SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just to clear things up i will run one of toshi's highflow r33s on the dyno for free. If it is possible it would be awesome.

Tao we will be trying the new nozzles(bolts) on elusivity's ss2 next thursday. Are there any tricks to this ?

Those wastegate studs you are inserting will reduce the area of the wastegate making boost creep uptop same as if you've got an wastegate that is too small. Except the extend of creep is fully controllable. Insert a stud at once. Method is debatably but I've used it quite often at trents and it appears to be working well.

Also an update. This is the very first billet SS1PU core that we high flowed into a M35 Stega's OEM turbo for a Scotty's customers. The car made 300rwkws on the auto with E85 at about 20psi of boost. I'll still need to take acount in modifying the OEM wastegate assebly on those for better boost control using this core. Will upload dynosheet later.

At least you now know how good it'll be!

Or you can spice it up and go water/meth injection instead...

True...I wondered if the potential for 300rwlw is there, off my restrictive setup. I can see me needing a metal intake at a minimum. Ethanol all the way baby...

Damn...someone beat me to an ethanol fueled SS1PU :(

Beat you to it Birds. :P

True...I wondered if the potential for 300rwlw is there, off my restrictive setup. I can see me needing a metal intake at a minimum. Ethanol all the way baby...

Drop in, I can make an 80mm intake for you tomorrow if you like. Yours should be an interesting ride on ethanol, they have pretty good response don't they mate. :)

Beat you to it Birds. :P

Drop in, I can make an 80mm intake for you tomorrow if you like. Yours should be an interesting ride on ethanol, they have pretty good response don't they mate. :)

I'll definitely be visiting you for one, but I want it mated to the standard airbox, which I still need to acquire first. Plus I have to install my clutch :/

Here's the copy from Scotty's customer. This turbo was made as a bolton high flow using stock housings. The actual SS1PU run a .60 comp and .84 rear which is bigger in A/R compare to OEM M35 housings so the end result could be better. How ever VQ25 is a totally different class of engine plus the Auto trans they are not the same to our Manual RB25dets.

m35298rwkws.jpg

I'm also in the process of adapting that TD06SL2 billet 20G, how ever I'm a repeat offender to EPA and has been fined a large sum of money in the past for not obeying EPA modification guides. Knowing the next fine would be extremely high, this is a major concern.

There is ambiguous statement listed in EPA's guide such as: External gates are not allowed, and all exhausted gas must filter through a catalytically converter. So by word "external" stands for bleeding into environment without filter through the cat, then plumbed back would be considered as "internal" gate? Or if I add a 2inches muffler plus a small cat into the screamer pipe would also make that Internal and street legal?

comments from any one's been dealt with those matters with EPA earlier would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tao sorry to hear. The issue with trying to run a cat in the creamer pipe is they need to be a certain temperature to operate which means unless u are flogging around on a race track i doubt they will be hot enough

I'll definitely be visiting you for one, but I want it mated to the standard airbox, which I still need to acquire first.

Scotty made me a metal intake and it fitted perfectly with the stock airbox on my 33, but I'm running a pod with a box around it now.

Its pretty disgusting to find out you have been getting fined by the EPA Stao.

As a manufacturer you are able to produce any item without risk of being pinged by the EPA, you just need to pre-warn your customers that the external gate is not road legal and should be used for road use only. What happens though is cry baby customers get done by the EPA and cry that they bought the turbo like that from you.

That's weak and low. Man up to your choices people.

I was epaed long time ago on my sil180 the last time was due to a high mount manifold so I could change turbo easy on it. That came with a pretty heavy fin. The skyline with the stock manifold and internal gated turbo has not been epaed, it has been defected how wver it was for none secured power steering bottle. In this case might have to drive the car to Trent with no waste gate.

I'm also in the process of adapting that TD06SL2 billet 20G, how ever I'm a repeat offender to EPA and has been fined a large sum of money in the past for not obeying EPA modification guides. Knowing the next fine would be extremely high, this is a major concern.

There is ambiguous statement listed in EPA's guide such as: External gates are not allowed, and all exhausted gas must filter through a catalytically converter. So by word "external" stands for bleeding into environment without filter through the cat, then plumbed back would be considered as "internal" gate? Or if I add a 2inches muffler plus a small cat into the screamer pipe would also make that Internal and street legal?

comments from any one's been dealt with those matters with EPA earlier would be appreciated. Thanks.

lol welcome to my world mate! Now you know why I insist on running a restrictive, yet EPA friendly setup :)

External gate will refer to any wastegate external to the turbo, not how the gases are bled out. I don't think you'd get away with that loophole, but even if you did, the turbo being aftermarket will surely earn you a defect.

Its pretty disgusting to find out you have been getting fined by the EPA Stao.

As a manufacturer you are able to produce any item without risk of being pinged by the EPA, you just need to pre-warn your customers that the external gate is not road legal and should be used for road use only. What happens though is cry baby customers get done by the EPA and cry that they bought the turbo like that from you.

That's weak and low. Man up to your choices people.

I don't think he's getting fines for manufacturing the items, I haven't heard of that happening before. He's getting fines for his own vehicle.

I don't think he's getting fines for manufacturing the items, I haven't heard of that happening before. He's getting fines for his own vehicle.

Ah ok, if its his own vehicle thats fine.

I have known mechanics to get slammed as bad as losing their blueslip license after people complain their mech did the work and didnt inform them of the legalities. I just hope that sort of thing doesnt happen here, we all know the consequences of running that sort of car on the road. Its the individuals choice/risk.