SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

^^^ Agreed.

What are they doing Birds? Fit turbo, fab intake, tune car, there's a day. Why so slow?

He did have that issue with his injectors.

But... It's a workshop. A good workshop, from what I've heard. Good workshops are busy, even simple jobs take time.

Sorry guys, picked her up lastnight and have been busy since. RP were under the pump and down on employees, they have so many cars down there to finish lol.

R33 GTS-T (~150,000km)

Apexi pod filter

Yellow Jacket coil packs

3 inch turbo back

Blitz CS FMIC

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040

Nismo 555cc

Power FC + EBC kit

HG SS1PU custom (Nissan comp housing instead of ATR43)

258.6rwkw @ 16psi on Shell V-Power (98)

dyaoht.jpg

Second line is a slightly safer tune with some pulled timing and more fuel, making 252.4rwkw.

And that’s with:

An internal wastegate

Nissan comp housing for a standard looking turbo

Cat and Varex muffler (Varex supposedly costs you power, I disagree personally)

Return flow FMIC

Standard intake hose

Standard BOV

Comments: This all makes for a quick, responsive and standard looking street car. It is lovely to drive in daily traffic, better than standard. Stao warned me that I would be down on power due to the above restrictions, so I daresay there is potential for more in the top end and all over the place…but…my aim was to make it fast and keep it looking stock (see pics below) with a very safe tune. I think we’ve achieved all that! Thank you to Stao for a great turbo and Race Pace for an awesome tune.

23uvh1u.jpg

208yy4y.jpg

Will be throwing the standard airbox in when I find it, so that the boys from the EPA “can’t touch this”. Oh and…stay tuned for E-flex :)

Good result Birds, is that pretty much what was expected? I'm not sure how the standard housings compare to the ATR housings, but 260rwkw seems like that's about right?

*EDIT* Same time post haha, sounds like you achieved what you wanted, well done man :) Gotta get this plenum and new fuel system done on my car and get it back on the dyno without the ECU problems now! :D

Edited by Hanaldo

WOW. For such awesome results it is so surprising to see how basic your setup is.

I love the fact you did so well with the stock nissan comp cover, rubber intake and stock cooler piping! Those all would hold it back from maximum potential in my eyes, and you did really well!

Props to all involved!

Nice graph man, I see you still have the standard rubber intake.. Not sucking shut? Maybe 3-5rwkw to be gained there by going 3 inch metal..

Speaking from experience? ;)

I thought you mentioned sometime back that your $400 intake pipe got you approx 3-5kw? :P And your HKS sticker on it made it cool.

No no, the fact it exists makes it cool thumbsup.gif

I'm really looking forward to when (or if) you finally commit to modifications, it will be good to see how many corners you cut to make it cheap and how many times you will spend more money than you thought you would, as those of us who have actually done it can tell you it's going to happen. It's gonna be a real blast.

Speaking of things that actually happen, that reminds me; Birds didn't you say RP were making you a custom intake pipe???

Edited by Hanaldo

Good result Birds, is that pretty much what was expected? I'm not sure how the standard housings compare to the ATR housings, but 260rwkw seems like that's about right?

Yep, well more than expected to be honest. It's not far off Stao's figure and there's plenty more that could be done to free up killerwasps. Tempted to venture down that path, but I reckon E85 will do much more for me and retain the stock appearance. Stao believes that the ATR comp covers flow slightly better than the Nissan covers...but they are roughly the same size so I was willing to give it a go.

WOW. For such awesome results it is so surprising to see how basic your setup is.

I love the fact you did so well with the stock nissan comp cover, rubber intake and stock cooler piping! Those all would hold it back from maximum potential in my eyes, and you did really well!

Props to all involved!

Cheers man! Just wait for E-flex...visually it'll be no different, but the graph will be a different story!

Nice graph man, I see you still have the standard rubber intake.. Not sucking shut? Maybe 3-5rwkw to be gained there by going 3 inch metal..

Nah not sucking shut at this poundage. RP put a metal spring in there (similar to the GTR setup he said) which helps to keep it open...if it presents a problem down the track or when I tune on E-flex then I'll do the metal intake.