SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Its been a while seeing the Greedy copies around with few good working examples. So we've imported few. The first one I'm interested to try is the TD06SL2 in 10cm with T3 flange turbine housing running our re-trimmed 20G Billet compressor wheel.

It has been pulled apart and rebalanced (tolerance is about twice higher then where I normally set them to, its now corrected). to make sure every thing can work accordingly.

Those turbos are externally gated only and available to every one for $850 including GST and 12 month local warranty. I will refer to it as the EXGBTD06SL2

turbo.jpg

turbine.jpg

Looking through the turbine design, it appears been able to make plenty of torque, but I'm not too sure about response. There is also room in FNT turbine upgrade. I might be able to adapt internal gate onto it with the Nissan 6 bolt flange.

I might be able to adapt internal gate onto it with the Nissan 6 bolt flange.

This would be very interesting to see results for as the current IG kandos suck a bag of dicks.

Its been a while seeing the Greedy copies around with few good working examples. So we've imported few. The first one I'm interested to try is the TD06SL2 in 10cm with T3 flange turbine housing running 20G Billet compressor wheel.

It has been pulled apart and rebalanced (tolerance is about twice higher then where I normally set them to, its now corrected). to make sure every thing can work accordingly.

Those turbos are externally gated only and available to every one for $850 including GST and 12 month local warranty. I will refer to it as the EXGBTD06SL2

turbo.jpg

turbine.jpg

Looking through the turbine design, it appears been able to make plenty of torque, but I'm not too sure about response. There is also room in FNT turbine upgrade. I might be able to adapt internal gate onto it with the Nissan 6 bolt flange.

Nice.. Why not call it HG TD06SL2 (Hypergear TD06SL2), thats less confusing..:teehee:

I take it you dont follow the kando thread cause this is what I have been saying for months... :thumbsup:

If you want a ride in my car just PM me man,...clutch is slipping a little atm but should be rectified soon..

Car is very nice smooth to drive

@ 1 bar boost, with 6 month old fuel that was still sitting in my tank.. :yes:

DSC04047.jpg

Yea I found it. It looks too linear thou, I pictured it would do some thing that. I should be able to add in lots of meat into the mid range with FNT turbine.

Where abouts are you based? I'm testing the ss1pu again Friday afternoon which we can swap cars for a test drive near status or unless if you are in the North side.

Yea I found it. It looks too linear thou, I pictured it would do some thing that. I should be able to add in lots of meat into the mid range with FNT turbine.

Where abouts are you based? I'm testing the ss1pu again Friday afternoon which we can swap cars for a test drive near status or unless if you are in the North side.

There is no midrange because its at one bar, lets wait and see what the 22psi graph looks like. Hurry up and get that clutch in Artz.

I'm interested to see the results with the stock 5 bolt housing. Get on to it Stao. :thumbsup:

An M35 Stagea rear may work well too... :whistling:

yeah cool, Im near dandy..I probably cant get there till about 6 though will you still be around?

I'll be there 7pm starting the tune on Friday. Its more of testing the wastegate actuator and a newer housing. Should all finish in an hour so its all good if you like to come in around 7pm and see how the tunning goes.

I will trail some externally gated ones including the SL2 and T67 combinations with billet wheels and do some modifications no housings from there.

At this stage we can supply SL2 units in 10cm T3 turbine with billet compressor wheel.

Water Meth Injection ;)

better (more efficient) intercooler

Freer flowing exhaust

there are a few things you can do to squeeze every last drop out, but $$$ per HP makes it rather expensive

Anyone got ideas about what I should be saving for next to get a bit more put of the turbo

Also how do I get rid of the ping around 250kw

Do things like oil coolers keep the overal engine temp down to prevent this?

Save for a plazaman cooler. Or a custome side mount manifold