SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

That was a standard intake pipe with sleeve. Totally different to a 3inchmetal intake pipe with silicone joiners

Do you have one laying around? I'm interested of doing a back to back dyno testing using a PU .82 high flow. Would be interested to source some for high flow customers if they work, or at least can find out what they support up to.

Completely off the current topic, but is there known compatibility issues with the r33 gtst just jap racing split front/dump pipe fitting on a hi Kai high flowed r33 gtst turbo?

If so what's the issue and how can I get around it?

If the intake pipe sucked shut at full gas would the car go noticeably berserk because it's the equivalent of breathing through a straw instead of it's mouth?

I don't see how a metal intake pipe would make more power than a working rubber intake if they're the same sizes roughly.

If the intake pipe sucked shut at full gas would the car go noticeably berserk because it's the equivalent of breathing through a straw instead of it's mouth?

I don't see how a metal intake pipe would make more power than a working rubber intake if they're the same sizes roughly.

What do you mean beserk? The car will be limited to the amount of air it can get throught the collapsed intake pipe. I used to have it and once it sucked shut the power line was just flat. On the road it just felt like a huge flat spot in power. Car still ran fine etc.

The engine completely dies, then it slowly opens up a bit then sucks shut again, basically feels like the engine has been shut off.

^^^^

I thought the turbo is comming back for a ss1.5 upsize.

The main issues with intake restriction are that it can not supply enough air to the comp wheel, 2ndly that slows down the shaft speed making turbine wheel harder to turn, there for trapping combusted air inside combustion chamber causing detonations.

I'm still waiting for bit more feedbacks from couple of evaluation SS2 units at this stage. Will produce them when I have more solid results. For time been, 250~270rwkws mark use the SS1PU and 270~300rwkws mark use the G3.

There is also a prototype high flow from R33 21U turbo that Im working on and off for the time been. The goal is to duplicate G3's result while stay in factory turbo shells.

There is also a prototype high flow from R33 21U turbo that I’m working on and off for the time been. The goal is to duplicate G3's result while stay in factory turbo shells.

This is the best news ive heard in a while! keep up the good work on this idea :)

hi stao, what was the price on highflowing a set of r33 gtr turbos. want loads of response with around 400awhp

Yes can be done, cost $1700 for both turbos.

Also congratulation to customer whom won Vic hill clamb championship. That we built a custom turbo for his SR20det blue bird.

lorance.jpg

Completely off the current topic, but is there known compatibility issues with the r33 gtst just jap racing split front/dump pipe fitting on a hi Kai high flowed r33 gtst turbo?

If so what's the issue and how can I get around it?

The JJR pipe is to close to the firewall and burns the Air-conditioning pipe. You get wet feet. The only way i got around it was to cut the pipe, and drill the hole back into it (was melted shut)

I have one on my car at the moment, and it hasn't done anything to my air con as yet I don't think.

I thought there was meant to be a problem with the wastegate not being able to open/close properly on the high flowed r33 gtst turbo because of the bit of metal which splits the flow?