SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I'm aiming to crack 300rwkws with a stock 21U R33 housings on pump 98. It felt abit too responsive as some thing maxing 300rwkws, can't wait to see how it goes once tuned.

Its a brae manifold. a duplication of my ebay SS manifold that cracked using steel pipe. its apparantly an expansive one time job that I haven't fully evaluate it yet.

I've also got an HKS low mount cast manifold fully surfaced with T3x bolt pattern. comes with HKS 38mm gate for $1200. PM if interested

I'm aiming to crack 300rwkws with a stock 21U R33 housings on pump 98. It felt abit too responsive as some thing maxing 300rwkws, can't wait to see how it goes once tuned.

Its a brae manifold. a duplication of my ebay SS manifold that cracked using steel pipe. its apparantly an expansive one time job that I haven't fully evaluate it yet.

I've also got an HKS low mount cast manifold fully surfaced with T3x bolt pattern. comes with HKS 38mm gate for $1200. PM if interested

Isnt 300rwkw on stock R33 housing going to cause the turbo to be running extra hot most of the time due to its tiny size and max flow squeezed out of it??

That can be compensated by machining out the internals of the factory turbine housing making a larger blow tunnel while using an extra large turbine wheel to compensate. Not sure to what extend thou.

Ive been away since the start of this year so did not have time to troubleshoot my lack of power and finish the tune with my SS1PU. Finally back home and having the car sorted out tomorrow. With some luck I hope it wont be too hard to work out the power loss issue before completing the tune.

Has anyone finished their SS1PU tunes and got final results in the last two months? Flicked through the thread but didnt see any.

Edit : Found one in the dyno results thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/page__view__findpost__p__6189807

Any more? ;)

Another update with the G3's rear housing. This re-makes OEM dump flange from the G3. enables better turbine flow, and increase the boost to power ratio.

adaptor.jpg

This flange can be removed without removing the turbo. I'm happy to have above mod update all current G3 and G4 .84 units free of charge regardless how old it is, and good time to do the fnt mod for 2010 and earlier units. PM for details.

Its got larger opening area then the older model, how ever that would be the absolute of what can be fitted based on stock oem dump pattern. I've managed to get couple made last weekend, I can do it on exchange bases, as you can have the old one send back after the newer one is received. Its just 5bolt on the rear housing. pretty easy to de-tach. best to have it installed if the turbo is not yet fitted.

Edit: sorry I must need the original adaptor to work with as the wastegate wholes are individually drilled to suit the disc. will take 1 working day to have it complete.

Ive been away since the start of this year so did not have time to troubleshoot my lack of power and finish the tune with my SS1PU. Finally back home and having the car sorted out tomorrow. With some luck I hope it wont be too hard to work out the power loss issue before completing the tune.

Has anyone finished their SS1PU tunes and got final results in the last two months? Flicked through the thread but didnt see any.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/page__view__findpost__p__6189807

Any more? ;)

Won't be much help to you at the moment, but I'm getting mine installed next Wednesday and assuming that all goes to plan, tuning as soon as I can book it in. Will definintely post results in here.

http://www.skylinesa...ost__p__6189807

Any more? ;)

Here you go.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/390356-for-sale-r33-gts25t-series-2/page__p__6227458#entry6227458

My SS1PU should be here by Friday!

My Nistune chip installed by next week

My Injectors early next week

Things are finally coming together and then I will post results.

Wouldnt mind seeing some good results

What power are you hoping to get?

Why is the new G3 more popular with u guys than the SS2, the SS2 has slightly more area under the curve (response) for a similar peak power output of approx 300-320rwkws.

I understand the G3 might have a tad more power/ flow potential being bigger? And of course its cheaper. Is that the reason? I seriously see the SS2 as a better turbo with the same power goal. Would compare it with a GT3076 /0.82

I went with the G3 because it makes more torque at each rpm increment than the SS2, and it makes more power under the curve (don't just look at boost or response here, the G3 is making more power everywhere than the SS2). The SS2 only catches up in the higher rpm to make the same power, the G3 beats it everywhere else, even if it's only just.

On Stao's results anyway, I haven't got those results yet.

Edited by Hanaldo