SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

We actually build a brand new turbo core with bigger wheels, then machine your stock housings to suit it. We only use steel turbine wheels. So are you actually getting back a brand new turbo inside your factory housings.

yup i understand that but is it possible to just put a standard size steel wheel in there, ie no machining etc?

Yummy.... $1300 basically... what kind of response and power am i looking at with this rb25 highflow ?

I would say around 280rwkws with high pressure actuator. full boost by 4200RPM. be just like this one here:

(Dynosheet below is running a normal 1KG actuator)

http://www.digi-hardware.com/images/dynosh.../atr43360hp.jpg

and No we can not get standard size wheels in steel.

obviously with supporting mods.

what psi was he running?

With the high pressure actuator will i be seeing better results ? than that of the 1kg one ?

small edit : Even tho i hand you a turbo with shaft play and all that jazz it gets fixed anyway correct? so i can go buy any turbo in hindsight and still get a brand new one back ..?

Edited by v8tzr

obviously with supporting mods.

what psi was he running?

With the high pressure actuator will i be seeing better results ? than that of the 1kg one ?

small edit : Even tho i hand you a turbo with shaft play and all that jazz it gets fixed anyway correct? so i can go buy any turbo in hindsight and still get a brand new one back ..?

With the high pressure actautor you will be seen a lot more steady sort of line with out the drop. and will be making more top end.

Once high flowed you basically get a brand new turbo back in your stock housings so it doesn't matter if your current turbo is blown or with heaps of shaft play.

The old and blown CHRA in your stock turbo goes into the bin unless you want it back.

As someone from South Australia where the inspectors will basically look for any external changes from the factory turbo to defect you - is it possible that the external of a Hypergear highflowed RB25 (R34) turbo will look identical to the factory turbo? Are there any lines that require changing? Is it possible to retain factory lines, or is it a requirement to go to something else?

I'm guessing changing the wastegate actuator would be an obvious visible difference too - so despite performance benefits, it would be better to use an RB20 (10psi) one or keep the factory R34 (5psi) one to avoid Transport SA issues?

Well visually the high flowed turbo appears to be same as the stock turbo. You can use your stock actuator. Or we can modify your stock actuators actuation bracket to suit a high pressure actuator.

Few new projects and updates for 2010:

First of all few of you already know We've started developing VARA project in Mid dec 09. Which allows us to change your turbine A/R to what ever we need it to be. Means we can now high flow your stock R33 (yes your stock 2IU turbine housing not OP6) turbos to produce 270rwkws if need to. So we are no longer boxed by the flow limit with some smaller turbine housings.

2ndly as we all aware that smaller turbine housings gives us better response but not good up top. with our Variable Air Ratio (VARA A: actuator controlled) turbine housings. We can start off with a .42 A/R till 7psi and have it increased to 0.82 on 20psi refer to boost increase. Means you can have 300rwkws with stock alike response. This response is also adjustable with a bleed valve. This method has been used on few turbocharged Porches, we will be intergrating this into Nissans.

3rdly We will be building .60 compressor housings with stock size inlets and out lets. So people are no longer required to get any "Kits" as it bolton to your stock every thing.

I will be posting photos once I get back on the 15th of Jan.

Happy new year every one.

Hi Stao,

Can the VARA turbo housings be put onto one of your already highflowed R33 G2 turbos to reach the 270kw mark or do you have to redo the whole turbo.

How much would this be?

Hi Stao,

Can the VARA turbo housings be put onto one of your already highflowed R33 G2 turbos to reach the 270kw mark or do you have to redo the whole turbo.

How much would this be?

We can modify your R33 turbine housing for lot better flow which class under the PU highflow options. So basically yes we have to modify every thing on it.

The VARA is still under development at this stage. will be ready for public soon.

Excellent result Lowrb. Please post dynosheet when possible. Thanks

And will the response still be the same but with more top end?

Nah...you'll have more lag as per a bigger turbine wheel to create more power. More power usually equals more lag when it comes to turbo upgrades :rofl2:

Until Stao gets this VARA thing happening for us :domokun:

Nah...you'll have more lag as per a bigger turbine wheel to create more power. More power usually equals more lag when it comes to turbo upgrades :rofl2:

Until Stao gets this VARA thing happening for us :domokun:

that's what I meant Birds, same response with the VARA????

Well that's the idea behind it anyway. I doubt it'll be exactly the same as stock but it should be much better than a straightforward high flow without sacrificing top end :D