SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

hey stao just wondering say if i give u a HKS2535 turbo can u like put bigger wheels on it and like make the housings flow more if so how much? and what would the response and hp be like?

Cheers

Chi

If the turbo is working I suggest to sale it and we can buil you a new one. But if its dead we can high flow that with a Garrett GT3071 chra. will have very similar sort of response, and maxes at about 260rwkws. This will cost roughly $1350 mark.

Its a pretty generous offer. I think you should take it. Plus you can connect a 3inch pipe straight into the ATR43's turbine housing, which will flow heaps better then that little 2.5 inch pipe.

Edited by kwickr33

my atr28 has a 3" inlet already. Its all fitted now apart from the dump. Just wanted to make sure the stock front pipe is ment to bolt up so i dont waste my time.

Here are some updates. I spent a day working on this and turned a blown R33 turbo to a sleeve bearing HKS2530 (Yes even machined matching compressor trim). By calculation it should produce exact amount of power and response as the actual 2530.

Its for sale complete with $1000 with oil line and high pressure actuator (1.2KG) for how ever's interested to provide some dyno sheets. From calculation this turbo is good for a super responsive 220~230rwkws on about 15psi of boost.

The cost to high flow any R33 or R34 turbos in this way cost $1050 including braided oil feeding line or $1150 with high pressure actuator.

brackets.jpg

chra.jpg

thchra2.jpg

comp.jpg

turbine.jpg

I am intrested in buying this :-)

Here are some updates. I spent a day working on this and turned a blown R33 turbo to a sleeve bearing HKS2530 (Yes even machined matching compressor trim). By calculation it should produce exact amount of power and response as the actual 2530.

Its for sale complete with $1000 with oil line and high pressure actuator (1.2KG) for how ever's interested to provide some dyno sheets. From calculation this turbo is good for a super responsive 220~230rwkws on about 15psi of boost.

The cost to high flow any R33 or R34 turbos in this way cost $1050 including braided oil feeding line or $1150 with high pressure actuator.

brackets.jpg

chra.jpg

thchra2.jpg

comp.jpg

turbine.jpg

Here are two photos of your job. Turned a KKR480 to a sleeve bearing 3582 in .70 front with Anti surge slots and .69 rear. I'm pretty happy with way of how the angled slots we drill came out.

My Camera wasn't very good. Please upload few photos when you get it. Cheers.

PICT0044.JPG

PICT0047.JPG

What would be the cost to get this done? Will it go onto a stock manifold and still be able to use the internal gate?

Finally got everything hooked up. Had to unbolt the middle exhaust mounts to do some tweeking but all good.

Here are some pics

post-28286-1264943400_thumb.jpg

post-28286-1264943536_thumb.jpg

post-28286-1264943644_thumb.jpg

Hitting R&R at 12psi so its pumping out alot more air. The 28G4 is quite abit laggier but not that bad and after a tune it should be alot better.

time to get the old Nistune software out will post results when i get it all done and on the dyno

What would be the cost to get this done? Will it go onto a stock manifold and still be able to use the internal gate?

Including the .70 comp housing and the anti surge slots, it will cost $1230 to carry out. If your current internal gate works then your are still be able to run it internally gated.

for the GTR's that run 2 x 2530's are they just the exact same as what non-Rb26 owners would put on? Or were the GTR 2530's slightly different when running a dual setup?

the exhaust housings have different flanges, so its not interchangeable.

every dyno graph i see here has the same boost drop problem as our highflow that we are running on a mates car.

Comes up to 18psi at around 3800rpm, slowly dies off to 15psi as u approach redline, no matter what you do, mind u, all new gaskets, no gasket leaks! haha

the turbo was a gt3076r core, stock rb25 housings machined on, power delivery is very impressive, excellent for street, linear torque curve helps keep traction also

its just a shame the stock manifold and housings cant hold the boost till redline above 1 bar ...

what do u charge to build a turbo to this specification?

Well the boost pressure drop depends on the turbine housing pressure and the wastegate's spring load. Most of .63 and bigger turbine housings used on RB25det can be internally gated with a high pressure actuator to hold boost curve steady to certain point (18~21psi).

Most of turbos we built or high flowed are fitted with a standard actuator. With high pressure actuator below, I've tried it on my own and also few customer's R33s which did manage 21psi flat using .82 turbine housinged ATR43G3 turbo. This actuator Cost $150 additional with all high flows and brand new turbos:

actuator21psi.JPG

To build a sleeve bearing GT3076 spec turbo in .82 turbine housing with OEM bolton pattern we charge $1450AUD including oil feeding line.

To build it with Garrett GT3076 Ball bearing CHRA using our .82 turbine housing with OEM bolton pattern is $1850AUD.

1850 isnt a bad price, can you email me any dyno sheets with this turbo fitted to an rb25? what boost levels is it capable of holding till redline ? [email protected]

for the record, the turbo was fitted with an uprated 12.5psi actuator and a profec b was being used

what is this .82 rear housing? where is it made? how much power can this rear housing expect to make on std cams ?

Edited by snozzle