SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

how much to highflow a s15 turbo and what could be expected out of it? i did a read but would like to hear first hand and yes its for a sr

Can high flow that to some thing similar to a 2860 or 71 with good response and drivability. Can also high flow them in to G3 specifications which one member in NS made 290rwkws on pump 98 with, how ever its bit laggy for a SR20det.

Bit update on turbine designs, I'm working on another model based on .82 G3s by keeping combustion circulating longer inside the turbine housing before final exist, hopefully speeding up turbine wheel at higher rpm without increasing combustion pressure. If every thing works according to plan this method would deliver even better ending result then the current fnt setup.

I think Ron may have gotten confused, because Birds said he was getting a SS1PU but then later he said hows my high flow going :D

I was slightly confused too

If I'm correct in my guessing, I'm getting the internals of an ATR43 SS1PU put into the standard turbo...so it will have the standard comp housing bored out to suit and look factory, but the aftermarket rear housing with FNT.

If I'm correct in my guessing, I'm getting the internals of an ATR43 SS1PU put into the standard turbo...so it will have the standard comp housing bored out to suit and look factory, but the aftermarket rear housing with FNT.

So will this make bit less power than ss1PU but with bit better response?

Can high flow that to some thing similar to a 2860 or 71 with good response and drivability. Can also high flow them in to G3 specifications which one member in NS made 290rwkws on pump 98 with, how ever its bit laggy for a SR20det.

Bit update on turbine designs, I'm working on another model based on .82 G3s by keeping combustion circulating longer inside the turbine housing before final exist, hopefully speeding up turbine wheel at higher rpm without increasing combustion pressure. If every thing works according to plan this method would deliver even better ending result then the current fnt setup.

What Is the spool point 4200 for 290 I would be happy with 4500 kinda have to expect that type of thing

So will this make bit less power than ss1PU but with bit better response?

Should be much the same, maybe a little less...I don't think the ATR43 comp housing is much bigger than the standard comp housing, if at all. I just wanted a more factory look so got Stao to high flow the factory comp. The rear housing is the same as the ATR43 so this is why it should produce similar results.

Apparently my turbo is now ready so I'll pick it up, install next weekend and get it tuned soon after.

OK, dont get confused..... Stao can highflow your turbo, its called a highflow...

Stao also does what he calls a PU highflow, which is pretty much the same as your regular highflow but stao puts a bigger rear housing on it.

The rear housing is similar to whats on the G3... But it will retain your stock front compressor housing. I believe it comfortably maxed out at 290 or so.

Ahh how nice it would be to start back at a stock skyline.. Simple highflow, cooler, zaust, tune. How nice it would be :rolleyes:

Whats the difference between the PU hi-flow and the G3?, i actually thought they where exactly the same except the the G3 comp cover is a big GT30-35 .70 one instead of standard.

But then i don't actually know and have never asked..lol

cheers

darren

Can someone correct/ clarify me:

Hypergear equivalent or closest match to:

Kando T67 = G3?

GT3076R = Kando TD06SL2 20G(10cm) = SS2 or G3?

GT3071R = SS1PU

R34 Hiflow / GCG hiflow = SS1

Can someone correct/ clarify me:

Hypergear equivalent or closest match to:

Kando T67 = G3?

GT3076R = Kando TD06SL2 20G(10cm) = SS2 or G3?

GT3071R = SS1PU

R34 Hiflow / GCG hiflow = SS1

Very gross comparisons.. I dont even want to do this but here goes:

T67 = 35R (will be similar in power on the average setup, on a well built setup you can expect more power from the 35r but more response from t67)

3076 = G3 (G3 will be laggier)

3071 = G2 (3071 may make more power)

2835 = SL2-20g/SS1PU (2835 should be laggier, final output about the same)

GCG/GTRS = SS1 (the staple 240kw products)

Please pick something now and but it lol

Very gross comparisons.. I dont even want to do this but here goes:

T67 = 35R (will be similar in power on the average setup, on a well built setup you can expect more power from the 35r but more response from t67)

3076 = G3 (G3 will be laggier)

3071 = G2 (3071 may make more power)

2835 = SL2-20g/SS1PU (2835 should be laggier, final output about the same)

GCG/GTRS = SS1 (the staple 240kw products)

Please pick something now and but it lol

Thanks man, interesting how they compare, where would you put the ss2 btw??

I would put the SS2 with the 3076. Both turbo's capable of 300rwkw, with the SS2 coming to full boost by about 3500, tad earlier than the 3076. I would have compared the G3 more to the GT35 turbo, it has potential of about 350rwkw and it won't make full power until about 4krpm...

I would put the SS2 with the 3076. Both turbo's capable of 300rwkw, with the SS2 coming to full boost by about 3500, tad earlier than the 3076. I would have compared the G3 more to the GT35 turbo, it has potential of about 350rwkw and it won't make full power until about 4krpm...

Thats what I thought, as per my original post, ie-

ss2 = GT3076

T67 = G3

Hey Sarge did u get your missing kilowatts after you fixed your intake pipe?? How much power u at now?

any reviews on the 50mm hyper-gear gates you sell?

The Silvia you see on youtube has one fitted and running for the past 5 years. I occationally uses them on the test car, works fine. Internal wise I've machined them to run on dual springs fully adjustable.

Size wise G3 is one trim larger then a 3076 with 2mms bigger in comp inducer and turbine exducer. I think might also be an slightly bigger turbo then a T67.