SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Problem is my housing is made the way it is with the gate attached..would be alot of effort to change it, making a new housing and all..I can do a billet wheel no worries though..

Try an "F1 racing" clutch, which also goes by the name "gripforce". I have one in my car and i know of several in cars pushing 300+rwkw and going for 2 years+. Not bad for a $250 clutch :thumbsup:

I managed to organise a clutch from a bloke in Sydney KB clutch engineering.

He came recommended by a few of the ACT peeps once of which is running one in their GTR which is still holding up with 5k launches.

The guy sent me the following quote via SMS so I dont know what it all is but this is how it came:

HD cover assy

HD clutch plate organic facing SBF

Release bearing

Freight to canberra

$410

I had a extra x2 heavy duty organic and died pretty quickly with my old 33 and 250rwkw just slipped while driving in 3rd one day

If I did it again I would get a extra x3 heavy duty cushion button it's really street friendly and u won't need to upgrade any time soon and wont have to waste 350-400 for labor to fit another clutch when the organic dies

If I did it again I would get a extra x3 heavy duty cushion button it's really street friendly and u won't need to upgrade any time soon and wont have to waste 350-400 for labor to fit another clutch when the organic dies

Have you got the part number?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R31-R32-R33-RB25-DET-ENGINE-/220939836848?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33710a5db0

I have a JB in the R33 and an NPC in the fat slug (so much better than the 2nd cushioned button that it replaced).

which do you prefer??

Those were the only 2 clutches I considered, otherwise I was going twin plate..

I ended up with a freshly rebuilt NPC 10' and flywheel for half price of a new one...

but can anyone tell me if flywheel bolts are 12mm cause if they're not I have a problem :unsure:..??

Both are great streetable clutches. I would be happy with either.

The JB required modification to fit, something JB denies was necessary but was required. It came with a Valeo pressure plate from memory.

The NPC/Exedy has been faultless.

I think I would have no issues doing above, infact I know the SS1PU is slightly larger then the GT-RS all around and was pretty consistent when on the dyno. I'll be back with few more wastegate side updates and can do some comparisons with what Trent's got in his PC.

Also found most tuners would retard timing as "insurance" for stock motor when it do hit 20psi. That explains the missing mid range, an update to the wastegate assembly is made, so all new units would have no issues holding boost using EBC with a 14psi actuator. Also the updated module is available for all ATR43 series at a cheap cost.

For that Billet TD06 there is no way it can be modified into a stockie bolton the possition of the turbine outlet is way off to stock 6 bolt nissan pattern. So it will have to be the way it is. I'm planing to let trent do some tests on his New Ceffero.

Trent should have a couple of GTRS tunes on RB's. I know Dave has one on there with nismo 555cc and EBC. Easy to compare...

Its been a while seeing the Greedy copies around with few good working examples. So we've imported few. The first one I'm interested to try is the TD06SL2 in 10cm with T3 flange turbine housing running 20G Billet compressor wheel.

It has been pulled apart and rebalanced (tolerance is about twice higher then where I normally set them to, its now corrected). to make sure every thing can work accordingly.

Those turbos are externally gated only and available to every one for $850 including GST and 12 month local warranty. I will refer to it as the EXGBTD06SL2

turbo.jpg

turbine.jpg

Looking through the turbine design, it appears been able to make plenty of torque, but I'm not too sure about response. There is also room in FNT turbine upgrade. I might be able to adapt internal gate onto it with the Nissan 6 bolt flange.

Just noticed in the Kando thread about cracked td06 turbine wheel.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/347726-kando-dynamics-turbo/page__view__findpost__p__6306795

Compare to what you've offering for sale above, Since above is also made from the same origin, is yours same or better? any idea on whats causing the problem?

The turbine wheel bends backwards or break vertically during a course of impact. The horizontal crack is from Heat, some thing to do with the material content of the alloy its made of. Generally running E85 and external gate plus not so much boost would keep the EGT low, that avoids issues like above.

How ever I have seen similar problem from a T70 Chinese turbo years back that was used on a Ford 4L +T. The car initially made 370rwkws on pump 98 for a while before the driver noticed lack of performance through time. The turbine wheel had lots of horizontal cracks with chucks missing, the edge of the wheel blade appeared rough like a wire brush. Luckily the it was a old T04 copy so I managed to rebuild it with a geninue Garrett wheel and it was all good.

Most turbo builders would contract specialized foundries to forge their parts to the specifications they require. The single incident is not good enough to conclude Kando or all other Greedy copies are bad, certainly there are many more working examples plus mine is yet to be trailed.