SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Good intake pipes aye. The 3 inch metal pipe fits snug inside it so not restricting it.

I Can supply if u like

There was no issue's with holding boost. Just how i set it up with the boost controll. Car feels like more than 200kw on the road.

It does feel really fast. And to think I got so much advice before I highflowed to get a bigger turbo, but I love the response of this unit.

Nice and torquey too

Fun!

Where did you get this intake pipe? I need a few my self.

In this case not sure if by using high pressure actuator holding more boost uptop would gain abit more kws, but that would be about the limit from high flowing a R32 GTT turbo.

I have a GCG highflowed R32 rb20det turbo that makes about ~235kw on 18psi dropping to 15psi by redline on an rb25det. Can hold 18-20psi to redline just haven't had a chance to get it tuned with that to see what it can make. I am 100% sure it is an rb20det turbo so you could probably squeeze a slightly bigger rear wheel in there if they managed to.

I have a GCG highflowed R32 rb20det turbo that makes about ~235kw on 18psi dropping to 15psi by redline on an rb25det. Can hold 18-20psi to redline just haven't had a chance to get it tuned with that to see what it can make. I am 100% sure it is an rb20det turbo so you could probably squeeze a slightly bigger rear wheel in there if they managed to.

It has the valve on the compressor housing?

The Rb20det's high flow profile is smaller then what we normally do on RB25det. it can be made bigger, how ever the drivability would turn bad as its missing 0.5L and no VCT enhancing down low.

Rb25det would make power lot easier, Rb20dets are generally 20% behind in power.

The Rb20det's high flow profile is smaller then what we normally do on RB25det. it can be made bigger, how ever the drivability would turn bad as its missing 0.5L and no VCT enhancing down low.

Rb25det would make power lot easier, Rb20dets are generally 20% behind in power.

I'm quite happy with how do the RB20 high flow :)

Good intake pipes aye. The 3 inch metal pipe fits snug inside it so not restricting it.

I Can supply if u like

There was no issue's with holding boost. Just how i set it up with the boost controll. Car feels like more than 200kw on the road.

Tis a neat looking pipe. Can I assume correctly that this should fit an RB25 all the same? If so, what would you sell one for?

Isnt that intake pipe just a bit of straight 3" pipe with 2x45 degree silicone bends cut to the right lengths?

I would be a little bit worried about the silicone bends bending under cornering and acceleration load. Mine just uses a 90 degree metal bend but with fittings welded on so that the bov and pcv lines can be attached.

It sucks that those autobahn 88 metal induction pipes sold by performance wise have been discontinued...

ebay my friend..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Skyline-R33-Gtst-R34-GTT-Stagea-Rb25DET-Turbo-Silicone-Intake-Suction-Pipe-Blue-/180749215364?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a157e2684

Edited by rondofj

does that look like a metal intake pipe to you? :glare:

any competent exhaust shop can make up an intake pipe for you.

should cost anywhere from $100-$150~

does that look like a metal intake pipe to you? :glare:

any competent exhaust shop can make up an intake pipe for you.

should cost anywhere from $100-$150~

yes it does..when you know how to look further.......cut that silicon sucker in half, get a short length 3" metal pipe and put those 2 'joiners' on both ends.. easy isnt it?? Thats how you create a backyard metal intake pipe that should work - refer cherring's car a page earlier on this thread.

Edited by rondofj

I was set out to make my own and after figuring it out its not too hard. To use all your stock oil breather and BOV return, just get a 3" metal intake pipe with 90degree bend, stick it in the front of the turbo and cut the breather and return where they touch the pipe. The pieces you cut off form the nipples to attach your shit back onto. Any workshop will charge little to nothing to weld these on(if you know someone with the welder).

Don't bother trying to make any fancy bends to fit shit. Trust me a 3" 90degree pipe fits the z32 and apexi filter snuggly.

yes it does..when you know how to look further.......cut that silicon sucker in half, get a short length 3" metal pipe and put those 2 'joiners' on both ends.. easy isnt it?? Thats how you create a backyard metal intake pipe that should work - refer cherring's car a page earlier on this thread.

if you're gonna spend $60 on this + 3" pipe to cut and fit in, why not just do that with the stock intake pipe, its been done many times before on here, theres even a DIY thread about it.

if you're gonna spend $60 on this + 3" pipe to cut and fit in, why not just do that with the stock intake pipe, its been done many times before on here, theres even a DIY thread about it.

I did read somewhere that even with the $10 intake mod (stock pipe cut in half with metal pipe stuck in the middle), those rubber bends STILL suck close and dont work for everyone...

Both are pointless and shit ideas. I tried the half metal half stock(the bigger end). According to Tao, this is a loss of 65rwkw from back to back tests he done. I made 244rwkw. Add 60rwkw you get 304rwkw from the SS2. Ive got it sorted now, full 3" metal just need a retune.

I was set out to make my own and after figuring it out its not too hard. To use all your stock oil breather and BOV return, just get a 3" metal intake pipe with 90degree bend, stick it in the front of the turbo and cut the breather and return where they touch the pipe. The pieces you cut off form the nipples to attach your shit back onto. Any workshop will charge little to nothing to weld these on(if you know someone with the welder).

Don't bother trying to make any fancy bends to fit shit. Trust me a 3" 90degree pipe fits the z32 and apexi filter snuggly.

Good idea - I was also thinking of using a 3" 90 deg bend from supercheap for $27 something and get an exhaust place to weld on those annoying breather nipples..just worried about the fit..

Ooops -thats actually a 45 deg piece, they do have them 90deg pieces in aluminium

post-49401-0-38018800-1327902729_thumb.jpg

Edited by rondofj