SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Ur running the SS1 Harey?? So assuming ur at 260rwkw, hows the response and more important, the punch-in-seat feeling in ur R34??

Yeah I am running the SS1 but I could only make 245rwkw on 98 on 20psi dropping to 18psi. The exact same turbo on Tao's car made 265rwkw but a few more psi starting at 23psi. Then I put it on E85 and made 280rwkw with even better response, its a pretty dam good street setup but if you can make 260-280rwkw with the same response with an SS1PU then sounds good to me.

Regarding intercoolers I upgraded my crappy intercooler to an ARC turnflow. It improved my response by 2-300rpm and Trent said the temps did not rise after 7+ runs and it is ready for some track work. On smaller engined turbo cars I think a responsive efficient intercooler is really important. Whereas larger engined turbo cars like XR6 turbos its not as important as an extra 1-200rpm of lag is not a big issue as long as the air is cool.

Is it a street car? I wouldn't do it.

Yep, on my only [daily] car. Maybe a couple track days a year.

Haha, you are the other voice in my head telling me not to do it. Then theres the other side saying "Nahh she'll be right, a bit of lag will be alright". Its either that or go the standard 0P6 highflow - 250'ish rwkw.

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

Yep, on my only [daily] car. Maybe a couple track days a year.

Haha, you are the other voice in my head telling me not to do it.

It will be slower, there is no good reason to do it. Why do you want a slow car?

Yeah I have to agree with the ATR43G3 being a bad turbo for mostly a daily driven street car. It will be annoying as you will go to accelerate to change lanes etc and you will be waiting for boost for too long. Its completely different on a track car where you will keep the turbo on song as the car will always be above 4000rpm anyway.

It is the transient response that kills it, it isn't just rpm, it is time it takes to get on boost.

It will be slower guaranteed, slower off the line, slower in traffic, slower in the hills (most of the time), faster on the track and drag strip.

Edited by Rolls

yes i have been in plety and all setups react differentt weather your running same parts on a idential engine i just reacon saying 250 kw to say 280 290 that he wants is gona so called reck its street value unless its on a track its just not true

Edited by skyzthalimit

250kw is the sweet spot for a road car, you can get that with almost stock response.

This could be a debate of sorts. Many people in here recommend 270-280rwkw is as far as you wana go for a very responsive and very quick 2.5L street car. I havent been un one so cannot say, but that IS my power goal..

This could be a debate of sorts. Many people in here recommend 270-280rwkw is as far as you wana go for a very responsive and very quick 2.5L street car. I havent been un one so cannot say, but that IS my power goal..

Yeah if you get it right, most people who go 280kw choose a turbo that can do 300+ hence why it isn't optimal, and most people that buy a turbo and expect 280 with response have issues(?) and can't get it there, eg I think it was hanaldo? who has pretty much everything spot on but still couldn't replicate staos 280 due to something not being 100%.

If you go E85 then totally different story though.