SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The autos are pretty awesome, we had one come in that was only making 280kw but it was frying the tyres on the rollas! lol

Edited by 51NNA

Stao, sign me up, do you need a PM with details again? Or you can deliver to Jez, as I'll be asking him to fit and retune, hopefully able to pick up another 20kw and hit my 280rwkw goal? :D :D :D

Stao I will grab one of these too please. Might as well do it now before fitting the engine to the car and finding out the hard way

And the cruise home from Jez's was awesome, I'm hell stoked about how the turbo feels. Stao is right, except for a little bit at the bottom end it feels just like a small block v8, just put your foot down anywhere and it pretty much just takes off!

Also a testament to how well Jez tunes, even with shitty stop start north shore traffic I managed to average 18.2L/100km, which is half of my old average doing that trip!

Jez, I'll keep you posted on how it goes for economy, but I've definitely already noticed the difference!

Finished up at this.

Tao this is with an eboost 2 trying its hardest to keep the boost up. What are these new actuator arms u have. Have u tested them?

7d3697a8.jpg

Gee, hold an extra ~3psi boost all the way to redline and that thing will be even pokier! 260 at the top is a bloody nice figure, especially for an auto.

Autos are great for responsiveness, but they lack the all important fun pedal :)

Today we've did couple of runs on a smaller and more dynamic version of the SS1PU. How ever responsiveness gained is based on the lose of top end power, So it will remain as a prototype for the time been. The more responsive runs are from today.

power.jpg

The "dynamic" SS1PU seems a little "why bother?" Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it's brought the boost on 400rpm earlier but lost >30kw off the top? I know which I'd rather :)

Well just got the phone call from my tuner...

Ecu is corrupt. Absolutely no idea what happened, tuner says it looks like it has arced out somehow. But I had the battery out the entire time and didn't touch any wiring except for the injector plugs.

Anyway, means my results will be delayed. Also means I need to find a replacement ecu, so it's not going to have the new Stag image which means I'm going to get all the DTC's again and no VCT. Why the f**k am I into cars again??

ive got a manual s2 c34 stagea ecu here if that helps.

Bit far away unfortunately, but if we can't find one local I'll keep that in mind mate, cheers.

Sorry to hear man. Welcome to the life of cars

Yehhh :( makes me a bit glad I don't have a VIPEC or a link or something like that. Imagine if one of those expensive ECU's just gave up on you :/

Sale the nistune with z32 arm and get the adaptronic. I'm doing the same.

Tuner doesn't like Adaptronic. It would be a Link or a VIPEC if anything, but this has nothing to do with NIStune. I imagine that whatever has arced out would have destroyed any ecu, doesn't matter how expensive it was.

How did u fry the ecu? Welding?

Nope. I have no idea hey. I didn't touch anything except for the plenum and the fuel system. Removed the battery before we started and the only wiring we had to do was for the new injector plugs and extending the IAC valve loom.

It's not physically fried, everything is just corrupt. He can't even get it started because every map is just blank. He tried uploading a base map and tuning again from scratch but it does nothing, whole ECU is completely corrupt.

Why not??

Don't know, I didn't ask. I just mentioned it in a list I had and he said no, the only ones he was keen for me to go for were the NIStune, VIPEC/Link or a PowerFC.

Edited by Hanaldo

Bit far away unfortunately, but if we can't find one local I'll keep that in mind mate, cheers.

Yehhh :( makes me a bit glad I don't have a VIPEC or a link or something like that. Imagine if one of those expensive ECU's just gave up on you :/

Point is generally they dont.

R34 nistunes are hell stable, get your ecu back to Pete / Matt @ nistune they can bench test allot of the ecus.

i have a 360rwkw auto R34 in at the moment and i have only just started coming into a few issues, we are just coming into issues with the big plenum and e85... not enough accel pump adjustments to overcome a lean stumble onto stall etc but its at the extreme end of the remap scale. Was fine with std intake.

R34 nistunes are hell stable, get your ecu back to Pete / Matt @ nistune they can bench test allot of the ecus.

i have a 360rwkw auto R34 in at the moment and i have only just started coming into a few issues, we are just coming into issues with the big plenum and e85... not enough accel pump adjustments to overcome a lean stumble onto stall etc but its at the extreme end of the remap scale. Was fine with std intake.

That sounds like it would be wicked fun

The "dynamic" SS1PU seems a little "why bother?" Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it's brought the boost on 400rpm earlier but lost >30kw off the top? I know which I'd rather :)

Yes excellent on road. Feels like boost building up from 1RPM. Don't makes the numbers how ever. SS1PU core, slightly different FNT arrangement in the rear housing. Its 6 degrees of timing less compare to the standard turbine housing. How ever I think this FNT arrangement would be perfect for the current G3 since 330rwkws @23psi is not very archivable on stock manifold and button end.

Gee, hold an extra ~3psi boost all the way to redline and that thing will be even pokier! 260 at the top is a bloody nice figure, especially for an auto.

Autos are great for responsiveness, but they lack the all important fun pedal :)

If you drive a car with a GT-RS, 2835ProS and GT3076 you will understand what a smaller turbine brings to drivability vs peak hp number.

I am guessing that an SS1PU is going to deliver instant response on the street vs a larger throttle input to get the car to move.

Yeh I will see how my tuner goes on Monday, he is going to try to source a new one for me then. If he can then I will just pay for it because I'm impatient. If not then he is closing down until the 21st of May as he is getting married this week, so I'll have time to send the ECU back to Matt. I've contacted Matt to see if he might know what could cause the corruption, as everything was perfect a month a go when I last drove the car. Installed the Plazmaman and ID1000's and now it's busted :(

And the cruise home from Jez's was awesome, I'm hell stoked about how the turbo feels. Stao is right, except for a little bit at the bottom end it feels just like a small block v8, just put your foot down anywhere and it pretty much just takes off!

Also a testament to how well Jez tunes, even with shitty stop start north shore traffic I managed to average 18.2L/100km, which is half of my old average doing that trip!

Jez, I'll keep you posted on how it goes for economy, but I've definitely already noticed the difference!

I would suggest swapping the BKR for BPR7ES and see if it will take more timing. The BKR's were an issue last time on the dyno .

Yes excellent on road. Feels like boost building up from 1RPM. Don't makes the numbers how ever. SS1PU core, slightly different FNT arrangement in the rear housing. Its 6 degrees of timing less compare to the standard turbine housing. How ever I think this FNT arrangement would be perfect for the current G3 since 330rwkws @23psi is not very archivable on stock manifold and button end.

What numbers do you think an FNT G3 would achieve?