SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Anyone got ideas about what I should be saving for next to get a bit more put of the turbo

Also how do I get rid of the ping around 250kw

Do things like oil coolers keep the overal engine temp down to prevent this?

E85...

Yeah only 2 Servos sell E85 in canberra :(

Daniel, talk to TiTan, he Has WMI on his car, I love the stuff, and it is also on my to-do list

His car that he is selling :(

I'll hit him up tomorrow about it.

Not in a rush as I won't get bored of this setup for a long time. Just good to plan future upgrades

Yeah only 2 Servos sell E85 in canberra :(

Daniel, talk to TiTan, he Has WMI on his car, I love the stuff, and it is also on my to-do list

Zebra are u building a 2J now and what car? Why isnt anyone modifying auto aristos?? They have the 2J

I was always under the impression hypergear did turbos for other cars, but as this is a skyline forum, we only hear about skyline related turbos?

I guess I was wrong.

Yes also doing XR6 turbos, VLT, 300ZX, VW GTi plus some electric blow dryers and etc. I can't remember who was asking for results off a high flowed CT12a soarers. I got some results from it:

That was from a Auto soarer.

The thin red line was from stock turbo.

The thick red line is initial tune with the map from his stock turbos

Thin blue line was final tune.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

His auto trasmission is pretty much burnt at this stage, should be able to gain another 20kws with a built transmission. They were more responsive then his stock turbos.

That was me...

Something is wrong with those standard turbos?!?!, I see 10psi at <3000rpm on my Stockies on both my old Soarer and my current Supra

Unless Trent was very slowly getting on the throttle to stop it going back to 2nd...But trent is a smart cookie and I would assume he would lock it in 3rd for the run?

Either way very interested if there is a bit more power in it

Espessially if you pick up 4-500rpm for peak boost

what are the wheel specs for those turbos Stao?

Its been a while seeing the Greedy copies around with few good working examples. So we've imported few. The first one I'm interested to try is the TD06SL2 in 10cm with T3 flange turbine housing running 20G Billet compressor wheel.

It has been pulled apart and rebalanced (tolerance is about twice higher then where I normally set them to, its now corrected). to make sure every thing can work accordingly.

Those turbos are externally gated only and available to every one for $850 including GST and 12 month local warranty. I will refer to it as the EXGBTD06SL2

turbo.jpg

turbine.jpg

Looking through the turbine design, it appears been able to make plenty of torque, but I'm not too sure about response. There is also room in FNT turbine upgrade. I might be able to adapt internal gate onto it with the Nissan 6 bolt flange.

So this isn't the Kinugawa version then? It's another version from else where?

Edited by slippylotion

For the CT12a they are similar specifications as the 2860rs same as what we normally high flow gtr turbos to. He had the stock turbos dyno tuned which was about a year ago and the high flowed ones in just recent. Yes it was in 3rd but with the high flows the transmission can't hold, its slip badly up top.

with the TD06sl2, this is should be identical as Kandos as all parts were bought and made from the same factory in Taiwan. The billet 20G compressor wheel has skimmed hub for greater flow, and light weight, in theory making same effect as our 71mm SS2 comp wheel. The standard 20G wheel is also available.

Since there are working examples I won't go in to very details in testing what has been tested. As said it is now available for $850 as it is with Australian warranty.

In the next few weeks I will turn it into a bolton externally gated turbo for RB25det then apply FNT turbine nozzle to fill in more mid range if possible.

E85 isnt easy to come by where I normally travel to.

Done the coastal regions they don't even know what it is haha

The link to the injector didn't work Darren

I might do some searching on them

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Water-Methanol-Alcohol-Injection-Kit-compact-trunkmount-tank-complete-/120885195602?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2551b352

I prefer pre-turbo, but for my stagea it was to much of a pain to shift air-flow meter to intake and more expensive once i got a bottle etc, i got a 340cc nozzle and expect to make around 350rwkw if i was manual

I;ve tried to do the whole thing with the KISS principle.

cheers

darren

I'll be there 7pm starting the tune on Friday. Its more of testing the wastegate actuator and a newer housing. Should all finish in an hour so its all good if you like to come in around 7pm and see how the tunning goes.

I will trail some externally gated ones including the SL2 and T67 combinations with billet wheels and do some modifications no housings from there.

At this stage we can supply SL2 units in 10cm T3 turbine with billet compressor wheel.

I know a few people who will be very interested in a comparison between the cast 25g and billet 25g compressor... Including me :)

Edited by SimonR32

Stao there are 3 results for the L2 20g in the Kando thread

1 DVS JEZ - E85, gate is too small and cant run/control boost properly. 286, 15psi

2 ARTZ - 98ron, clutch slipped during tuning. 267, 14psi

3 Dori34 - 98ron, NO VCT, surge on spool up. 280kw, 19psi

I will also be very interested if you can make a similar sort of turbo for SR specific application. Such as a TD05H billet 20G, internal gate 5 bolt. The one Kando sells does not flow very well, this might be your time to shine. I can test this item for you, I can strip/fit my turbo in under 1.5hrs and have all the right setup, Jez does my tuning.

Now waiting on a WMI kit too ;)

For the CT12a they are similar specifications as the 2860rs same as what we normally high flow gtr turbos to. He had the stock turbos dyno tuned which was about a year ago and the high flowed ones in just recent. Yes it was in 3rd but with the high flows the transmission can't hold, its slip badly up top.

with the TD06sl2, this is should be identical as Kandos as all parts were bought and made from the same factory in Taiwan. The billet 20G compressor wheel has skimmed hub for greater flow, and light weight, in theory making same effect as our 71mm SS2 comp wheel. The standard 20G wheel is also available.

Since there are working examples I won't go in to very details in testing what has been tested. As said it is now available for $850 as it is with Australian warranty.

In the next few weeks I will turn it into a bolton externally gated turbo for RB25det then apply FNT turbine nozzle to fill in more mid range if possible.

Very cool thanks

Would love to see a result behind a manual 1J so Trent could go WOT down low, will definately keep an eye out for more results

Cheers

Guys a bit off topic but with the WMI kits, would it be "better" to spend the extra 150 odd bux for a progressive type system as opposed to the old on/off Hobbs switch setup????

Have been looking int WMI for a long time and the $$$ seems anout right to grab one.

Stao, if you can pull off the TD06Sl2-20g 10cm in a bolt on internal gate version that doesn't have any boost issues, it will be a very popular turbo and will get you alot of sales, :thumbsup: to your work

very keen to see the difference the billet wheel makes!

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what is the FNT turbine housing and how is it different to standard?

Its an adjustable turbo nozzle as far as I know, to change the angle the gasses hit the turbine blades.