SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Sounds like a high number for stock injectors and afm.

I wouldnt trust a number like that

Magic. Trust in magic!

Never the less, injectors, AFM, ecu. Should see 240-250rwkw on 14-16PSI on a 21U.

I call high dyno reading @ 260rwkw on standard fuel system without a high pressure regulator or something...it'd be absolute knife edge. Back in the day it was always ~230rwkw max for the standard gear, what's changed?

I call high dyno reading @ 260rwkw on standard fuel system without a high pressure regulator or something...it'd be absolute knife edge. Back in the day it was always ~230rwkw max for the standard gear, what's changed?

nothing

just one guy claiming he can do more

Hello, ive got a r33 s2 and wondering what is your best hi-flow turbo for response, only looking to make 220-250rwkw, stock internals with associated mods. Its a daily and would be looking to run between 10-14psi max.

cheers

Agree with Tao, standard high flow would be best for that power, though I think you should consider going the extra step and getting a hybrid SS1PU...it won't be any laggier than the high flow and will give you some extra head room down the track should you want to run more boost. My R33 is a daily and the SS1PU is great in that role.

Toshi mentioned some thing to spool turbo without fuel to increase power. I don't deny or fully understand his concept but the results are extremely tempting. I guys it would be good of toshi can enter some input.

Toshi mentioned some thing to spool turbo without fuel to increase power. I don't deny or fully understand his concept but the results are extremely tempting. I guys it would be good of toshi can enter some input.

I dont fully understand anything Toshi says, anything he says appears in text boxes and my eyes get an error saying 'language not installed'.

FWIW though, I trully believe theres more to tuning then adding timing and pulling fuel. I know his theory is that the stock injectors are sensitive to pressure, getting choppy above 15psi, so i would say increasing rail pressure is also a shitty idea if hes right. The combo of stock FPR and stock injectors run at 15psi seem to be Toshi's 'sweet spot' for tuning.

Forgive me for thinking aloud here, but injector spray pattern would have a lot to do with the burn and in turn would change how effective the burn is. By 'rule of thumb' 370cc is 370hp on an RB25 = 277kw. With some deduction the ability to hit 260kw on a 'happier' dyno is definitely there.

Or we could just keep screwing boost into things coz thats all that makes power. T25 on 40psi runs 10s (till destruction).

shiftereng.jpg

SHIFTERdyno.gif

HEAVILY MODIFIED 300ZX

ENGINE BUILT BY UAS

• Custom GT28RS turbo's.
  • Extrude honed exhaust housings.
  • Plenum and 55mm throttle bodies.
  • Custom UAS Cams
  • Adjustable cam gears.
  • Porting.
  • ACL pistons
  • Custom top fuel rail.
  • Nismo 555cc.
  • UAS Twin pass radiator.
  • UAS FMIC.
  • Microtech Computer.
    This is a car i looked at buying for some time but the price was just too high. It was at UAS a fair bit.

I dont fully understand anything Toshi says, anything he says appears in text boxes and my eyes get an error saying 'language not installed'.

FWIW though, I trully believe theres more to tuning then adding timing and pulling fuel. I know his theory is that the stock injectors are sensitive to pressure, getting choppy above 15psi, so i would say increasing rail pressure is also a shitty idea if hes right. The combo of stock FPR and stock injectors run at 15psi seem to be Toshi's 'sweet spot' for tuning.

Forgive me for thinking aloud here, but injector spray pattern would have a lot to do with the burn and in turn would change how effective the burn is. By 'rule of thumb' 370cc is 370hp on an RB25 = 277kw. With some deduction the ability to hit 260kw on a 'happier' dyno is definitely there.

Or we could just keep screwing boost into things coz thats all that makes power. T25 on 40psi runs 10s (till destruction).

Its not happy dyno.

I tuned S15 on same dyno (MX5 mania dyno) and I made 198kw.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=497151&hl=toshi&st=0

He went to unigrup dyno day and he made 207kw on unigrup dyno.

You can ask him over PM.

shiftereng.jpg

SHIFTERdyno.gif

HEAVILY MODIFIED 300ZX

ENGINE BUILT BY UAS

• Custom GT28RS turbo's.
  • Extrude honed exhaust housings.
  • Plenum and 55mm throttle bodies.
  • Custom UAS Cams
  • Adjustable cam gears.
  • Porting.
  • ACL pistons
  • Custom top fuel rail.
  • Nismo 555cc.
  • UAS Twin pass radiator.
  • UAS FMIC.
  • Microtech Computer.
    This is a car i looked at buying for some time but the price was just too high. It was at UAS a fair bit.

ED"*"*

Ok I stand corrected, now show me one RB.... :glare:

Its not happy dyno.

I tuned S15 on same dyno (MX5 mania dyno) and I made 198kw.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=497151&hl=toshi&st=0

He went to unigrup dyno day and he made 207kw on unigrup dyno.

You can ask him over PM.

Toshi it will he good if you can explain the method (doesn't have to he in great detail) about how you can make 260rwkws on a stocky high flow and factory injectors and why most other tuners are straggling to pass 230rwkws.

Just to clear things up i will run one of toshi's highflow r33s on the dyno for free. If it is possible it would be awesome.

Tao we will be trying the new nozzles(bolts) on elusivity's ss2 next thursday. Are there any tricks to this ?