SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Its honestly just sitting pretty ATM. Just PM me an offer and I'll consider it.

It needs a basic clean and recheck with a straight edge and its good to go. Valves/springs/retainers still in place. Will need to look for the buckets, cams are VCT and rusted.

As stated, welded to suit RB30 block, not non VCT yet using typical R33 DET head means easy fitment with Freddys ETC

considering just getting a Kai highflow done on my 0p6 stocker.. should do atleast 270rwkw and full boost around 4000rpm and its LITERALLY bolt on/off.. $1370 and thats it. or is it, i dont know how the stock intake would hold up to it - Stao?

anyone have any updates on their HG turbos?

Not any real updates as of yet, but may have figured out a possible fix for my problems after speaking with Matt from NIStune. The TCS error code is possibly causing problems by pulling fuel unexpectedly. This may be fixable by reprogramming my board with a Stagea image. The boost sensor DTC is similar story, the stock ECU needs the signal from the stock solenoid because it uses boost control tables, but that was removed when we installed my engine and the Greddy Profec.

So I'm slowly working through my issues, nothing concrete yet though.

Not any real updates as of yet, but may have figured out a possible fix for my problems after speaking with Matt from NIStune. The TCS error code is possibly causing problems by pulling fuel unexpectedly. This may be fixable by reprogramming my board with a Stagea image. The boost sensor DTC is similar story, the stock ECU needs the signal from the stock solenoid because it uses boost control tables, but that was removed when we installed my engine and the Greddy Profec.

So I'm slowly working through my issues, nothing concrete yet though.

Why don't you just take brad's advice on how to fix it?

Edited by SimonR32

He didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. This was his last PM to me:

The Trc code. You need to make sure its plugged in. Its the Brown plug on the back of the TRC motor. Not the main TPS plug at the front. If you dont want TRC you can get rid of it completly but that a little hard to explain. This should rectify both of you abs and TRC codes.

My Car has a Greddy plenum so Its not the same . I think it still has the Abs DTC in there as I dont have TRC anymore.

I Never had it tuned with these faults so I dont know if they would have affected it at all. I fix all the problems

Beforehand as it put the engine light on.

But I do not have TRC, it's been deleted. I have no intention of wiring it up either, I'm not interested in it and the plan is to go forward facing plenum in the future anyway where it would just have to be deleted again. I did ask him how he fixed it with TRC disabled but never got a reply.

Edited by Hanaldo

Yeh see that would mean wiring everything up. I've got the throttle body and the sensor on the back of it but it's not connected to anything. Would work if I was doing what he did by going to forward facing and the stock setup was all there.

May be easier to use the Stagea image if it works.

Hanaldo, i have the stagea ecu in my R34 for unknown reasons if that helps. Its running R34 maps though and Nistune. No probs, just dont have TCS/Slip, no light nothing..have the dual butterfly in the Tb.

Hey guys,could anybody tell me the size of the dump pipe bolts?

I've just ordered a jjr 3" bell mouth (rb25) and searching has proved fruitless for me, unless im typing in the wrong phrases.

I'm not at home for another 2weeks and would like to have everything waiting for me when i get home.

Cheers guys

P.s Great thread,lots of info

Hey guys,could anybody tell me the size of the dump pipe bolts?

I've just ordered a jjr 3" bell mouth (rb25) and searching has proved fruitless for me, unless im typing in the wrong phrases.

They are M8x1.25 from memory, someone confirm??

It doesn't say if the order comes with anything else so I ordered the permaseal full gasket set for the upcoming highflow purchase.

After reading a few posts on the subject, I thought it might be worthwhile replacing them. If they don't need replacing then spares will always be handy to have.

Thanks for the help guys, M8 1.25 it is. I'll try and get varying lengths and the 10mm head is a great tip Jez.

Can u not use the stock ones? I got bolts n crappy gaskets from just jap when i got my jjr pipe.

You can, but keep in mind that these bolts are 12+ years old now, they've seen a lot of heating up and cooling down. I considered myself very lucky when I didn't snap any of them getting my turbo off for the first time. Better to just replace them in my eyes, makes future removals so much easier.

I actually changed to allen key studs on my last turbo install. Makes getting THAT bolt out a breeze :D

First of all, happy new year every one.

SS1PU is a totally different turbo to the SS1 and I found its a lot better turbo with similar sort of response. Pulls lot harder.

I'm currently evaluation CBB G3, customized turbine housings and few different billet high flow profiles at this stage, will have some results posted soon.

I'm currently evaluation CBB G3, customized turbine housings and few different billet high flow profiles at this stage, will have some results posted soon.

I thought you did away with CBB tech? Many of the good/reliable turbos out run journals anyway, so I dont understand the need for change.

Keep your cost low and reliability high :thumbsup: