SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Update some results from the ATR43G2.5 internally gated.

This little turbo has pretty much all the big features from the original G3, It is 30kws short, with 300RPMs better response. It makes just under 300rwkws @ 20psi on pump 98 and 350rwkws @ 20psi on E70.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

All runs are done internally gated using a soft 14psi actuator and EBC. The Lever mod works perfect on a .82 rear housing.

We've also trailed the Electric turbocharger, and surprisingly it made 2.1psi of boost, made a difference of 20HP and 44Mn of torque.

powers.jpg

Stao that E-turbo is only on your DET motor, it will probably work better on a REAL NA motor. You should ask a customer to test it. With that sort of flow it is possible that it wont need any tuning.

That G2.5 is also a nice looking unit. I would be happy with one of those :)

The G2.5 has stepped down compressor trim from 58 to 56 and stepped down compressor from .70 to .60. Still in a .82 rear housing. This turbo has pretty good down low torque with excellent top. Don't forget this turbo is still internally gated. run external would easily gain an extra 20kws.

Performance was consistently around 285rwkws at 18psi on pump 98, realistically there isn't much of a point engineering a bolton turbo that goes up to 330rwkws while 290rwkws is all stock exhaust manifold can pump out internally gated

(also did you know cyc No. 1 and 6 on the OEM manifold does not line up to the engine head? boggie Nissans trying to cut budget from recall, Abe managed better result port matched)

I run the Echarger on my little Sirion with 1L 3cyc engine and it blew cyc No. 2 as soon as it comes to full power in 3rd gear. 2.1PSI from a 6cyc 2.5L would be about 5psi on a 1L 3 cyc engine. I think they all needs to be dyno tuned and checked before hitting the road. The shaft speed is fully controllable with a speed controller.

How ever E85 is seriously fun. Based on a solid 98 performer, making power out of it is a walk in the park. I keen to see what the G3 can do on E85, might be reaching 380rwkws internally gated.

Update some results from the ATR43G2.5 internally gated.

This little turbo has pretty much all the big features from the original G3, It is 30kws short, with 300RPMs better response. It makes just under 300rwkws @ 20psi on pump 98 and 350rwkws @ 20psi on E70.

BAZINGA! You've pretty much just built me the turbo I was looking for :)

You've got me. What is one of these puppies worth inc postage to metro Melbourne?

My intention is this + WMI.

Also what sort of battery/charging system would one require for the e-charger?

The internally gated Rb25det bolton version $1330 inc GST and oil line, and external gated version is $1080 inc GST and oil line.

The current E turbo runs on 44V that makes around 40,000RPMs. I'm in the process of getting a higher KV ed motor and some larger comp wheels. I think the current prototype is plenty for a little 4 cyc engine.

This looks like a pretty good turbo, similar to SS2 on response and power I would say.. How does it drive Stao, would you say near SS1PU on low down response?

BAZINGA! You've pretty much just built me the turbo I was looking for :)

You've got me. What is one of these puppies worth inc postage to metro Melbourne?

My intention is this + WMI.

Also what sort of battery/charging system would one require for the e-charger?

Do it!!!

That graph looks the goods just on PULP, putting out close to 200rwkw at 4000rpm and the difference between e85 graph seems negligible down low.

WMI should put you up near the e85 power up top as well!

It looks like a good balance between response and top end with limited boost bleed problems.

Stao, is the boost graph the same for the 98 tune and e85 (full boost by 3900) because it seems you only posted the e85 graph?

Edited by Mitcho_7

The E85 and Pump 98 made no difference in response. was getting the exact same response on both fuel, or maybe Trent didn't have enough time to modify sittings down low as we've tuned 98 prior E85, it was about 1AM yesterday when we've finished. There is still abit of work left in the ECU.

On road its mental to drive. it would wheel spin hard (not a the little wheel spin that makes a sound) at 3rd gear (so's every other gears except 4th). Its pretty dangerous to drag off the lights as I can't get the car running straight. I've only full throttled it once in 4th full throttle, didn't span out but its the feeling that I would not take my eye off the road even for a blink.

Its pretty responsive for the power range for every day with very solid power band.

Haha sounds like a ripper of a turbo - with aggressive power delivery and good top end- this could be one of your best turbos Stao :)

So your gonna buy one?