SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Interesting to see that he could only make similar ~280rwkw as well whereas on your car and others it has made 300rwkw+. Wonder what is/was holding them back.

Note he was only running 18psi, I made 289rwkw@18psi on my hub dyno run, so quite similar. I believe Stao on his 320rwkw run was boosting to 23psi? In any case, I'd say you will need to run at least 20psi to crack the 300 mark on pump 98.

Edited by Hanaldo

Yup can see the improvement there. Also the hit of boost is slightly smoother so would give the tyres a bit more chance of holding on with the FNT.

Interesting to see that he could only make similar ~280rwkw as well whereas on your car and others it has made 300rwkw+. Wonder what is/was holding them back.

E85 & more boost, gogo

Note he was only running 18psi, I made 289rwkw@18psi on my hub dyno run, so quite similar. I believe Stao on his 320rwkw run was boosting to 23psi? In any case, I'd say you will need to run at least 20psi to crack the 300 mark on pump 98.

Nope, Stao made 305rwkw with the exact same turbo I had and was only running 18psi also.

E85 & more boost, gogo

See how my boost is dropping to 15.5psi. No matter what I did to raise the boost it would drop back to 15.5psi. So no point in increasing it for it then to drop off up top.

See how my boost is dropping to 15.5psi. No matter what I did to raise the boost it would drop back to 15.5psi. So no point in increasing it for it then to drop off up top.

More midrange punch

There is an adjustment on the back of the turbo, you can adjust the creep amount with an allen key. Stao can give you advice to doing this.

I think the outcome is that you will boost higher up top than down low, but thats not really an issue if you just turn the boost down to suit

Nope, Stao made 305rwkw with the exact same turbo I had and was only running 18psi also.

Oh are you talking about the PU high flow? I was referring to the G3.

Got a graph of Stao's run? I can only find the one where he made 295@18psi with that turbo.

More midrange punch

Yeah true I just dont like the feeling of torque dropping off.

There is an adjustment on the back of the turbo, you can adjust the creep amount with an allen key. Stao can give you advice to doing this.

I think the outcome is that you will boost higher up top than down low, but thats not really an issue if you just turn the boost down to suit

Hmmm havent heard of that?? Any more details? We tried all the studs to reduce the size of the wastegate path to hopefully increase boost up top but couldnt do it. I think my intercooler could have been restrictive.

Oh are you talking about the PU high flow? I was referring to the G3.

Got a graph of Stao's run? I can only find the one where he made 295@18psi with that turbo.

Yeah talking about the PU high flow. Sorry your right Stao made 295rwkw on 18psi and 305rwkw on ~21psi.

there are two alen keys next to the flapper, did you try those?

it could be that you are getting so much volume through the mid range that you cap it out early and cant do anything about it.

either way your results are already good lol

Yeah true I just dont like the feeling of torque dropping off.

It wouldn't be dropping off any more than it is now, I guess the slope would be steeper, but you'd still have more power/torque under the curve.

You talking about my old intercooler Stao? Didnt know it was that bad? Anyway I changed to an ARC return flow when I changed to the SS1 turbo. So unfortunately cant directly see the difference, except Trent said after 15+ dyno runs the temps were excellent.

Not Jeffs. The other car with the G3 has a made in china return flow that went burning hot after 1 run and took agers to cool. Buy the cross over ones like mine with a decent 600x300x75mm core. That gives the best performance.

Tao, I wanna come past tomorrow and talk to you about high flows / get you started on one for me, as I'm biting the bullet on getting one. When is a good time?

Tao, I wanna come past tomorrow and talk to you about high flows / get you started on one for me, as I'm biting the bullet on getting one. When is a good time?

Highflow? Get a SS1.5 PU. Be a man. Do da right fing.

After talking to Tao and testing his car, we've arrived at an SS1PU highflow as my choice. Stock looking compressor housing with modest power and hopefully only a little laggier than the standard turbo. Was very impressed with the Taomobile's power, the thing just wants to eat gutters above 4500rpm in any gear, but it's a bit laggy for my liking and daily driving. Can't remember what turbo he had fitted, but I'd rather more useful power and hopefully the SS1PU fits that bill. Will post results when I get installed and tuned :thumbsup: