SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Those wastegate studs you are inserting will reduce the area of the wastegate making boost creep uptop same as if you've got an wastegate that is too small. Except the extend of creep is fully controllable. Insert a stud at once. Method is debatably but I've used it quite often at trents and it appears to be working well.

Also an update. This is the very first billet SS1PU core that we high flowed into a M35 Stega's OEM turbo for a Scotty's customers. The car made 300rwkws on the auto with E85 at about 20psi of boost. I'll still need to take acount in modifying the OEM wastegate assebly on those for better boost control using this core. Will upload dynosheet later.

hey there im the one u did the turbo for, car is just on caltex eflex not e85 so there is abit of room for improvement but i wont be taking that path scottys going down that path :P mine was actualy done in 4wd not rwd as i didnt have the shaft out as im a lazy bastard im very happy with how it came out its not laggy at all and ive been driving it heaps done 400kms already and it drives very much like a standard car cruises well etc but with the boot into it its just insane very happy with the result of it, i got a little vid of it as it was ramping up on the dyno it got to bout 306-307kw from what i can see but it averaged out to the above dyno graph which im more than happy with as i dont want to blow the driveline thats why i didnt want more boost into it. but none the less im extremely happy thanks again to sao and scott for all their help

Edited by sky^rkt

Further update on the SS1PU Prototype:

This is latest design using FNT .G3 turbine housing and I've trailed it with a SS1PU core. The aim is for better consistency as larger turbine housing don't creep as much heat.

After tailing handful of different FNT nozzles arrangements, this one generated the best result. It has slightly more down low, same power but much heavier punch. I'll be using this on the G3 core next, and hopping to see 300rwkws on pump with much better response.

This is also the first result based on my new Adaptronic plugin ECU, as I've removed the Nistune with Z32 AFM. Big thank to Trent contribution extra time getting every thing running 100%

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Will be retuning elusivitys car tonight with the mods Tao has recommended to help hold the boost up high RPM. Let u guys know tonight

What else did recommend besides the wastegate extension?

Interested to see if it can help hold boost up top!

What else did recommend besides the wastegate extension?

Interested to see if it can help hold boost up top!

Actually rather than the wastegate extention he recommended 2x M8 @ 50mm allen key head bolts to replace the grab screws in the rear housing, he reckons the theory is the same, more clamping force on the actuator, should keep the wastegate closed later and help hold it up at the top. For $1 each, it'll be an awesome upgrade if it works!

Im fairly sure the grub screw reduces the effective waste gate size by blocking some of its flow path

Stao should jump in right about now lol

My fully sick JJR strut brace doesn't fit back on with my PU highflow (even when i bent the shit out of it) because all of the I/C piping sits about an inch higher than stock...

Anyone know of an R33 strut bar that has more clearance?

Cool story, right bro?

My fully sick JJR strut brace doesn't fit back on with my PU highflow (even when i bent the shit out of it) because all of the I/C piping sits about an inch higher than stock...

Anyone know of an R33 strut bar that has more clearance?

Cool story, right bro?

I think you've done something wrong...

Some updates regarding to the Electric turbo. lol.

Now running duel roller bearing with 44V 6KW motor spooling up to 48000RPMs. Its makes very strong thrust. If i'm holding it on a skate board I'm pretty sure it will push me forward. Should've thought of making it into a back pack for a bicycle.

Since its working I'll be testing it on E85 in about 2 weeks time.

font1.jpg

front2.jpg

I think you've done something wrong...

Well, thank you for the productive feedback. I think (and am happy to be corrected) that the turbine housing on this turbo is a different size/shape than the standard one. It seems to me that this difference in size/shape has caused the compressor housing to sit higher than the standard one. Thus, the outlet elbow and crossover pipe also sit a little higher.

But you're right, I've probably just assembled the whole thing upside down...

Custom piping would have been easier, or rotating the housing if possible to help fit the stock pipes? I don't think bending the strut brace will help much. lol.

Yeah, i was going to clock the housing however the actuator mounting prevents me from moving the housing around the amount I need. The bend in the strut brace almost worked, but it became too short to line up with the strut-top mounting holes! ;-)

So I guess the question is whether it can sustain a positive manifold pressure and, if so, whether it drains more engine power than it gives.

Well, thank you for the productive feedback. I think (and am happy to be corrected) that the turbine housing on this turbo is a different size/shape than the standard one. It seems to me that this difference in size/shape has caused the compressor housing to sit higher than the standard one. Thus, the outlet elbow and crossover pipe also sit a little higher.

But you're right, I've probably just assembled the whole thing upside down...

No need for the sarcasm mate. I'm using a much larger turbo than you and my strut brace fit fine. You are also the first person I have seen complain of this problem, ergo you've done something differently to everyone else. Unless Stao has positioned the housings wrong.

What elbow are you using from the compressor outlet, silicon? Can you upload a picture to show what exactly the problem is, maybe I'm picturing it wrong?