SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Whats the big difference between the ss1PU and ss1.5PU?? They are both similarly rated on the website, which ones better for the street?

From results on Stao's car they both had similar response except the SS1.5PU goes on to make 15-20rwkw on less boost. So the answer to me is the SS1.5PU in every way. Pity I bought the SS1 before it came out lol.

LOLZ how did you come up with that turbo?? That turbo would have full boost a fair bit over 5000rpm. Why not run a GT45 turbo on 0.2psi...

As birds said, you want something much much smaller. Either a highflow or an SS1.5PU would be my choices.

Sorry i'm not expert on turbos, I was under the impression RB25de + T come boost very fast due to high compression, coupled with E85, was thinking of something that is a bit laggier to avoid endless wheel spin in a gts-t. Didn't realise it would be that bad :S.

Sorry i'm not expert on turbos, I was under the impression RB25de + T come boost very fast due to high compression, coupled with E85, was thinking of something that is a bit laggier to avoid endless wheel spin in a gts-t. Didn't realise it would be that bad :S.

Sorry mate might have been a bit harsh. To avoid wheelspin then you actually want a smaller turbo like an SS1.5 which comes on really linear and smooth. I have 265 wide semi slick tyres and cant spin them with full throttle in 2nd gear (E85 and 280rwkw). Whereas I had a larger ATR43G3 turbo before and that made the same power ~280rwkw but that would wheelspin in 2nd because it was lag and then a sudden hit.

You do want to make sure you dont choke the engine with a tiny turbo/housing but the SS1.5 wont and you will only need very low boost to make 250rwkw.

Hope so.. it's going in a 32 too ;).

http://digi-hardware.com/atr43.html

I'm guessing I want a g4 in a .82 housing.

Profile G4 T3 .82 / 1.0: 600HP $1250

Mate I think you will happily make your desired results with a PU high flow AND on 98 ron. No need for a big fk off turbo and definitely do not need to hassle of E85.

98 you can fill it up anywhere you go, no need to worry. The PU highflow will also look almost exactly like a stock turbo and will be the closest thing to a true bolt on you can get. Its good for over 280kw i believe so you should get 250 on the DE without hassle.

Add E85 to that and your probably talking 300 but I wouldnt bother.

Sorry mate might have been a bit harsh. To avoid wheelspin then you actually want a smaller turbo like an SS1.5 which comes on really linear and smooth. I have 265 wide semi slick tyres and cant spin them with full throttle in 2nd gear (E85 and 280rwkw). Whereas I had a larger ATR43G3 turbo before and that made the same power ~280rwkw but that would wheelspin in 2nd because it was lag and then a sudden hit.

You do want to make sure you dont choke the engine with a tiny turbo/housing but the SS1PU wont and you will only need very low boost to make 250rwkw.

Mate I think you will happily make your desired results with a PU high flow AND on 98 ron. No need for a big fk off turbo and definitely do not need to hassle of E85.

98 you can fill it up anywhere you go, no need to worry. The PU highflow will also look almost exactly like a stock turbo and will be the closest thing to a true bolt on you can get. Its good for over 280kw i believe so you should get 250 on the DE without hassle.

Yeah but the PU high flow has a lot more lag and when it hits is a lot more sudden then a SS1PU turbo. It does have the stock appearance from the front of the turbo but the street performance will be heaps better with an SS1PU. The PU high flow has a large 0.82 rear.

280rwkw sounds like a lot on 98 fuel with a high comp standard engine?? I would limit it to around 250-260rwkw on 98 fuel and then with E85 you have the extra protection from the high compression to push it further.

I hear you there, except this is my 3rd R32 (gts-t w/ RB25de + t; I have a gts-t and gts4 w/ RB26 already) and as such it's a bit of a project car. I really wanted to give E85 ago and most of the local service stations stock it. I don't really want to start off with high objectives being my first project car and it is still road registered. I want something that will be reliable on the track and keep my meagre skills challenged and I don't want the costs to be crazy high.. a little of everything. It is a choice between a high flow and a hypergear at this stage, but E85 is definite. It seems the dream combo of high comp, turbo and E85 is too hard to pass up for me :D. The power figure was really ball park i'd love to have the potential to easily push higher as I get time in the car.

SS1PU is the latest version. The Model 1.5xx is the older trailing version. If you are after a responsive 250~280rwkws the SS1PU is the one to get.

That's the one I ordered in high flow form, yeah? How is my girl coming along?

You guys are confusing me a bit, I only knew of the SS1.5 (older version) and the SS1PU, the current version with billet wheel etc which is better.. But what the hell is the PU hiflow??? Is it rated the same as SS1PU?

OK, dont get confused..... Stao can highflow your turbo, its called a highflow...

Stao also does what he calls a PU highflow, which is pretty much the same as your regular highflow but stao puts a bigger rear housing on it.

The rear housing is similar to whats on the G3... But it will retain your stock front compressor housing. I believe it comfortably maxed out at 290 or so.

Ahh how nice it would be to start back at a stock skyline.. Simple highflow, cooler, zaust, tune. How nice it would be :rolleyes:

[quote name='GTScotT' timestamp='1327007343' post='6196481'

Ahh how nice it would be to start back at a stock skyline.. Simple highflow, cooler, zaust, tune. How nice it would be :rolleyes:

But then it would be boring..? :O

I hear you there, except this is my 3rd R32 (gts-t w/ RB25de + t; I have a gts-t and gts4 w/ RB26 already) and as such it's a bit of a project car. I really wanted to give E85 ago and most of the local service stations stock it. I don't really want to start off with high objectives being my first project car and it is still road registered. I want something that will be reliable on the track and keep my meagre skills challenged and I don't want the costs to be crazy high.. a little of everything. It is a choice between a high flow and a hypergear at this stage, but E85 is definite. It seems the dream combo of high comp, turbo and E85 is too hard to pass up for me :D. The power figure was really ball park i'd love to have the potential to easily push higher as I get time in the car.

Tsk tsk...you really should know better dave...looks like i gave you too much credit.....