SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Me too. Although, unlike Hanaldo.....mine is actually running. Sorry.

An accurate observation :D

Mind you, 34GeeTeeTee and I probably have the most accurate power figures on here at the moment :P Check sig :glare:

Edited by Hanaldo

Congrats on the result. making my self wanting E85 for me SS2 now :woot: .

Harry and Georger34 is also on a Neo motor. Both of them are on a G3 high flow doing 280ish.

G3 high flow or ATR43 G3?? I can't keep up with all these high flows... :/

Edited by Hanaldo

Will have a G3 up for sale for anyone looking for a 2nd hand turbo. This is from the 280kw 18psi neo i tuned. He is going bigger. Nothing wrong with the turbo :)

Or you can just get him to run a high mount manifold with a 50mm gate. that will unlock another 50kws from it. It would also like the taste of some sweet E85 fuel and couple psi of extra boost. using E85, high mount and external gate. That turbo will be able to make 350rwkws+.

i was just after some dyno sheets to see what others are making, its hard to keep track of who has what in this thread. as said earlier stao has offered me an exchange and im trying to decide if its worth getting another tune and going bigger, my current thought is ive wasted alot of money to only make stock power. but in saying that if my fuel consumption gets any worse il need to buy a new car to drive to work.

so hanaldo, gtsboy and 34geeteetee, are you happy with your setups? whats your fuel consumption like? running rwd or awd?

Mine is recent transplant into R32 GTSt. 4.11 gearing also, but less weight than R34. Running std tune on Nistune board until it goes through Regency (soon), then will receive boost and a tune. No std boost solenoid installed, just wastegate, so only runs about 5 psi, peaking at 7 psi when really loaded up.

Mods include a good split dump and 3" exhaust and cat, FMIC, cold air and steel inlet. All adds up to mean there's little restriction in and out, so it will probably be making stock power or a bit more.

RB20DET before was making 170rwkW on same inlet and exhaust and 14 psi with Nistune (and 4.3 gears). Used 13-14 l/100km. Neo is using 11.5 - 12.5 l/100km in exactly the same horrible Adelaide traffic commute.

The Neo torque is dramatically better than the RB20. Can surf it around in 4th or 5th at low speeds that would have needed 2nd or 3rd to make forward progress before. Generally it is nicer to drive 2 gears up from where it was before.

i was just after some dyno sheets to see what others are making, its hard to keep track of who has what in this thread. as said earlier stao has offered me an exchange and im trying to decide if its worth getting another tune and going bigger, my current thought is ive wasted alot of money to only make stock power. but in saying that if my fuel consumption gets any worse il need to buy a new car to drive to work.

so hanaldo, gtsboy and 34geeteetee, are you happy with your setups? whats your fuel consumption like? running rwd or awd?

its a bit rough to say stock power when your making a solid near 240kw

How much fuel your car uses depends on how the car gets driven. Just go easy on the throttle for better millage, if you go heavy, car drinks more fuel. On high way cruise the car reads of O2 feedbacks, realistically it makes no difference in fuel consumption unless the tune is too rich. My car's using more fuel after all those mods becuase I can't help my self not thrashing it.

Your on the money georgesR34. Its all how u drive it. Mind you get the tuner to make it a tad leaner off boost and low loads. Essentially the bigger the Turbo the more often u will be off boost under daily driving duties. Hence using less fuel. I had a car tuned and got better than stock fuel economy stuffing around with AFR's etc. Out of a r32 rb25 with 260kwatw it achieved 500km per tank. I think 63L (correct me if I'm wrong).

Well I'll let you know once it has been set up properly. To be honest I wasn't 100% happy with the setup how it was before, it was a bit laggy and you could question the power figure based on the dyno it was tuned on. But having said that, I don't think it is fair to judge the turbo when I've got known issues with the ECU.

I've taken the time and spent the money to try to get my setup working 110% now, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it goes this time. Eventually :glare:

*EDIT* Forgot about fuel economy. That was probably the one thing I was very happy with. I was getting 550-600kms to a tank driving around town. 500 if I did a lot of highway driving. Didn't make much difference whether I boosted around a lot or just putted around, but then when I'm over the speed limit in most places at the top of second, I don't spend a lot of time on boost. On the track I was getting about 200kms to a tank :P

Edited by Hanaldo

Looks like I might talk to stao a bit more then.

I'm basing my car on its fuel consumption before and after the turbo replacement. And the power/speed I'm basing on a stretch of road that I regularly open my car up on. Currently its about 50-70 meters slower then before my turbo spat the rear wheel. But that could be bad fuel.

Looks like I might talk to stao a bit more then.

I'm basing my car on its fuel consumption before and after the turbo replacement. And the power/speed I'm basing on a stretch of road that I regularly open my car up on. Currently its about 50-70 meters slower then before my turbo spat the rear wheel. But that could be bad fuel.

Fuel consumption has absolutely nothing to do with the turbo though. If you're getting bad fuel economy or good fuel economy, it's all in the tune.

As for being a bit slower, that doesn't mean you're not making the power. I used to (when I had the stock turbo and the G2 turbo) be able to get to the top of third down this one road and just have time to get on the anchors and pull up before the corner. These days I'm only just onto full boost before I gotta pull up.

My testing starts at 100km/h so my car is deffinately on boost. Il try it again next week on the next tank of fuel and see how it goes. If stao and I can work something out it won't matter anyway.

Hanaldo its not just in the tune. It has alot to do with the driver.

Also a laggy turbo normally helps fuel economy as the tune can be ran at stoich in more of the driving around part of the map.

The mystro re-tuned the car.

21U High-flow. Now on S15 Injectors, Z32 and United E85. My old ass fuel pump from jland (tomei/nismo) is a little sick and needs a holiday, have a replacement on the way.

Green = BP98

Blue = United E85

Good result mate, now you won't need to upgrade to the SS1PU...yet...

Super responsive looking too, yours would make an awesome street car with that sort of response.

I noticed you haven't upped the boost for E85...did you try? I know Ethanol is good for timing, I thought it was good at keeping temperatures down too, allowing you to feed more boost (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Like Arthur said, I could be heading just shy of 300. Clutch going in this week...soon as that's done it's toon time.