SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

My EXACT philosphy too :yes:

Yep me too. :D

but still 450 isn't a bad price to pay..is that just labour or parts as well..stud removal alone cost me 120 inc new studs..then all the little bits like gasket goo add up..but once your done u have an arsenal of tools that makes it much easier second time around and the lessons learnt on self diagnosis are priceless..

I get the feeling hypergear needs to pack the turbos better prior to sending them out

Why's that?

Mine had stickers and tape on the box that had writing on them advising the package was opened for inspection.

Why's that?

Mine had stickers and tape on the box that had writing on them advising the package was opened for inspection.

The sniffer dogs must have been alerted. lol. What are you guys doing after knockoff Stao? :whistling::)

Yeh neither of my turbos were fantastically packaged either. Nothing damaged luckily, but not very well protected. Even my catch can came in about 100 layers of bubble wrap + foam wrap + solid Styrofoam.

Stao using boxes he gets his parts in from OS to send the turbos out?

I think mine came in a Corona carton from memory. Might be thinking of something else though.

Birds - Your results?

Did you pick it up last night?

Sorry kids it ain't finished yet. Racepace down on employees at the moment so could be a day or two :(

I'm eager as though.

Yep me too. :D

but still 450 isn't a bad price to pay..is that just labour or parts as well..stud removal alone cost me 120 inc new studs..then all the little bits like gasket goo add up..but once your done u have an arsenal of tools that makes it much easier second time around and the lessons learnt on self diagnosis are priceless..

I gave them the turbo, 12 manifold studs and a manifold gasket...and said install the turbo. So they had to call stud doctor out to get broken studs removed, buy some studs for the dump flange, and spend all that time f**king around with water lines etc. - money well spent IMO. I've worked on my car long enough to know what jobs are worth chucking up on my hoist and which ones I'd rather pay for. You can have the satisfaction of building something yourself, but where do you draw the line...cause most people won't be tuning their own cars :)

I gave them the turbo, 12 manifold studs and a manifold gasket...and said install the turbo. So they had to call stud doctor out to get broken studs removed, buy some studs for the dump flange, and spend all that time f**king around with water lines etc. - money well spent IMO. I've worked on my car long enough to know what jobs are worth chucking up on my hoist and which ones I'd rather pay for. You can have the satisfaction of building something yourself, but where do you draw the line...cause most people won't be tuning their own cars :)

I tune my own car wave.gif Somewhat... Cruise cells count right? I draw the line at having to break the law by powering around at full load in 4th lol.

You've got a hoist and you don't do jobs as easy as installing a turbo!? :P

I do a fair bit of work on there, and should I need to remove the turbo again I'll no doubt do it myself...but knowing I had broken studs and how much of a pain these turbos can be to fit, I had no interest in occupying my hoist for the week it took them to do the job. Instead I played COD, did some easy day job work to pay for it and one day it was miraculously done :)

Yeah even mechanics use Stud Doctor, show what a shitty job it is..

I'm thinking I might get someone else to put my clutch in..pain in the ass doing it in the driveway..last time I did it the gearbox dropped on mates hand, he got numerous stitches >_<

Talking about stitched hand.

I cut my oil return pipe on the bottom of the turbo while it was in the car because I couldn't be f**ked trying to put water lines in again.

By the time I was finished the intake of my turbo was covered in blood from my knuckle hitting it non stop

And let the holdups begin:

4 of the Nismo 555s I supplied to Racepace, aren't actually Nismo injectors...they just look exactly the same...except for a different spray pattern. I bought these second hand from a seller advertising them as Nismo 555s out of an SR20, then got them reconditioned / flow tested...so I've been ripped off :(

Racepace are reluctant to use them with the 2 x brand new Nismo 555s I bought from Nengun, due to different spray pattern, so I have to source 4 more Nismo 555s before they can get to tuning :(

f**k using mismatched injectors, great way to get det on one cylinder. I would be getting the set flow tested if I were you as they could be different.

Edited by Rolls