SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Guys,

How about starting another thread "For Clutches" as this is starting to hijack the Hypergear Turbo thread.....

Dont get me wrong (its all interesting as I will need one soon so i am whatching what is said) but its getting a little off topic for poor Stao & his fantastic turbo's....

Just a heads up ok dont want to put any nose's out of joint so to speak....

Dazza

If Stao has an issue with it I'm sure he'd say so. He indexes all the pages in this thread so it's not like it's difficult to find the sections relevant to your interests. I think this is a pretty important part of the turbo selection process as people should know what works with what. I like that the threads, both Kando and HG take a focus on helping people with their whole setups instead of just focusing in the turbos. We're like macro communities :)

Its good to have documentation from all range of supporting mods working with the turbo. I will index them in the main page.

I've been taken some time off working on my electric turbo again. lol here are some latest updates:

making.jpg

The new charger runs of 44V 120AMP of power from a 2x 6S power source with RPM controller.

incar2.jpg

I've installed it on to a Daihatsu Sirion with a 3cyc 0.97L engine. This car makes from 0 to 100KMs in 21secs factory. lol

After appling the charger in 3rd gear full throttle it actually made the Speedo rising a tinny bit faster. There is a just noticeably acceleration gain with the charger is activated and not. I'm installing it on the R33 for dyno runs next weekend. hopefully making better result then the previous one.

Plus I'm working on a VNT .82 rear housing for the G3s hopefully getting SS1PU's response with 330rwkws top end.

Can this new VNT housing be made for external gate? I just purchased a wastegate and highmount so as discussed a month or so ago my turbo will be comming back to you soon.

Will try and get it off this weekend

Trying to decide if i should send you guys my stock rb25 turbo or buy one off you or buy a GTX30/76, chasing 400-450hp, what would you sell me? i would like too stick too Australian products.

Edited by 51NNA

The limit for a Bolton G3 on a stock exhaust manifold would be 400rwhp with proper mods on pump 98, unless if you are going for E85 then you can get that 450rwhp+ (abe's R33 358rwkws).

Or you can high mount It run external gate, which would be the best solution for the goal, and reduces the cost in building the turbo to just $1000. We also have a externally gated turbo called the SS3. That would reach you goal with possibly the best response.

Pump 98 results and details from that turbo is in page 120

It was a billet wheeled turbo based in a SS2 externally gated housing. It was very responsive how ever only worked well externally gated, internal gated version was about 30kws short. Its a very different turbo to the G3, how ever you can run that rear housing with it and the results won't be far off.