SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Anyone wanna change my clutch so I can join this race :(

Got quoted $500 for the change

How much do you want to pay brosef?

I'll tell you if I am willing to meet your offer ;)

bummer u too hey...think I will have to get down and dirty and do mine the hard way in the carport..

If you were in Melbourne I could get it done for around $300-350 + $40 for machining the flywheel.

Around $250 thumbsup.gif

If you bring a flywheel and clutch with you, ready to be installed, I will do it for you for $250.

Im not a mechanic, but feel free to speak to Jez about if Im capable of or what not.

Am in Bankstown, just PM if your interested.

Yeah Canberra sucks price wise

But it makes up for things such as not many defects etc.

Birds and ARTZ we could always have said race in Canberra and at the same time do a 3 way......clutch change

Sorry, my hoist and workshop aren't exactly mobile lol.

Agree with Rolls, you won't find any cheaper than $250.

Birds come and get this part after clutch change. The turbo will be able to hold 20psi straight to 7000RPMs with it using a EBC. Should get around 280rwkws with extra 3psi of boost.

extender.JPG

That part is $35 delivered. It's best working with the 14psi actuator and ebc. It will only work assume the cause of the drop is the strength of actuator. Will have no affect on retriction related boost drops.

Birds come and get this part after clutch change. The turbo will be able to hold 20psi straight to 7000RPMs with it using a EBC. Should get around 280rwkws with extra 3psi of boost.

extender.JPG

Love to man, but I can't run more than 16psi anywhere in the rev range at the moment...anything more and my motor starts pinging past what my tuner is comfortable with. So it'd be wasted on me cause I'm not even seeing 20psi in the mid range for it to drop off in the top end. It just runs 16psi all the way to red line.

Better off getting Kasko to try it as he is experiencing exactly what you're trying to fix. Once I convert to E-flex and can safely run 20psi I will look at doing it, if I have the dropping off issue.

Also, I don't have clutch issues, maybe you're confusing me with Kasko :/

For canberra, i think $500 is pretty competative. Does that include flywheel machine for the clutches which keep the stock flywheel?

I'd definently drive the 3.5hrs to sydney for $250 though.

Edited by Mitcho_7

Joined the hypergear club recently thought I'd share my story. After finding my previous highflow too laggy for my liking I went to stao and asked for response so he put together a turbo with SS1 compressor wheel.

post-2214-0-43861800-1333462834_thumb.jpg

post-2214-0-97748300-1333462848_thumb.jpg

Went to install it last weekend. When i finished fitting the lines and intake I spotted missing manifold studs. First and last. I went to tighten up the remainder in the hope i could still drive my car. Found 2 more broke and another seized up. fark! decided to rip everything off..

post-2214-0-87116900-1333462916_thumb.jpg

post-2214-0-63300100-1333463451_thumb.jpg

Called thread doctor but he was too busy, so i searched the internet for left hand drill bits and ezouts, couldn't find anything local (wanted it fast). wandered into a tool shop and found this:

post-2214-0-48523000-1333463495_thumb.jpg

An hour plus later....

post-2214-0-89416800-1333463630_thumb.jpg

got charged 120 for manifold gasket from nissan... crazy oh well needed it. $2.50 per stud wasn't too bad though

Anyway I've effectively changed turbo 3 times now. Getting real good at it lol. Hope that makes anyone struggling with their turbo install feel better.

Wonder how much the exhaust leak contributed to the lag and if i even needed to get my second highflow. Feels good so far anyhow. Not quite stock response still but heaps better than before. Would be interesting to compare to Bird's turbo since you have an actual SS1