SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I agree Stao, the wastegate puck needs more tension however you can get it.

Are you tuning again mate? Would it be ok if I come down and say hi? Trent is just around the corner from me. :)

Or Mitch and I can go to the dyno day in June here in Canberra $50

Who could be bothered spending another $50 to put the cars on the same dyno when Jez has essentially done that by overlaying the graphs... I think with a bit of timing pulled for safety it was only doing about 237rwkw or so on back to back hot runs.

Kasko, perhaps get one of stao's wastegate mods and see if it will hold 20 psi all the way? Then i daresay you graph will be more impressive.

I had one of the wastegate mods on originally and it held a solid 21psi from memory, but i didnt want that much boost so it got taken off. Dunno what happened to it though otherwise i would give it to you...

Edited by Mitcho_7

I dont doubt that it will make a little more power using the 20psi.

But it will still be limited by the det we saw at 250kw wouldnt it?

If the SS was running 18psi like joshes I think the graphs would pretty much match.

Once my clutch is fixed josh you can come around and take it for a brap see what you think.

Which clutch did y get?..

I've stalled the button only once, taking of in first can be a little tricky, don't pay attention it give it enough revs and its bunny hop time..so I just take off chirpies the whole time..like a boss

On the positive side, I've made a miniature version of the G3, you can call it G2.5. Its smaller, with better response, and made to produce a top of 300rwkws. Testing that on Friday.

Oooh, me rikee the sound of that!

I cannot decide which way to go. I want ~300rwkw max so a turbo capable of 330ish is simply going to induce lag at my target and the smaller turbos have to be leaned on very hard to not quite make it so a 2.5 could be just the ticket!

Thats a good price Kasko, you did well.

LOL @ Dave, fail launch like a boss.

The guy seemed to know his stuff so fingers crossed it holds

On the topic of stalling.

When I first picked up the 33 it was my first manual car and first time driving a manual lol

Ended up getting stuck at a traffic lights so long the light turned from red to green to red

After a 5km drive I was sweating like a pig

LOL a lot of people have been there and done that, DW about it.

Nobody would teach me manual when I was first getting my license. I ended up taking out my brothers brand new impreza and thrashing it in order to get my bearings. Have been fine ever since, or so I tell myself.

I paid for driving lessons lol, no one I knew had manual cars or wanted me to drive them. I'd driven manual once before and it was complete fail, got the car moving maybe once. First professional manual driving lesson...the guy had me driving the thing like a pro after 10 minutes!

Oooh, me rikee the sound of that!

I cannot decide which way to go. I want ~300rwkw max so a turbo capable of 330ish is simply going to induce lag at my target and the smaller turbos have to be leaned on very hard to not quite make it so a 2.5 could be just the ticket!

SS1PU with E-flex? That's about as responsive as you could get 300rwkw IMO. May not be your cup of tea running on sugar (cwatididthar?).

SS1PU with E-flex? That's about as responsive as you could get 300rwkw IMO. May not be your cup of tea running on sugar (cwatididthar?).

E-Flex is too hard to come by. If the Eltham United ever started stocking it, I'd give it a bang for sure. Until then I'm not keen on a 70k round trip in traffic just to get fuel and I've got nowhere at home to store any in bulk.

So in the mean time I want to get ~300rwkw with as much poke as possible. At the moment it's a G3 or 3037 from what I can gather. If I can get a G3 which sacrifices a bit of top end for earlier boost and more through the middle, gimme!

The mystro re-tuned the car.

21U High-flow. Now on S15 Injectors, Z32 and United E85. My old ass fuel pump from jland (tomei/nismo) is a little sick and needs a holiday, have a replacement on the way.

Green = BP98

Blue = United E85

eb79c722.jpg

15561d89.jpg

wow... Thats real nice John, only 14psi too..your gunna love it when you get back to the track..

Ya know 2 yrs ago I was going to build my car just as you have there and looking at that I kinda wish I had.. :laugh:

If you get 27kws birds should get at least 30 too ...which means hes gunna be nudging 300 on stock housings :woot:

I thought you needed to run stock injectors in your race class, or have you moved up the ranks..?

Moved up.

The S15 Injectors don't have much head left in them anyway. They were cheap and getting hold of 555/740cc atm is hard. As all you pricks and buying them quick.