SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

A high pressure air reservoir could be used in just that way. Would need to work out a way not to have to squirt it into the exhaust housing (ie, some other sort of additional turbine on the same shaft would be good - or, left field thinking, squirt it tangentially onto the compressor wheel and hope it spins it up without interfering with the flow off the tips of the comp wheel). In fact, it has been done before in one way or another.

But, it takes a lot of flow to drive a turbo up to speed for any length of time, so a tank that can fit into a car won't last very long, and probably won't provide enough benefit to cover its own weight anyway.

Why not extend the turbo intake out into a 4" or 5" funnel and have a 4or5" fan instead of the small one Stao tested, that way it will drive more air and once condensed into the smaller compressor opening it would have more pressure/density wouldnt it...

Why not connect a complicated belt and pulley system to some bicycle pedals in the passenger footwell so you passenger can pre-spool the turbo for you = on boost from idle.

or what about using a small model aeroplane motor fuelled on alcohol mounted in the turbo snout...

I love to see a super responsive 300rwkw turbo system...eliminate the lag

I was actually thinking a hi amp started motor that drives a cog attached to the turbine shaft.

This would just give a quick zap everytime you applied heavy acceleration when the turbo is off boost.

But now I think birds idea is much better :laugh:

Though maybe instead of pedals we could just have a hamster wheel with some well built guinea cops on roids

This Eturbo was originally thought to be a bolton "turbo" upgrade that can produce about 5psi of boost on a 2L or smaller NA car. In practice it is rather difficult, but developments are still been made.

Realistically the E turbo on a compound will unlikely to work unless it is a low boost application as the motor speed can not go beyond 40,000RPMs so's the bearing that is securing the shaft.

I'm still waiting to trail the new G3 version in both in and external gate on the 11th.

Nissan March Super Turbo

The Lancia Delta's

there are a few others but cant think of them right now

HKS did a kit for the 4agze aswell,

re: the air compressor..a crazy ex mate yrs ago tried it on his GTR, he had a tyre inflater air compressor, connected up to eleventy billion 2 litre coke bottles in the boot of his car, hooked up to a solenoid ..adelaide people may have seen it..lol...i don't think it worked, but man was it funny and loud..haha

cheers

darren

Ok got a new tune and it makes 280hp, boost still falling over.

If that is the case, you can send the turbo back and swap for some thing bigger, I won't charge you for the upgrade.

I run then for about 15mints and they are 85% depleted. If you run them off 2x 24V car batteries they should last for couple of hours in theory.