SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just a note. The excedy heavy duty can't hold 200kw.

Holding over 300kw (flywheel, where the rating is measured) without a problem for me. Don't spread misinformation.

Agree the Xtreme Motorsport clutches have also worked very well for me.

A car Ive done previously had the Xtreme button plate wear a little thin so I popped a regular exedy organic plate in it and its been running forevermore another 18 months of abuse later.

Here is a 34 i just finished tuning. Did a run before poncams and then tuned it after poncams.

Is running G3 older spec. This is with profec B spec 2 set to 0 but helping with holding top end (basically gate pressure)

Tao has sent a 14psi actuator that we will fit so can tune a low boost.

I tried more boost with this setup but kept nosing over and for the extra amount of boost there wasnt enough gain.

It saw 281kw with a bit more midrange on 21psi.

Tried advancing and retarding exhaust gear with no gain. So left at 0.

Also tried dropping the exhaust which automatically raised the boost to 20psi and made 281kw

70262b6e.jpg

Thats correct coupe.

The light blue run was when the dyno was playing up but it was reading the dyno correctly just not controlling the steady state.

I have tuned this car in the other (mainline) dyno and it made 232kw but has a different cat since then

Aparently I was lying before so here is the full details. I've got an rs4s running an excedy hd, stock turbo on 10/11psi it slipped a little, installed hypergear tuned to 220kw, slipped a bit more. Rebuilt engine and got clutch checked, nothing physically wrong with it or the flywheel, just doesn't hold.

Thats correct coupe.

The light blue run was when the dyno was playing up but it was reading the dyno correctly just not controlling the steady state.

I have tuned this car in the other (mainline) dyno and it made 232kw but has a different cat since then

thats does it I want cams now...

Oh wow. Am I reading the graph correctly in that the run with poncams made 53kw more top-end (ignoring the mid-range gain as well because I can't see that axis) with less boost? If that's the case then I may start thinking about poncams more seriously as well lol. What are the specs on those cams, are they Type-B's, ie. 260's???

I also agree it looks like a restriction somewhere though, what's going on with the shape of the curve Jez, was that caused by the exhaust?

Aparently I was lying before so here is the full details. I've got an rs4s running an excedy hd, stock turbo on 10/11psi it slipped a little, installed hypergear tuned to 220kw, slipped a bit more. Rebuilt engine and got clutch checked, nothing physically wrong with it or the flywheel, just doesn't hold.

You were lying before, so how can I trust what you're saying now? :P

Seriously though, there are a lot of factors to clutches not holding up in specific applications. Your pressure plate may be worn which can be visually impossible to tell and the lack of clamping pressure, no matter how good your friction plate is, will mean slippage.

Oh wow. Am I reading the graph correctly in that the run with poncams made 53kw more top-end (ignoring the mid-range gain as well because I can't see that axis) with less boost? If that's the case then I may start thinking about poncams more seriously as well lol. What are the specs on those cams, are they Type-B's, ie. 260's???

I also agree it looks like a restriction somewhere though, what's going on with the shape of the curve Jez, was that caused by the exhaust?

no u dont, what you (me also) need to do is get VCT running so we can get a fatter mid range! lol

no u dont, what you (me also) need to do is get VCT running so we can get a fatter mid range! lol

Yeh but I'm already onto that and it hasn't costed me any money yet, that's no fun! :P

By the way, hoping to have results for my latest setup around the middle to end of this month. Just need to get my throttle cable issue sorted and then I'll book it in for a tune. VCT should now be working, so fingers crossed I've got it all right this time haha.