SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

where does a stock R32 or R33 GTR intercooler sit in the graph between china spec and say PWR/ARC type coolers?

Does anyone use them on GTST cars?

Back say 5 years ago it was frequently used or GTR owners would say that up to about 280awkw the Stock coolers were still good.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the ARC return flow for an R32 GTR cooler.

Purely cause I want OEM Nissan Parts on it where I can.

where does a stock R32 or R33 GTR intercooler sit in the graph between china spec and say PWR/ARC type coolers?

Back say 5 years ago it was frequently used or GTR owners would say that up to about 280awkw the Stock coolers were still good.

Well guys on here are using them up to 400kw and not having problems so they are pretty dam good.

Did you even read my post? I am not running a atr43 G3, Im running the ancient hypergear turbo tr43i which the power is spot on to what stao predicted it would make at the time when I bought it. I was told to expect 260-270 mark on 98 so I have not bandaid fixed anything since I never had a heat soak problem from the beginning as continous runs on dyno whether 98 or e85 I didnt get massive power drops.

Thanks for your input but the post was directed at coppycutter.... Your results and methods are fine. Chill :)

I suppose I could try and get goodwill tuning, but if I were him running a business, I wouldn't expect to have to retune because a setup was poor, which Is more on the car owner for lack of research I guess. As for borrowing parts from forum members, I don't know anyone on the forum at a personal enough level to borrow a cooler and leave them stranded while I sort out my own issues

What I mean is, you ask the tuner can you come back with a new dump and cooler and he gives it a go. If it doesnt give INSTANT improvements that he sees worth while, you pay him for his time and not for the full retune (as he didnt do a full retune).

Then you continue on that road until he is satisfied you have fixed the issue. Once the car hits the rollers and seems to be 'fixed' he can then go hard and tune it for all its worth, and you pay the appropriate fee.

All im suggesting is that you protect yourself from the cost of a retune when it doesnt seem to have changed. Theres no point paying him to sit there for 5 hours going yep.... still the same....

i thought of going down this path, as i got access to a cheap R33 GTR core (currently running a no name hybrid style)

but atm, my core has been fine and there hasn't been any issues.

if i was bothered tho, i'd swap the cores over and get it back on the dyno for testing.

If you want to go plumback bov then the whole GTR cooler/bov/piping setup is actually a really nice solution.

The piping is huge though and really only suits a forward facing plenum (non-GReddy type, i.e. not going through battery tray).

Oh and the 32R cooler core is fkn heavy! but I'm pretty sure it took a hell of a lot of the impact in the accident :whistling:

Im running a nismo intank as my feed pump and the 044 from my surge but the results were the same when I just used the single nismo intank.

yeah, Im pretty sure even the stock pump is plenty good enough to supply a surge tank setup..

yeah, Im pretty sure even the stock pump is plenty good enough to supply a surge tank setup..

Yeah for a feed any pump will do for me it just turned out this way because previously was using just the nismo intank then later decided to add a surge tank.

1996 R33 GTS-t SII

Unopened motor

Stock plenum

Stock exhaust manifold

Stock BOV

Hypergear ATR43G3 internal wastegate

ViPec V44

HKS EVC-S boost controller

Nismo 550cc injectors

4in Aluminium Intake

4in K&N air filter

Greddy FMIC

Walbro intank 500hp pump

Splitfire coilpacks

NGK BKR7ES copper spark plugs, gapped 0.8mm

3in Bellmouth dump pipe

3in Decat pipe

3.5in exhaust, no mufflers

375rwhp on 20psi, fullboost by 4200rpm (sorry no dyno graph >_<)

Great, looks like you ended up making the 280rwkws.

FNT turbine update:

I've been working on a newer ATR43G3's rear housing for few weeks now and this new FNT turbine housing that suited better for the street:

Dyno tested today at Statu's brand new dyno room. :thumbsup:

atr43g3power.jpg

(Pink line corrospond to reading above, The blue line was from a different turbo)

atr43g3boost.jpg

Compare to the older housing I've lost about 10KWs based on the same boost level, but much better response. How ever 20psi is about the max efficiency from this turbine housing, while the older .82 FNT housing was still making power at 24psi.

I've also fixed up my EBC (big thanks to Trent): Greedy Profect B. That worked like magic (with the 20psi actuator). Very steady boost control, worked better then the manual controller I've had.

I will be removing this turbo and evaluate some thing else. This turbine housing will be available for swap to any one that currently own a .82 version of the G3 for further evaluation and results. PM me if interested.

For those in WA or Perth with a Hypergear turbo, i would suggest taking it to Garage 101 to get it tuned.

Because?

How many hg turbos have they done?

I've mainly had WA customers experiencing problems with tuning, which is also the first time it cames to my awareness as an issue. I've never thought the "tune" would make that much difference as most tuners I've used in Melbourne are good and getting close results.

Also make sure the car is running 100% before taking to the tuners, most of them would just chuck it on the dyno without knowing if there is an issue. becuase of that, figures could be way off the norm and possibly cause damanges to the engine.

Great, looks like you ended up making the 280rwkws.

FNT turbine update:

I've been working on a newer ATR43G3's rear housing for few weeks now and this new FNT turbine housing that suited better for the street:

Dyno tested today at Statu's brand new dyno room. :thumbsup:

atr43g3power.jpg

(Pink line corrospond to reading above, The blue line was from a different turbo)

atr43g3boost.jpg

Compare to the older housing I've lost about 10KWs based on the same boost level, but much better response. How ever 20psi is about the max efficiency from this turbine housing, while the older .82 FNT housing was still making power at 24psi.

I've also fixed up my EBC (big thanks to Trent): Greedy Profect B. That worked like magic (with the 20psi actuator). Very steady boost control, worked better then the manual controller I've had.

I will be removing this turbo and evaluate some thing else. This turbine housing will be available for swap to any one that currently own a .82 version of the G3 for further evaluation and results. PM me if interested.

that looks nice and smooth...are u still using an adaptronic Stao?? Y not using its built in boost control??

Oh wait I see an afm so i guess not..I see you still have the Ex manifold though..hows that working out