see by the soot marks the 3inch dump pipe ismuch bigger that the actual outlet

15ad08ca.jpg

Looks like you had fun getting it off, is that 3 snapped bolts still stuck in there?

How old is that version of the g3? I wonder if they are all like that?

Edited by Mitcho_7

I didnt take it off. Mate took it off his own car. Took him ages. It was funny watching him actually. I know he is gonna read this Hahaha.

Tao do ur own turbo's have this lip? Do u Think it will be a restriction?

Hes commented on it before, he uses the exact same product on his own car and doesnt have an issue.

I wonder if it can be bettered, I dunno really. Its an oddly shaped dump.

I would be surprised if you didn't see 300.

S15 Injectors are reaching their head (duty) @ 14PSI. Putting more boost is just going to push the injectors over the edge.

I would have used 555's, but I couldn't find any up for sale. They were all sold very quick.

Response, well there is no lag basically. The E85 has made the throttle response for all intensive purposes, instant.

It's growing some real balls in the top end now.

Fair call on the injectors. Good to hear, when I get tuned on E you'll have to come for a drive and see if the extra lag of the SS1PU is worth it.

Hes commented on it before, he uses the exact same product on his own car and doesnt have an issue.

I wonder if it can be bettered, I dunno really. Its an oddly shaped dump.

I guess the issue is caused by staying with the Nissan 6 bolt rear housing?

If would have to be a restriction to some degree and it'd be interesting to see results if it could somehow be fixed...

Edited by Mitcho_7

It is discharged air After the turbine housing coming out from the turbine wheel, not feeding air into the turbine wheel. it would only be a problem only if it is for reverse, discharged air will follow where ever pressure allowed to escape, and I've taken all areas I can remove suiting the stock dump pipe as you can see from the gasket print.

Below is a rough drawing of the adapter flange, clearance has been created on the far left in compensation to the far right. I've tested this dump flange vs 3.5 inch V-band flange and there is no difference (Nissan flange made 4kws more power. could be variance from day temp or dyno)

dumpflange.JPG

I'm also running the exact same dump flange on mine, the power is at expected level of where the comp is getting maxed out. I've had no problem.

How ever there is a timing difference between stock exhaust manifold and aftermarket exhaust manifold that I'm currently using on the G3. which is the reasons of a huge gain after installing an large external gate on top of the factory manifold.

You will find factory manifold does not match to the ports on the head. Abe2 has port matched and grinned the inner of his own stock exhaust manifold, it apparently made 20kws gain, hence the 358rwkws final result.

Also Jez, I have one of Tao's bored-out G3 rear flange adaptor plates to put on when I get my new dump pipe and change fuel to e85.

Just looking at the base design's lip half obscuring the outlet of the wg compared to the bored out one you can imagine the new one would be much better with a direct flow path into the dump pipe.

This is the G3 we just pulled off the neo motor. Looking at the rear weld on adaptor it looks very restrictive. It has a big lip inside and as u can see by the soot marks the 3inch dump pipe ismuch bigger that the actual outlet

15ad08ca.jpg

There's a lot of area's that need some TLC, could see a few hour's of die grinding in that haha. Also notice the oil on the exhaust wheel?

Edited by 51NNA