SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Sucks about your clutch

Question for stao. Where do you turbine wheels come from?

As for reliability look what happened with the bw efr turbos

Manufacturing faults can and will happen

Just to give you an idea. I've had a 21U hi-flow for a while now. Over 45 track days down, pulled it off late last year and it looked perfect.

Birds did you go the 10"? For around the $650 mark?

I got a quote yesterday for one and the guy said its rated to around 400rwhp

Yer it was the 10. Bolts up to standard flywheel so that's a big plus. Wait til I tell my girlfriend I've got a 10" now!

Might be a stupid question, but where abouts are these clutches power ratings being measured at? If its only a 400hp clutch I hope it's at the wheels, but that seems like an odd place to measure it from for a clutch

Edited by Mitcho_7

They would be measured at the flywheel but you could give a rough estimation for how much wheel kw it can hold.

Well if the clutch is only going to hold 400hp at the flywheel wouldnt that be barely enough clamping force for the guys with the ss1pu's that have 250kw at the wheels?

??? In both Kasko and my posts, we refer to rear wheel power...

I'd rather they be measured at the wheels, that seems more practical to me given all our dyno readings are obtained there.

??? In both Kasko and my posts, we refer to rear wheel power...

I'd rather they be measured at the wheels, that seems more practical to me given all our dyno readings are obtained there.

I didn't see the rear wheel part. If you guys manage to get your boost fixed up top and get say an extra 20kw you'll be closing in on 400rwhp won't you?

They tell me it's good for 300rwkw, so I'm going off that. Doubt I'll touch on 300rwkw...even with E-flex...my compressor housing is too small.

I think you will be surprised Birds, and the torque hike will only make it worse.

Im not saying its a bad cluth choice for youre power im merely asking Is 20-30rwkw enough wiggle room in terms or clamping force once the clutch wears abit? I'm interested to know is all.

Guess we'll find out, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Worst case scenario I flog it off to someone who has less power and opt for the not-so-pleasant-sounding alternatives: fork out $$$$ for a JB, put up with the violence of an HHHDB, or do both of these things and get a twin plate.

I'm not drifting/racing the thing, I just want a clutch with enough clamping pressure to hold things together under load during the daily drive with the occasional spurt...I think it'll do the job fine. Keep in mind these power ratings are only a guide...there's no point splitting hairs over 300rwkw, not like the thing will magically pop just after 299.9rwkw and I don't think NPC would be selling their clutches based on power ratings if they weren't a tad conservative.

Guess we'll find out, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Worst case scenario I flog it off to someone who has less power and opt for the not-so-pleasant-sounding alternatives: fork out $$$$ for a JB, put up with the violence of an HHHDB, or do both of these things and get a twin plate.

I'm not drifting/racing the thing, I just want a clutch with enough clamping pressure to hold things together under load during the daily drive with the occasional spurt...I think it'll do the job fine. Keep in mind these power ratings are only a guide...there's no point splitting hairs over 300rwkw, not like the thing will magically pop just after 299.9rwkw and I don't think NPC would be selling their clutches based on power ratings if they weren't a tad conservative.

NPC Twin plate ;)

Talking to a mate the other night who has one, he reakons its the best clutch he's ever used. I'm half kicking myself I didnt just get one from the start, but oh well, I'll see how long the 10" single plate lasts. So far its been great but :)

NPC Twin plate ;)

Talking to a mate the other night who has one, he reakons its the best clutch he's ever used. I'm half kicking myself I didnt just get one from the start, but oh well, I'll see how long the 10" single plate lasts. So far its been great but :)

How long has it already been in there?

When I spoke to NPC he said his mate was running one in a 300kw car so it should be fine

Same with the quote from KB clutches

He asked for my peak power/torque and what rpm it makes these by.

He then spent a few hours and got back to me with the organic