SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I normally test in 98 as E85 is not widely available at this stage. Run that fuel with a good tuner you can get a turbo spooling up 500RPMs faster with heaps more mid range and top end power. It also keeps the EGT low which makes the engine safe and happy.

I've managed 297rwkws with a bolton G3 on a Mainlane roller dyno and 303rwkws with same turbo at status Hub dyno on 20psi of boost, that was with a factory engine internally gated. I've made it but I can't assure that you can get the same unless you have the exact same mods done by the same tuner. The turbo it self is capable of doing it no worries.

400RWHP or 300rwkws would be the limit on pump 98 fuel, internal gated, on stock manifold.

Will the G3 or SS3 like having 24-26PSI choked out of it? I have a need to blow my 25 so the wife "Approves the 3L rebuild" <- By approved I mean has no choice but let me.

Car has been off the road for 7 months now and since i bought a scooter to get too and from work a daily is no longer needed.

Yes i think ile be doing that, honestly if it doesnt hit 400rwhp it wont matter, at 200kw it spins 3rd, just some tracks have massive straights and i cant pull 4th without it bogging down, most of the time 100kw gain = 1 more gear frying haha =P

You should get close. I'm making 393rwhp @18psi. Have asked my tuner to wind it up to 20 when he retunes it next week, so we will see how it goes. I think it should crack 400.

Its good to have documentation from all range of supporting mods working with the turbo. I will index them in the main page.

I've been taken some time off working on my electric turbo again. lol here are some latest updates:

making.jpg

The new charger runs of 44V 120AMP of power from a 2x 6S power source with RPM controller.

incar2.jpg

I've installed it on to a Daihatsu Sirion with a 3cyc 0.97L engine. This car makes from 0 to 100KMs in 21secs factory. lol

After appling the charger in 3rd gear full throttle it actually made the Speedo rising a tinny bit faster. There is a just noticeably acceleration gain with the charger is activated and not. I'm installing it on the R33 for dyno runs next weekend. hopefully making better result then the previous one.

Plus I'm working on a VNT .82 rear housing for the G3s hopefully getting SS1PU's response with 330rwkws top end.

I'm would be very keen to be a test mule for this.How long roughly till you have a working version as I have been searching high and low for a variable gometry Turbo. And would the cost be significantly more?

WIll have to control the Nozzles with an Actuator, and then another one for wastegate. So will need 2x actuators to have it working. The SS3 externally gated version is $1150, I would perfer if the external gate was run from the exhaust manifold. Will produce much better result.

Sign me up for the SS3 conversion of my turbo Stao. As long as it will fit on a top mount manifold. The manifold has an outlet for a 44mm Wastegate so it should be a good test bed for this turbo.

How long till you have it ready. I don't mind waiting a month or 2 not in too much of a hurry.