SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

They won't help much with internal gates man. I held 20psi just fine with the previous Hypergear setup mind you.

You should probably get the same setup as me so I can see how you go with the VIPEC :D

when are you hoping to have your turbo in if you decide? ill see ur result, and opion bout this LAG buisness b4 you see mine as my car is goin in 20th of this month to get wired at c-red as this engine is in a s13 so prob looking at april b4 i run this turbo. i hope to see fairly good results

They won't help much with internal gates man. I held 20psi just fine with the previous Hypergear setup mind you.

You should probably get the same setup as me so I can see how you go with the VIPEC :D

it looks that way. I am hoping my intercooler isnt too restrictive.

when are you hoping to have your turbo in if you decide? ill see ur result, and opion bout this LAG buisness b4 you see mine as my car is goin in 20th of this month to get wired at c-red as this engine is in a s13 so prob looking at april b4 i run this turbo. i hope to see fairly good results

Realisticly, probably next month it should be ready for a tune.

yeh i have neo engine, whats tcs? i gather its traction control tho

Yeh traction control. Make sure they wire it up. They deleted mine and now it's causing me endless headaches.

im running a no name intercooler so i wouldnt be worried bout a trust or gredy unit unless its one of those ones a tad bigger then a stocker , HANALDO are u trolling or serious u whant them to wire it even if it is in a s13 not r34? he swore everything would work as it would be, as if i was driving in a r34 ,ovisiously without traction control

Edited by skyzthalimit

It depends on what ecu you're using mate. I'm using NIStune, and the lack of traction control is wreaking havoc with the stock computer, making it pull fuel unexpectedly and things like that. Gives me a very rough power curve and makes it very hard to tune.

They also didn't wire in my stock boost sensor, they replaced it with my EBC sensor and that's giving the same trouble.

It depends on what ecu you're using mate. I'm using NIStune, and the lack of traction control is wreaking havoc with the stock computer, making it pull fuel unexpectedly and things like that. Gives me a very rough power curve and makes it very hard to tune.

They also didn't wire in my stock boost sensor, they replaced it with my EBC sensor and that's giving the same trouble.

I mentioned. before that Im also running a stagea ecu on my R34 with R34 maps and Nistune - No TCS, hasnt caused me any problems at all except that theres no traction control. Have u tried swapping a diff working ecu Hanaldo?

Got some data from a customer's R34 yesterday running a FNT .82 G3 vs Jeff's std .82 PU high flow on 18psi. There is about 250rpms differences in response with lot better road drivability.

boost.jpg

power.jpg

Yup can see the improvement there. Also the hit of boost is slightly smoother so would give the tyres a bit more chance of holding on with the FNT.

Interesting to see that he could only make similar ~280rwkw as well whereas on your car and others it has made 300rwkw+. Wonder what is/was holding them back.

Defiantly going to send my turbo back for the FNT upgrade, just gotta wait till I can afford a 44mm wastegate, may as well upgrade to external if im getting a new exhaust housing.

Where can i buy a good quality gate for less than the $600 i keep seeing the turbo smart items for sale for?

Defiantly going to send my turbo back for the FNT upgrade, just gotta wait till I can afford a 44mm wastegate, may as well upgrade to external if im getting a new exhaust housing.

Where can i buy a good quality gate for less than the $600 i keep seeing the turbo smart items for sale for?

I got my comp-gate 40 for $330. 44mm will be a bit more expensive though, are you sure you need it? Mine holds boost perfectly and I'm only running 18psi, if you run the full 20-23psi that the turbo is capable of then I'm sure the 40mm wastegate would be more than sufficient.

Just keep an eye on eBay if you know how to spot fakes, there's plenty of genuine items on there thumbsup.gif