SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

That car was with the Nistune with Z32 ECU.

Manifold is good as in haven't cracked yet and there is a slight improvement in up top torque. I will install the G3 back in and see if there are any advantages in overall performance before making quantity and offer to sell.

This housing make lot more down low torque, pretty good to drive as daily.

Can you please PM me with your experience of these guys? I'm not using this turbo but I have some tuning work i need done soon and I have been considering these guys as they are just up the road from me.

For those in WA or Perth with a Hypergear turbo, i would suggest taking it to Garage 101 to get it tuned.

I've mainly had WA customers experiencing problems with tuning, which is also the first time it cames to my awareness as an issue. I've never thought the "tune" would make that much difference as most tuners I've used in Melbourne are good and getting close results.

Also make sure the car is running 100% before taking to the tuners, most of them would just chuck it on the dyno without knowing if there is an issue. becuase of that, figures could be way off the norm and possibly cause damanges to the engine.

I wouldn't blame the tuners around here in the sense that the tune itself is bad, but one thing I can say about a lot of Perth workshops is they don't go the extra mile to diagnose your car. My current tuner and my last tuner are both the same, they are more than willing to help if I'm telling them what I want done but they don't have much to say if it doesn't work as expected. I guess that's fair enough too, they are busy people, but I see the likes of Jez and Trent on here helping people out left right and center and you can tell it translates into their work.

I might give Garage 101 a go if my next tune doesn't have any luck, but unfortunately they are a bit far away from me, can't trailer the car there for the next tune. Looking forward to seeing how it goes though, I'll update when I have a result.

Everything seems to be on track with my build.

The SS1PU is in the car and just waiting on a 24mm socket to fix up the water lines.

Holy hell it was a job and a half in slowly bending the lines to suit the turbo.

The 3' intake is currently on its way.

Should have results by Saturday for everyone.

Spray it black and that's a nice looking intake pipe you have there. I'm getting Racepace to make me up one = $$$$ lol.

Everything seems to be on track with my build.

The SS1PU is in the car and just waiting on a 24mm socket to fix up the water lines.

Holy hell it was a job and a half in slowly bending the lines to suit the turbo.

The 3' intake is currently on its way.

Should have results by Saturday for everyone.

How long do you think the whole job will have taken you by the time you're done? In retrospect would you have paid someone else to do it instead?

With any luck I might have my results by tomorrow night :)

I hope you have the results by tomorrow Birds that would be great.

To be honest I love learning as much as I can about my car so it was worth the time it took.

I started on Tuesday last week with pulling the front bar off respraying that and cleaning the intercooler.

Then I had to wait for a few parts to show up and so all up I think you could do it in 3-4 afternoons.

1 Afternoon taking the dump off and the turbo.

1 Afternoon wiring up the Z32 AFM + Bashing the gutts of the Cat

1 and half afternoons fitting the turbo back and fixing the dump

Stao which G3 model would you recommend for an RB30DET? (older .82 model or FNT revision)

Assume it is a slapper aiming for a very punchy 300rwkw. Will be heavily tracked.

Scotty mn35 he spends most of his time in the fabrication section.

He is knocking me up one with all the joiners included for around $250

msg-63525-0-69649300-1329650617_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate, yeah spray it black as Birds said. Did you just wire up an extra plug on the existing AFM loom for the Z32, I have yet to do mine, and yes its all fun mate.

1 Afternoon wiring up the Z32 AFM + Bashing the gutts of the Cat

I wana do this too but dont want flames shooting out my exhaust and a massive fine too lol. How did you bash it, screwdriver and hammer? haha

I wana do this too but dont want flames shooting out my exhaust and a massive fine too lol. How did you bash it, screwdriver and hammer? haha

lead pipe works better

flames are awesome.

You can get big flames with a cat if you mess with the tune, that or run an atmo bov with a MAF and get the exhaust stinking hot.

Haha read my Sig regarding flames.

I will be spray all my piping black to draw less attention and to get a whole black theme look with my car.

With the cat I just used my boot holder (a long bit of wood haha) + hammer.

To be honest as soon as well put an upgraded turbo and injectors etc. Its not going to pass emissions test anyway.

Ohh and with the Z32 I just wired up a female plug to my car.

Then a male plug to both of the AFM's so its an easy change over

To be honest as soon as well put an upgraded turbo and injectors etc. Its not going to pass emissions test anyway.

Rubbish, that's all in the tune not the hardware. My mechanic builds 500hp+ RB motors regularly and always gets them engineered, they pass the emissions tests no problems.

Rubbish, that's all in the tune not the hardware. My mechanic builds 500hp+ RB motors regularly and always gets them engineered, they pass the emissions tests no problems.

Sorry I should have just said I do not expect to pass one with my new turbo etc.

So I thought why not get the best flow out of my exhaust I could.

Plus flames are fulleh sik

Just a warning on the bashed out cats - they are harder to pick up on than a straight pipe, but the fine for having no cat is substantially more than a standard EPA violation notice for not passing emissions or having illegal mods. From memory it was $2000+

My cat is empty and I've never seen any flames....I am disappoint

Mine is also pretty tame normally, but on the track it was rolling out MASSIVE dragon shit at some stages. It had to do with how rich it was running, after a few consistent laps and a bad rad cap my water temp went a little high and the ecu was compensating with fuel.

Shame nistune doesnt have decel enrichment :( Awesome flames!