SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

JET 31 - Why dont u want maximum torque? Thats the funnest part, yes its more det prone there but if the fuel is good enough then there is gains to be had, then let the boost build to redline and make crazy power figures.

If only...

I was just talking about using 98 octane, not unlimited octane, would be a nice old juggling act with timing on 98..lol, i have had freind long ago just do this with WI, standard T25G;s

on Sr20...25psi coming on and through midrange and 16- 17psi up top which is all it have it give, 111-113mph traps on a T25G in a silvia ..not bad..

cheers

darren

Hey guys

I'm working on a 250kw RB25 setup

Tossing up between the ss1pu or the ss1.5

It's going to be a street car and I want something that pushes you back in your seat and makes you hold on

Makes power early and can hold 250

Read the charts with the differences between the 2 and saw the 1.5 made better numbers on lower boost so I guess this would be the way to go?

What's the difference in the 2 other then the $250 price difference?

http://i.imgur.com/WxXlQ.jpg

definately gets the 'whoa!' feeling :)

Ur on ur own with that one. I see it as even if u have the power to break traction, with the correct throttle control u can be just as fast

Not with a Gt42 and 400+ wkw and 200rwkw of that over say 500rpm of the powerband coming on ..,lol its so toey it impossible to control and the faster you go, the worse it is, because you are applying more load and need far , far less throttle input, all you can do is setup sus and tyre selection

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Thought i would chime in with my findings so far on my ATR43G3.

Firstly, hats off to Stao and his mechanic that can get one of these suckers fitted in 4 hours!

Took it for a little drive around the block. Using 1/2 throttle, i got it to 4500rpm 1 or 2 times just to see whats up. A nice spooling sound and exhaust note is whats up! It seems to run/idle the same as before (tuned ECU), but i know not to give it the beans until its tuned properly.

Changing injectors tomorrow so if all goes well its getting tuned on monday.. Then drags on wednesday. :devil:

Firstly, hats off to Stao and his mechanic that can get one of these suckers fitted in 4 hours!

Took it for a little drive around the block. Using 1/2 throttle, i got it to 4500rpm 1 or 2 times just to see whats up. A nice spooling sound and exhaust note is whats up! It seems to run/idle the same as before (tuned ECU), but i know not to give it the beans until its tuned properly.

Changing injectors tomorrow so if all goes well its getting tuned on monday.. Then drags on wednesday. :devil:

Would be good to see some mph from these things!

cheers

darren

You're not gonna try to drive it to Ovaboost after doing the injectors are you??? I'd bring a couple sets of replacement spark plugs if you are :P

Also keen for results from the tune/drags :D

You're not gonna try to drive it to Ovaboost after doing the injectors are you??? I'd bring a couple sets of replacement spark plugs if you are :P

Also keen for results from the tune/drags :D

Lol, i've since decided to change them in their car park. :thumbsup:

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

assume the wheels, shaft, bearings, and housings are re-useable. That will cost you $400. If every thing are gone and only housings are good then its not suitable for rebuilding. That will cost you $800 which is high flowing to 2860rs specifications. So the worst case scenario will cost $800.

SS1PU makes around very responsive 260rwkw mark running 18~20psi. 22psi max it out at 280rwkws which is the most this turbo can do internally gated. This turbo has no issues handeling boost.

For the GTiR rebuild, $400 covers: 360 degrees thrust bearing, bush bearing, collars, seals, sand blasting, balancing and assembly.

Drop the turbo in when ready. I will need to pull it part to give you an accurate quote.

Some Modifications that I've done to a stockie R33 21U turbo:

2.jpg

Would be awsome if I can crack 300rwkws with it internally gated on pump 98. :D

Turbo's installed today:

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Looking pretty stock :D ?

Initial test drive, it builds up boost very quickly. Dyno tune due in soon.