SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Its on my X-trail, getting tuned as i speak.

running 7psi hoping for about 260awhp.

QR25DE+T (2.5L 4cyl)

And yeh that's the manifold im using. I took those photos myself, when i was helping my mate make that manifold.

Just trying to find some more specs on it, cos all i was told is its off a Z31 300zx single turbo...

Its bin rebuilt since then, and i didnt get around to asking the guys at turbo tech if they knew.

Its on my X-trail, getting tuned as i speak.

running 7psi hoping for about 260awhp.

QR25DE+T (2.5L 4cyl)

And yeh that's the manifold im using. I took those photos myself, when i was helping my mate make that manifold.

Just trying to find some more specs on it, cos all i was told is its off a Z31 300zx single turbo...

Its bin rebuilt since then, and i didnt get around to asking the guys at turbo tech if they knew.

I have a hi flowed one of those on my 33, if its the normal vg30det turbo then it will have a .6 rear housing, they had ceramic rear wheels standard but that should have been changed when it was rebuilt, if not they can handle 15psi becuase they have a thicker shaft than r33 turbo's, no idea on front wheel and housing sizes as mine uses a standard 33 comp cover that has been machined out to fit the to4 comp wheel.

Its a CAT machinery actuator. by spec its rated to a bout 26psi. I bench tested it, it started to open at 18psi. I got skyline with 5 broken pistons at moment. So waiting for engine overhaul at this stage.

I'm currently under going some creative modifications to stock R33 2IU turbine housing aim is to push out 270rwkws out of this and possible 290rwkws out of the OP6 rear housings. Well only if current meth works.

Thanks for the support guys, I will let you know if I need your car to do trail runs.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently under going some creative modifications to stock R33 2IU turbine housing aim is to push out 270rwkws out of this and possible 290rwkws out of the OP6 rear housings. Well only if current meth works.

Thanks for the support guys, I will let you know if I need your car to do trail runs.

how did you go with the "creative mod"?

The creative mod has been sold to kwrickr33 for evaluation so PM him for results.

Water fittings is M18x1.5 same as your stock fittings. PM me if you need the high pressure CAT actuator when ready for tune.

Well. It isn't that bad. because the actuator did hold 21psi. So this actuator can hold boost.

It seems to be the EBC's solenoid failed for some reasons. It was holding 9psi, 12 psi, then the last run was on 15psi. It was all smooth then felt just like the boost line to actuator popped off. Boost went sky rocket. and Boom. Actuator is fine.

Just quick note:

Our last day this year is Tuesday 22nd of Dec and will come back on 15th of Jan 2010. I will get all of yours orders made and sent before we finishing off.

It has been an amazing year, I like to thank you all for your support in 2009.

Merry Xmas + Happy new year to you all.

Its $180. Tested it today. It did hold it pretty fine and blewn up my engine again at 21psi. lol Not sure what the $&%^ happened. Engine's comming out again.

Bugger..... was it forged or stock? 21psi is getting a bit excessive on an old engine too.. you can see why i dont like anything over 19psi unless i know the car intimately.

Bugger..... was it forged or stock? 21psi is getting a bit excessive on an old engine too.. you can see why i dont like anything over 19psi unless i know the car intimately.

The engine originally had 5 cracked pistons through the ring lane area. So I replaced those pistons with a set of brand new OEM pistons and rings. I got them for $500 off some one who bought them and ended up forgies. The engine noise you heard earlier was gone straight after rebuild.

My boost gauge has scale for of 20psi so I guess the tuner wasn't be able to read it if its above. So he said 21psi as the niddel stops there. It was running a ATR43G4 which is identical to a GT3582R in .82 rear.

Well its worth spending $3500 to find out the actuator that works. All for science and my customers.